Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visiting cork city

Options
  • 19-05-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

hi there, i was wondering if any of you friendly munster folk could help me out...

myself, herself and about 5 friends are hoping to come down to cork city for a short midweek break (29th-31st may).

i'm looking for cheap accommodation for us all, budget hotel, b&b etc...the cheaper the better.

then i'm looking for recommendations for some must see sights, pubs, clubs etc i know we are going midweek but there might be one club with funky opening hours maybe?

also is there anywhere we should just plain avoid at all costs?

we're after a nice wee rest with a bit of banter with the locals if possible.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

www.hostelworld.com for accomodation.

try the fransican well pub,it is nice they brew there own beer and have a beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've heard Bru on McCurtain Street is as cheap as they come for accomodation. For sights to see google some previous threads. In terms of night life - the godawful Reardens complex is about your only bet if you want a busy dance floor midweek. That or the Qube. I think it's salsa night Tuesday and gay night on Wednesday. If you want somewhere more relaxed the Crane Lane is probably your best bet. There's probably a gig or two on around the city too, depending on what type of music you're into.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Check out both of these websites
    http://www.whazon.com/cork/index.php
    http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/eventguide/
    Are you sure you want a nice wee rest?

Advertisement