Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gandalf - Politics mod

Options
  • 19-05-2007 9:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive been banned from General Election forum for calling the Green Party 'imbeciles' for which I appoligised through PM to Gandalf and said I would tone down my language yet he does not even have the decency to acknowledge that and PM me back. He was complaining about a thread I personally was supposed to have started but that I did not start which I also explained to him through PM. No response. Is this the way moderators are suppose to operate on boards? You can appoligise and say it wont happen again yet not get the benefit of the doubt and just for the hell of it be banned for the very week you want to contribute. As I tried to explain to Gandalf alot of worse things have been said about the PD's and Fianna Fail yet they were not banned and I was singled out. I wonder why Gandalf will not allow me post despite the fact ive assured him I will not use that type of language in future. I also put it to him that I was not insulting any poster but the Green Party itself. I find it very disingenuos and disappointing that for no reason he wont give me my privilages back. :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

When did you PM her?

Mods have lives outside of the internet ya know. :) We're not all on 24/7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

'her' - ooooops thought it was that guy from Lord of the Rings :o

I PM'ed her earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

So are you complaining about the ban, that he hasn't responded to a PM he only received today, or that he's not removing the ban simply because you sent him a PM? Or all three?

Ibid wrote:
    So are you complaining about the ban, that he hasn't responded to a PM he only received today, or that he's not removing the ban simply because you sent him a PM? Or all three?

Im complaining because ive appoligised, explained about the thread and said it would not happen again by PM and have had no response. She PM'ed me once to say effectively 'tough'......I would not mind but this is an important week........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Well personally I thought your ban from the politics forum was overdue as you were effectively just trolling.

You started off one thread saying Trevor Sargent's head was too big and full of hot air and on another thread which you started your argument was that the only reason the PDs get any criticism is solely due to Irish begrudgery.

Now those types of arguments might have a place in After Hours or perhaps the Conspiracy Theories forum but probably not in the Politics forum where you're expected to operate with full possession of your faculties.

Common sense would dictate that the politics and General Election forum would attract it's fair share of shills coming up to a closely contested election but it's still fair to say that those shills would at least attempt to hide themselves a bit better or at least try to put up arguments that are not totally moronic.
    Your ban was fully deserved and I'm only surprised that it didn't come sooner.

• Advertisement

DeepBlue wrote:
    Well personally I thought your ban from the politics forum was overdue as you were effectively just trolling.

You started off one thread saying Trevor Sargent's head was too big and full of hot air and on another thread which you started your argument was that the only reason the PDs get any criticism is solely due to Irish begrudgery.

Now those types of arguments might have a place in After Hours or perhaps the Conspiracy Theories forum but probably not in the Politics forum where you're expected to operate with full possession of your faculties.

Common sense would dictate that the politics and General Election forum would attract it's fair share of shills coming up to a closely contested election but it's still fair to say that those shills would at least attempt to hide themselves a bit better or at least try to put up arguments that are not totally moronic.
    Your ban was fully deserved and I'm only surprised that it didn't come sooner.

First of all - what exactly is wrong with saying hatred for a particular party is down to begrudgery - what is wrong with that?

I think your the one trolling tbh.

Read my earlier post - I did not start the thread about the Green party.

FYI I dont troll. How long have I been posting on boards? Get real. You have posted 98 times. Ive posted since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Id like to point out that Gandalf is a guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Willstev wrote:
    Id like to point out that Gandalf is a guy :D
    Since when?

darkman2 wrote:
    Read my earlier post - I did not start the thread about the Green party.
    Eh...? Click the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055094433 then look at the name of the first poster :rolleyes: .
    darkman2 wrote:
    You have posted 98 times. Ive posted since 2005.
    And a higher postcount means you are right? That's about as logical as most of your arguments on the politics forum ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You started the thread off saying you didn't trust the Green Party because Trevor Sargent had a big head? I can quote the thread. I only spotted the thread because someone reported your Green Party = imbeciles comment. On politics we expect a certain level of quality in posts, especially in the starting post yours failed to reach the level and thus you were banned. Stick to afterhours theres a politics thread in there thats just about your level.

When I put this to you after two previous pms from you, you then stated your brother posted the original thread.

You are banned because your thread was crud and the ban will stand.

I'm waiting for the "dog ate my homework" excuse next.

For the record I am a bloke.

• Advertisement

DeepBlue wrote:
    Eh...? Click the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055094433 then look at the name of the first poster :rolleyes: .

And a higher postcount means you are right? That's about as logical as most of your arguments on the politics forum ;) .

Yes indeed look at the name of the first poster. However ive explained to Gandalf how that happened and I am sure as hell not going to answer to you.

