Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Level II+ Missions

• 19-05-2007 8:54pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I must be doing something really stupid but how do you get to the Lvl 2 missions and above? I've been doing loads of Lvl 1 missions that pay 50k but I'm bored of that now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Well if you have been using the same agent for your lvl 1 missions, or the same npc corporation, you're standings with that corp should be high enough for you to access their level 2 agents. One way to find other agents is to open the in game map and set the filter to My Agents (Star Map tab> Color Stars By > My Information> My Agents).
    This will show you systems where you have agents available to you. Look through the relevant systems by hovering the mouse over them and find an agent with L:2 by their name. It will also show a quality rating, the higher the better.

If there is a level 2 agent you have in mind you can check how far you are off from using this agent. Right click their name and click Show Info. Go to "Agent Info" tab and scroll down to the bottom. In the "Compatability" section it will tell you how much standing you need to use the agent. Now click on the corporations logo at the top of the agent's character screen. Go to Standings tab and scroll to "Their View" section. This will tell you the corporation's current standing with you. You can work out how much you need from this. If there is nothing in Their View then you have no standing. To view all of your standings in relation to agent corps go to Standings in your character sheet.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lol I grinded L1's for aaaages till this was pointed out to me. Was well annoyed when I finally got it :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This is still wrecking my head. I have standings of 5.6 with a couple of Caldari Navy agents and I still can't get to the L2 agents. Having fun with my rails though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Click on the L1 agents corporation, you will get a info box and one of the tabs is agents, you can see what level and where the available agents are. Note that it will also show the logistics agents. Keep away from them as they are 90% courier missions.
    The fastest way to get to lvl2 agents is to train up your connections skill .... its gives 0.4 standings per level. There are several other skills that increase payouts from missions etc so train them as well, well worth it.

I believe that the missions have been beefed up and so a destroyer may no longer be able to solo L2 missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The fastest way to get to lvl2 agents is to train up your connections skill .... its gives 0.4 standings per level.

Yes, train social 3 and Connections 3 and skip L1s altogether - only takes 24 hours training which beats the crap out of running L1s for .02 standing increase a time.
    This is still wrecking my head. I have standings of 5.6 with a couple of Caldari Navy agents and I still can't get to the L2 agents. Having fun with my rails though

What Big/Madzy said - always check out the agents available for the corp your running missions for and keep an eye on the standing you need to use the next best agent in level/quality thats in the area. L2 agents dont come to you, you have got to go to them.

Best way to find agents you want is to use an out of game website like....eve-agents.com

Agents you want for kill missions are command, internal security, intelligence etc etc. In terms of offers it doesnt matter what agent/corp you run missions for but faction affects the ships you get offered.

BTW - dont confuse standings with agents with standings with an agents corp. Agents usually tend to love you more than their corp does, but its the corp standings that matters. Check the Corp info, standings tab to see what your actual standings are. Faction standings are harder to raise, but count for all corps that are part of that faction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup, trained up Social and Connections and I'm doing a L2 mission at the moment. Thanks guys

Advertisement