Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gandalf - Politics mod

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And I won't have a user place demands on me when they are clearly been disruptive, posting against the charter of the forum and being confrontational.

As regards all these posts where names were called did you once report one. Given your number of posts and the fact you have been on these forums for a year and a half I am sure you know where it is. This is the button just so you know report.gif.

Funny I don't remember seeing any reports from you. I did however see a report on your posts and dealt with it.

Now you claim your brother posted it, I will be straight with you I do not believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

darkman2 wrote:
    I dont care - I wont be bullied over an internet forum:mad:

I'm sure you won't.

But it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The ban is unfair...
    How so? You posted crap.
    ... and mods are not meant to go around acting like Hitlers...
    Why didn't I get the memo?

More then likely the ban is politically motivated.
    You still have access to Conspiracy Theories, right? You know what you must do...

Its not just unfair for that - its also the fact I took the time to appoligise and explain it wont happen again and this mod ignorantly does not even acknowledge that.
    You expect a mod. to sit in front of their computer, with boards.ie open 24*7 and to reply to you as soon as you PM them apologising for being an idiot and for them to wave the rules and say "Alright. Go on back in."? If you gave it more time, you may have got a reply. Who knows? But at any rate, it's unlikely that it would have meant the ban was lifted straight away.
    Im well aware a groupy mentality may exist among the mods but this is where they are suppose to be held to account, is it not?
    Could you please, just once in this thread, stop typing with your ass?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

gandalf wrote:
    And I won't have a user place demands on me when they are clearly been disruptive, posting against the charter of the forum and being confrontational.

As regards all these posts where names were called did you once report one. Given your number of posts and the fact you have been on these forums for a year and a half I am sure you know where it is. This is the button just so you know report.gif.

Funny I don't remember seeing any reports from you. I did however see a report on your posts and dealt with it.

Now you claim your brother posted it, I will be straight with you I do not believe you.

How in Gods name am I suppose to prove that? I will change my password. There is no way you are being reasonable after me appoligising and saying it wont happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

darkman2 wrote:
    No. The ban is unfair and mods are not meant to go around acting like Hitlers all over the place. More then likely the ban is politically motivated. What about the PD's = Nazi threads and posts or the Fianna - facist threads and posts.

Its not just unfair for that - its also the fact I took the time to appoligise and explain it wont happen again and this mod ignorantly does not even acknowledge that. Im well aware a groupy mentality may exist among the mods but this is where they are suppose to be held to account, is it not?

If you have a problem with another thread you report it.

If the ban is unfair why did you "apologise and explain it won't happen again"? Surely by apologising like you did you acknowledged that you were out of line and had broken the rules?

Break the rules, get a ban. For someone who's been here since 2005, as you pointed out, you really should know better.

Take your ban and stop digging a hole for yourself tbh.

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    How so? You posted crap.

You expect a mod. to sit in front of their computer, with boards.ie open 24*7 QUOTE]

No but he was on and I know he was on because he was replying to threads in the politics forum intermittedly after I sent the PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ibid wrote:
    You're really asking for it unless you say what the extension is for.

How about abuse resulting directly from a ban.

What abuse? Give me one instance where ive abused ANYONE here?

darkman2 wrote:
    What abuse?

I missed it too? :confused:

Clarification will be forthcoming, no diggity no doubt.

this mod ignorantly
    Your an absolute disgrace

Call Gandalf an ignorant disgrace.

• Advertisement

I missed it too? :confused:

Clarification will be forthcoming, no diggity no doubt.

Ah Merc, Rage against that system boyo.

Boston wrote:

You make of it what you want but that is not abuse.

Come to think of it - yeah maybe Gandalf odd to explain why my ban was extended.

There is no reason for that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Darkman2 you have a brother that used your account?

Would this be the same darkman2(brother) that try to tell me off too on the weather forum [thread=2055083622]here[/thread] or darkman2 (the original) which is you.Confusion here

If so then i see a problem with your account,wouldn you agree?

Well bar to fact you've stated again and again you did nothing wrong, thus demonstrating the original ban was not serve enough to make you realise the errors of your ways.

OK You want PM's well here they are.

Your 1st reply to me.
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:
    darkman2 you're banned from the General Election forum for posting this kind of crap.
    Im not. Green Party = imbeciles.

IMHO you are nothing more that a pathetic troll, if you want to amend your ways pm me in a week and you will be readmitted.

cc'ed to other Politics mods.

Hold on for a second - Ive put up with the PD's being called all sorts of things and Fianna Fail too. FYI I was not talking about any posters but the GP itself.

Care to explain on what basis im banned for a week? Of course not, I dont expect much more from you considering your undoubtedly showing political bias at the moment with this.:mad: :mad:

Now no mention of the fact the thread was originally started by your brother at all and no request to me to delete the thread. Now I know if it was my account and I realised that someone else had started a thread in my name I would have requested at the earliest stage to get it deleted.

Your 2nd Reply
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:
    No bias at all you posted drivel and have been pulled up on it. Politics is not After Hours and we enforce that standard there.

If you don't like it you can go and post a complaint in Feedback.
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:
    darkman2 you're banned from the General Election forum for posting this kind of crap.

IMHO you are nothing more that a pathetic troll, if you want to amend your ways pm me in a week and you will be readmitted.

Hold on for a second - Ive put up with the PD's being called all sorts of things and Fianna Fail too. FYI I was not talking about any posters but the GP itself.

Care to explain on what basis im banned for a week? Of course not, I dont expect much more from you considering your undoubtedly showing political bias at the moment with this.:mad: :mad:

Id much prefer to kindly ask you to give back my privilages. Ive been posting on boards for a long time and no-one has ever accused me of being a troll.:mad: Ive had people calling the PD's Nazi's and Fianna Fail far worse then me calling the GP (note the party itself not any poster here) 'imbeciles'......if it makes you feel better I wont be so forthright in future and will be more 'economical' and tasteful with my language.

Again no mention of the fact your brother started the original thread and you asked for it to be deleted. Just more crap about how you are being oppressed.

Reply No 3
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:
    OK lets see how you started that thread off.
    Anyone notice Trevor Sargent's head? That its abnormally large? On the debate on Wednesday his head took up half the screen...........pity its filled with hot air. Seriously though he does have a really big head.

Anyway the Greens would destroy this country. For those voting Fine Gael - your actually voting Green too but you dont realise it yet. You will because Trevor will have environment portfolio............not good. He will oppose every road development and insisit we all hop on busses or trains.

Now something like that may be acceptable in After Hours but not in Politics and I did make a mistake in not making that clear to you when you were originally banned.

It has been discussed amoung the politics mods and there will be a clamp down on threads begun as this one has in an idiotic fashion.

You will not be getting your posting rights back until next week.
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:
    No bias at all you posted drivel and have been pulled up on it. Politics is not After Hours and we enforce that standard there.

If you don't like it you can go and post a complaint in Feedback.
    darkman2 wrote:
    gandalf wrote:

Id much prefer to kindly ask you to give back my privilages. Ive been posting on boards for a long time and no-one has ever accused me of being a troll.:mad: Ive had people calling the PD's Nazi's and Fianna Fail far worse then me calling the GP (note the party itself not any poster here) 'imbeciles'......if it makes you feel better I wont be so forthright in future and will be more 'economical' and tasteful with my language.

FYI I did not even start that thread:mad: :mad: - It was started by by my little brother acting like a muppet. In fact I asked a mod to delete it:mad: I can understand the 'imbeciles' remark was wrong and I appoligise for that and said I would not use that type of language again. I think thats a reasonable way of saying - 'Fair enough - lesson learned'. I am very interested in the election and want to be able to post in the run up to it.

Oh now the little brother card is played. I think you see why I think you are talking crap.

I didn't bother replying because you are wasting my time and tbh you are still wasting my time.

Snowbie wrote:
    Darkman2 you have a brother that used your account?

Would this be the same darkman2(brother) that try to tell me off too on the weather forum [thread=2055083622]here[/thread] or darkman2 (the original) which is you.Confusion here

If so then i see a problem with your account,wouldn you agree?

Yes I did not actually start that thread. Only the last post was mine. I was away that week. Im changing the password today. Sorry about that:o

Boston wrote:

No he/she didn't.

Stop trying to be clever. It is beyond your abilities. You couldn't even get "called" right.

gandalf wrote:
    OK You want PM's well here they are.

Your 1st reply to me.

Now no mention of the fact the thread was originally started by your brother at all and no request to me to delete the thread. Now I know if it was my account and I realised that someone else had started a thread in my name I would have requested at the earliest stage to get it deleted.

Your 2nd Reply

Again no mention of the fact your brother started the original thread and you asked for it to be deleted. Just more crap about how you are being oppressed.

Reply No 3

Oh now the little brother card is played. I think you see why I think you are talking crap.

I didn't bother replying because you are wasting my time and tbh you are still wasting my time.

Dont try to twist things. Your complaint was not about the starting of the thread but the 'Green Party=imbeciles' remark. You brought that up yourself.

No he/she didn't.

Stop trying to be clever. It is beyond your abilities. You couldn't even get "called" right.

In all the years on boards you've never been able to troll me Mercy, why try to start now?

Boston wrote:
    In all the years on boards you've never been able to troll me Mercy, why try to start now?

TBH you guys are the ones antagonising other posters.

• Advertisement

Its about the quality of posts from the Darkman2 account and they warrant a ban.

Its your fault if as you claim your brother posted the threads that you have been banned. The "Green Party=imbeciles" remark was the final straw but based n whoever posted the early posts the decision was made.

Again if it was me and someone else posted a thread in my name I would have asked for it to be deleted and not posted in it myself. And if I got banned from that thread it would have been the first thing I brought up and not in the third communication I had with the moderator

Boston wrote:

:confused:
    So your input in this thread was terrrible?? What are you on about? :confused:

darkman2 wrote:
    TBH you guys are the ones antagonising other posters.

What's the equivalent of a slow hand clap on the internet? Imagine I'm doing that right now.

gandalf wrote:
    Its about the quality of posts from the Darkman2 account and they warrant a ban.

Its your fault if as you claim your brother posted the threads that you have been banned. The "Green Party=imbeciles" remark was the final straw but based n whoever posted the early posts the decision was made.

Again if it was me and someone else posted a thread in my name I would have asked for it to be deleted and not posted in it myself. And if I got banned from that thread it would have been the first thing I brought up and not in the third communication I had with the moderator

I DID ASK FOR IT TO BE DELETED!!!!!! I forget which mod it was though:confused:

BTW I would like you to please point out why my ban was extended for legitimately taking my complaint here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

darkman2 wrote:
    just for the hell of it be banned for the very week you want to contribute.
    It's sort of a bad week for anyone interested in politics to use the word "imbecile" on Politics or be trolly.
    darkman2 wrote:
    I DID ASK FOR IT TO BE DELETED!!!!!! I forget which mod it was though:confused:
    I can be eliminated from the list of possibles there as well.

Actually - you know what - Gandalf can be discredited right now by letting us all know why he decided to extend my ban.

Sceptre - I was not trolling at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

darkman2 wrote:
    Yes I did not actually start that thread. Only the last post was mine. I was away that week. Im changing the password today. Sorry about that:o
    Hold on a minute,i dont buy that.As far as im concerned your PM's to gandalf are identical to the tone in which you have frequently posted on the weather forum in [thread=2055083622]this thread[/thread] you created.
    The same tone was used when Karoma banned you from AH too.

It think your telling porkies here darkman about the bro

Snowbie wrote:
    Hold on a minute,i dont buy that.As far as im concerned your PM's to gandalf are identical to the tone in which you have frequently posted on the weather forum in [thread=2055083622]this thread[/thread] you created.
    The same tone was used when Karoma banned you from AH too.

What tone? I did not start that thread. I can tell you something about me - no matter how forthright my veiws are on certain things I am an honest person.

• Advertisement

I want to remain with a certain aspect of this thread I find very interesting:

Gandalf why did you extend my ban?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement