Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!! retention bracket missing

Options
  • 19-05-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can a retention bracket for a socket 939 mobo?
    i bought a pc off a guy on boards and it has been a nightmare so far because everything in the pc needed to be fully removed and cleaned becausde of the excessive and i mean excessive amount of dust and now i find theres no retention bracket around the cpu so i can't mount a socket 939 cooler. he had the akasa 120 cooler mounted on it using a backplate..any help much appreciated..

steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have one here spare.
    Feel free to collect if you are in a hurry..otherwise I can throw it in an envelope on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

wow thats great ....hey if you could post it that'd be great
    i'll send you a tenner online for the postage and the bracket?
    i pm you my address..thanks man

I'll post it tomorrow morning...and there is no charge..it's only been sitting in a box of bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

you sir are a gentleman

guys hopeful is a lovely chap he posted the retention bracket and refused to take any money...
    thats why boards is still great

thanks again

steve

My wife is always pleased to see the back of some of my bits..even the small stuff :D

Always glad to help out here...it's what this community is all about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you have anything else there that the missus would like you to get rid of like.... oh... Thta lian li case, or that watercooling kit. Ya know ill take them both to help you out :p

'Fraid money will have to change hands for the WC gear :p

I did find a NB waterblock I'll throw in for free though...I'm just such a nice person :D

Good man yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

or just such a rich person? :)

His dog(horse) will consume you in one sitting. Ive never seen a rot that big....

• Advertisement

or just such a rich person? :)

I am indeed rich in many ways...money, however, is not one of them :D

Advertisement