Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb bittorrent related question

Options
  • 19-05-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello! I'm trying to set up my friend's computer here to download these bittorrent things that are so popular at the moment.

She's got a Digiweb Metro wireless internet connection (yeah I know, probably a bad move already). Now normally I'm a dab hand at this interweb stuff. Currently the problem is that the torrents stick at around 1k/bytes a sec download, with the little yellow face dude coming up. If I got this on a normal connection I'd just go into the router and set up port forwarding to whatever port Azureus is using.

However in this case the laptop isn't connected to a router, it's going into a "Thomson THG520 cable modem" which seems to be acting as a bridge, ie: her PC is getting a public IP address itself. On all other bridged connections I've seen (BT, Eircom) stuff like bittorrent should work straight off. However here it looks like something else is blocking full access, does Digiweb cap peer to peer connections at their end or something suitably crazy? I've had a look around boards.ie myself and found one other post suggesting they do, but can anybody confirm or deny? (perhaps I've just overlooked something simple)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

They don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Are you using the DHT network option?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The modem is just a modem. Doesn't even need to bridge. No routing or firewall.

Digiweb block nothing and only throttle everything if you go over cap
    http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie

It's a rolling 30day, not monthly calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm on their Metro Plus package in my office and I get torrent speeds of over 400kbps depending on the torrent.

Advertisement