Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking 2nd hand redhead light

• 19-05-2007 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi there,
    I am looking to buy a second hand or relatively cheap new redhead light (doesn't have to be arri) - for an upcoming classes I'm teaching over the summer. I already have a kit and am just looking for an additional light with a stand. Have seen some on Ebay but they're in Hong kong and am not too sure about reliability. Seems to cost around 400euro in DNP in Terenure i think. if anyone knows of any good lighting places (any kind of 800-1000w light would do once it has a stand and barn doors). Also - does anyone know where would service redheads? cine electric don't.
    any info appreciated or suggestions of websites to check. Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

If you just need it for the summer classes, I have a set of 4 redheads, and I only use 2 regularly. You could borrow one or two for the summer for free. PM me if you want. It's no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Hi.

If you want to buy a second hand Red Head (800w) Then try the link below. He's a small outfit that does mainly local stage shows. But I have hired redheads and blondes from him for years and he never let me down. He'll service the light for you aswell. Really knows his stuff.

He's flogging off a redhead with stand and barn doors for 200euro. Make him an offer. I'd say I used this lamp many times and they're great old things. Hope this helps.

http://www.playlightireland.com/Secondhand.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ruthy23

Thanks for all of that. Have managed to locate one from a mate who won't be using it. We rang that lighting place and the redhead was sold but it seems like a good spot to pick up bargains so we'll probably try them again for other stuff. Cheers again! :)

Advertisement