Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Alloys

Options
  • 19-05-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I asked about alloys when I dropped my 320 (E46) into one of the main BMW garages in Dublin for a service the other day (won't say which one).

I was given the BMW alloy catalogue, picked out a nice set of radials, and the guy behind the counter said "excellent choice sir, a full set will cost €4,200".

I think not.

Even the five-spoke star alloys came in around €2000.

Is there anywhere anyone could recommend to get alloys that either are, or just resemble, BMW alloys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Would you not try bbs alloys on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Or you could try www.fabdirect.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Get BMW replica alloys.

I would suggest up north becuase there is more choice and they are cheaper.

Get the latest edition of AutoTrader and have a look on the motor accesories plages - you will definitely see adds there for places tht sell BMW, Audi, Merc Replica wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I have an e46 320 also, and I got MV2 replicas with tyres for €1,000 all in. I have a pic somewhere if you aren't familiar with the type.

They are a good bit softer than OEM ones, so are a lot more prone to kerb rash though.

FABDirect is a good call also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
Advertisement