Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last straw

Options
  • 19-05-2007 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I simply can't believe there's nowhere you can get a meal (or even a sandwich) after 6.30 on a saturday during exam time ANYWHERE on campus.

Thats it. No way in hell I'm doing any postgraduate program in Belfield. This place is being run into the ground.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The centra up by (what ever student residence is by the fosters avenue exit) is probably your best bet. Poor but if you're stuck....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

Yeah think Centra's open til 10.

You're right though, it's pretty disgraceful.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

There isn't much there after lunchtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

that centra do good rolls/sandwiches for good value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Garret wrote:
    that centra do good rolls/sandwiches for good value

You wont get much in centra on the weekends after 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

In fairness, why would you want to risk eating on campus on the weekend?
    Stale fare from the week past at best. If you're sitting exams, you'd be well advised to steer clear unless you want to sit the rest in the hospital. Try Centra, or Spar beside Roebuck (it has a Supermacs in it if you need a burger and pretty decent sandwiches) or if you want a proper meal, just go to the mosque.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

yes centra in many places do good rolls, 911 is seriously dodgy roll wise, got one there after studying the other day twas nasteh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

the mosque you say... is it middle eastern food? I actually live quite close and have never been.

I'm curious about that too! I would assume the mosque has more to do with Islam than the Middle East though.

I know they have a shop inside where you can buy all sorts of food, but didnt realise they had a restaurant. Interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

yeah, the restaurant is top notch. Fantastic curries, schwarmas, jalfrezi, etc for about 7 euro including a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Schwarmas, aw wow, i love those! i used to live in Syria and havent had a decent schwarma since i have returned! got one when i was in toronto for the summer but not the same, will have to give that place a shot.

Is it for everyone or would you be expected to be there to use the mosque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

mloc wrote:
    I simply can't believe there's nowhere you can get a meal (or even a sandwich) after 6.30 on a saturday during exam time ANYWHERE on campus.

Thats it. No way in hell I'm doing any postgraduate program in Belfield. This place is being run into the ground.

Go to supermacs on fosters avenue,its not that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

humbert wrote:
    Is it for everyone or would you be expected to be there to use the mosque?
    Open to all. Used to head up there for a change of scene back when i was on campus. Not bad food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

OR the kind people living on campus could offer to cook for us... *cough* and Dajaffa makes a mean meal... and lives close by!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

restaurant is decent and very reasonable. went there during study last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

aw do your mammys not make you a packed lunches? hate that!! :p

no your right,its ridiculous,whats the real point in the library being open until 12 am if you get hungry and everywheres closed.i can only study on a nice full stomach...oh no wait i cant even study then :(

Sangre wrote:
    restaurant is decent and very reasonable. went there during study last year.
    We are thinking about the same restaurant here ya? Problem is it ain't anywhere near open at the weekend during exams, the time when most people would want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Where's the mosque?

• Advertisement

Clonskeagh. If you go out the Clonskeagh gate, turn left and walk towards the centra/offie, follow that road around and you'll come to it. There's a big sign advertising their meals outside it, and well its a mosque. You can't miss it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

gubbie wrote:
    We are thinking about the same restaurant here ya? Problem is it ain't anywhere near open at the weekend during exams, the time when most people would want it
    i actually meant the mosque restaurant.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've heard good things about the mosque's restaurant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

anyone know what time the su shop stays open til on weekdays??? looks like i'll be stuck here for a while.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

you could always ring a chinese have them deliver it to the library building. go eat it in the SU common area beside 911. can't hurt.

or dominoes.

think outside the box.

and if you're worried about the price remind yourself, ur in studying for exams on a saturday evening, u deserve a pizza

Advertisement