Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload speed very slow with Irish Broadband

Options
  • 19-05-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

is anyone else having problems with their upload speed with Irish Broadband?

i have a breeze 2Mb connection, which stopped working 2 weeks ago. when i rang them, in fairness to them they sent technicians out the next day. the technicians gave me a new IP address which they said meant i'd get a signal from Deansgrange instead of Belmont (i live in deansgrange!)

now the internet works and download speed is fine but whenever i try to upload anything, using various sites such as yousendit.com or mediamax.com, or FTP programs such as Fireftp or transmit (i'm using a macbook pro) the upload speed starts off good and within a few seconds is down to 5Kbps. aaargh! it takes hours to send a big file - 2 weeks ago before the internet stopped working my upload speed was quite fast, more like 50-100Kbps. Irish Broadband claim its not their fault but could be the sites i'm uploading to. but it's the same for all of them so i doubt that's the case!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 zoid

this issue seems to be fixed since last night. upload speed returned to normal. not impressed with IBB's customer service for this though - didn't reply to 2 emails, on the phone denied it had anything to do with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Never any problems with upload here.

Am on the 3mb Breeze and usual upload speeds are about 500kb/sec!

Advertisement