Do trolls usually spend 2 years and 2000 posts on a forum do you think? Ive a genuine interest in where I post. It does not bother me if that inconvieniences you.

Well it is the weekend so maybe a she is possible :D

gandalf wrote:
    You started the thread off saying you didn't trust the Green Party because Trevor Sargent had a big head? I can quote the thread. I only spotted the thread because someone reported your Green Party = imbeciles comment. On politics we expect a certain level of quality in posts, especially in the starting post yours failed to reach the level and thus you were banned. Stick to afterhours theres a politics thread in there thats just about your level.

When I put this to you after two previous pms from you, you then stated your brother posted the original thread.

I'm waiting for the "dog ate my homework" excuse next.

I find your attitude unacceptable trying to back me into a corner. Please post my PM I sent you which you failed to reply to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You posted crap. There are plenty of warnings.
    Here's one:
    Please post sensible posts and not utter crap.

Moderators here may well delete crap on sight and/or ban as necessary.

You got a temp. ban. Deal with it.
    PM'ing shouldn't change a damn thing where the ban is concerned - what makes you different to everyone else?

Like Tar.A?

Theres a reason I didn't reply. You are banned and there is no reprieve. If you cannot control who has access to your account that is your problem.

All you had to do was ask one of us to delete it, instead you continued to post in "your brothers" thread.

Calm your self , this is the internet FFS , get a grip , its a small ban as Karoma says deal with it.

darkman2 wrote:
    Ive a genuine interest in where I post. It does not bother me if that inconvieniences you.
    I think you'll find I'm not inconvenienced in the slightest because:
    gandalf wrote:
    :D

Karoma wrote:
    You posted crap. There are plenty of warnings.
    Here's one:

You got a temp. ban. Deal with it.
    PM'ing shouldn't change a damn thing where the ban is concerned - what makes you different to everyone else?

Like Tar.A?

No. The ban is unfair and mods are not meant to go around acting like Hitlers all over the place. More then likely the ban is politically motivated. What about the PD's = Nazi threads and posts or the Fianna - facist threads and posts.

Its not just unfair for that - its also the fact I took the time to appoligise and explain it wont happen again and this mod ignorantly does not even acknowledge that. Im well aware a groupy mentality may exist among the mods but this is where they are suppose to be held to account, is it not?

gandalf wrote:
    Theres a reason I didn't reply. You are banned and there is no reprieve. If you cannot control who has access to your account that is your problem.

All you had to do was ask one of us to delete it, instead you continued to post in "your brothers" thread.

Your an absolute disgrace. Trying to undermine me. Once again post the PM I sent you. What exactly did I say about telling a mod to delete it? Tell all.:mad:

DeepBlue wrote:
    I think you'll find I'm not inconvenienced in the slightest because:

:D

So I take it this guy is going to be banned now for antagonising another poster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

darkman2 wrote:
    So I take it this guy is going to be banned now for antagonising another poster?
    Very, very few people get banned from Feedback. It usually takes some pretty exceptional circumstances.

Ban extended to two weeks and as it was a sub-forum of Politics now covers the main Politics forum as well.

gandalf wrote:
    Ban extended to two weeks and as it was a sub-forum of Politics now covers the main Politics forum as well.

I would like to point out to you that your the one making this personal. Not me. So post the PM I sent you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

gandalf wrote:
    You're really asking for it unless you say what the extension is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

darkman2 wrote:
    No. The ban is unfair and mods are not meant to go around acting like Hitlers all over the place. More then likely the ban is politically motivated. What about the PD's = Nazi threads and posts or the Fianna - facist threads and posts.

Its not just unfair for that - its also the fact I took the time to appoligise and explain it wont happen again and this mod ignorantly does not even acknowledge that. Im well aware a groupy mentality may exist among the mods but this is where they are suppose to be held to account, is it not?

Pointing out to a mod/Gandalf where they/he have double standards is a no no. I'd say your well and truely f**ked now.

darkman2 wrote:
    What about the PD's = Nazi threads and posts or the Fianna - facist threads and posts.
    Could you provide links? They sound like interesting threads/posts to read :D .

Pointing out to a mod/Gandalf where they/he have double standards is a no no. I'd say your well and truely f**ked now.

I dont care - I wont be bullied over an internet forum:mad:

You have no problem bitching and moaning over an internet forum though.

No reasonable person could possibly say that I am 'moaning' here.....the situation speaks for itself.

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    No reasonable person could possibly say that I am 'moaning' here.....the situation speaks for itself.
    I'd blame old fashioned Irish begrudgery myself. There can be no other reason. Fact ;).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement