Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most elaborate election poster?

Options
  • 19-05-2007 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

I nominate Felix Galagher in Dublin West.....

normal_P1010354.JPG

App. half his posters seem to have this mini-tricolour tacked on. I suppose they have to spend all that cash on something.

Higher resolution pic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

of course only SF with all that robbed money can afford flags.

Honestly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

wow, mountview looks better in that pic than real life ;)

Didn't notice those tricolours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Jon wrote:
    of course only SF with all that robbed money can afford flags.

Honestly. :rolleyes:
    Relax jon, this is a lighthearted thread. Mountview actually looks great in the summer, it's a really nice avenue along there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I hope he knows that flag protocol dictates that the nations flag when flown must be taken down at sunset. Fergal Quinn does so with his shops! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I think Joe Costello wins. He lined the Navan Road with a corridor of red flags in the top of every traffic sign. He also has two giant posters with his name on them right at the Maple shopping centre junction, very eye catching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JonnyXXX

heres one "decorative" one I have just spotted in Dundrum....God Help poor Seamus!

athtrasna wrote:
    I think Joe Costello wins. He lined the Navan Road with a corridor of red flags in the top of every traffic sign. He also has two giant posters with his name on them right at the Maple shopping centre junction, very eye catching.

Nothing like a bit of commie 70's style nostalgia from Joe there :D

You'd think you were in Cork before an All-Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

SF's Larry O'Toole has full size tricolours flying over his posters in Dublin NE.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

athtrasna wrote:

The red flags catch your attention but hard to know who they publicising unless Vladimir Lenin has risen from his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DMC wrote:
    I hope he knows that flag protocol dictates that the nations flag when flown must be taken down at sunset. Fergal Quinn does so with his shops! :D
    They're not his shops anymore.
    And I don't know if they still do it, at least not all of them anymore.

• Advertisement

Aye, it was sold on. Still flys at Blanchardstown any road.

Advertisement