Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gandalf - Politics mod

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 iMrk

darkman2 wrote:
    Actually - you know what - Gandalf can be discredited right now by letting us all know why he decided to extend my ban.

Sceptre - I was not trolling at all.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

darkman2 wrote:
    Gandalf why did you extend my ban?
    I imagine he's gone offline for the night so can I guess?

It might have something to do with the time where you said he was an absolute disgrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Ibid wrote:
    I imagine he's gone offline for the night so can I guess?

It might have something to do with the time where you said he was an absolute disgrace.

:D Seriously is that a joke? Thats the reason for extending the ban? If you look back over my posts and his posts and the distortion he was making of those post to suit himself you would see that calling him an absolute disgrace is the most tame excuse imaginable. This is where mods are to be held accountable? We can not do that if a ban is put up when we do. There is no excuse for extending my ban. None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I too would like to know why the ban was extended ?

Do we have to be careful of posting in feedback in case the mod we give out about extends a ban ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

darkman2 wrote:
    More then likely the ban is politically motivated.
    You were banned by members of the PD's or FF who are embarrassed by your posts?
    darkman2 wrote:
    I was not trolling at all.
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

darkman2 wrote:
    This is where mods are to be held accountable? We can not do that if a ban is put up when we do. There is no excuse for extending my ban. None whatsoever.
    Held accountable? What the f*ck are you on about? Are you going to sprout some sh|te about freedom of speech next? They can and will extend your ban if you're acting like a prat. It really is that simple.

the_syco wrote:
    Held accountable? What the f*ck are you on about? Are you going to sprout some sh|te about freedom of speech next? They can and will extend your ban if you're acting like a prat. It really is that simple.

Its you that is acting 'like a prat'. What is this forum for otherwise? Tell me.

Once again why did Gandalf extend the ban..........and all you other posters have the decency and self respect to not suck up to a mod. This forum is to question their decisions - it will backfire on you if you undermine that.

clown bag wrote:
    You were banned by members of the PD's or FF who are embarrassed by your posts?
    lol

The first part of your name is not ironic at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

darkman2 wrote:
    Once again why did Gandalf extend the ban..........and all you other posters have the decency and self respect to not suck up to a mod. This forum is to question their decisions - it will backfire on you if you undermine that.

Dear lord.

The only person who can answer your question is Gandalf. Chances are that's not going to happen tonight so the best thing you can do is leave it until he comes back to answer you. Repeating yourself over and over again isn't going to make him log on and answer you any quicker. It will however undermine any argument you think you might have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

darkman2 wrote:
    The first part of your name is not ironic at all.

Sam-Sad-ClownLG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

darkman2 wrote:
    Yes I did not actually start that thread. Only the last post was mine. I was away that week. Im changing the password today. Sorry about that:o
    You where away that week you say.So does the little bro share the same deep interest in Politics and Weather just like you do.Post identical.
    Apparently you being away and with no internet capability?,the thread you started about me was the [thread=2055083622]here[/thread]25/4/07 and you started a thread in politics [thread=2055077645]here[/thread] which you posted right through your "away" peroid clearly indicates you had sole control of your account.

In that case i dont think a little bro is involved.I imagine you are the only one involved here,your banning from politics and your non-banning from weather.

If you still protest your inocence here,why didnt you PM me and let me know that your brother started that thread in weather and it wasnt you and all the other times the darkman2 account was used in your slanderish remarks.You pm'ed gandalf when you where banned but i never banned you and got no pm about a little brother in control of your account. So basically it was for your amusement on the weather forum to try rally support on there just like your tryin to do here.

You on your own have created all this, no-one else.
    Your ban is warranted and the length is lenient with your latter comments.

Snowbie wrote:
    You where away that week you say.So does the little bro share the same deep interest in Politics and Weather just like you do.Post identical.
    Apparently you being away and with no internet capability?,the thread you started about me was the [thread=2055083622]here[/thread]25/4/07 and you started a thread in politics [thread=2055077645]here[/thread] which you posted right through your "away" peroid clearly indicates you had sole control of your account.

In that case i dont think a little bro is involved.I imagine you are the only one involved here,your banning from politics and your non-banning from weather.

If you still protest your inocence here,why didnt you PM me and let me know that your brother started that thread in weather and it wasnt you and all the other times the darkman2 account was used in your slanderish remarks.You pm'ed gandalf when you where banned but i never banned you and got no pm about a little brother in control of your account. So basically it was for your amusement on the weather forum to try rally support on there just like your tryin to do here.

You on your own have created all this, no-one else.
    Your ban is warranted and the length is lenient with your latter comments.

Yeah that thread you posted was the 11th - I dont have to answer to anyone here and anyway what relevance is this thread to you? If you want to make this a tag team between you (btw just because my bro posted that thread does not mean I dont believe you should be moderating the weather forum and stop sucking up to other mods) and Gandalf then so be it but right now all I want to know is

Why did Gandalf extend my ban?

Actually I will accept Gandalf's origional ban but not the second i.e two weeks banned from politics section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hang on, Gandalfs a bloke? :eek:

Bugger.

darkman2 wrote:
    Yeah that thread you posted was the 11th - I dont have to answer to anyone here and anyway what relevance is this thread to you? If you want to make this a tag team between you (btw just because my bro posted that thread does not mean I dont believe you should be moderating the weather forum) and Gandalf then so be it but right now all I want to know is

Why did Gandalf extend my ban?
    That thread in politics was started the 11th but you posted when apparently you where away and continued posting up to the 26th in there.The thread on the weather forum was created the 25th when your meant to be away.Therfore you could have pm me and told me your bro started that and not you.
    It has all the relevance this thread to me as you stated to both gandalf and myself using the same excuse.
    darkman2 wrote:
    stop sucking up to other mods
    lol,I dont need any support from any other mods,its you that needs to do the sucking:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey darkman2,

I dont normaly respond to feedback threads. I read, but rarley reply. Sometimes its hard to make a call, but after reading this thread and seeing the evidence presented.. your quailty of posts in that forum were poor. Which, is against the charter. So... you actually did break a rule, and as a result got banned for it.

Fair enough if your brother took advantage - but it cant be proven that he did, and gandalf took action based on account, not person. He banned you for ignoring the charter. That is 100% fair. No doubt it my mind you breached the charter, and clearly others agree!

You never mentioned in your PMs about your bro (until to late). Thus, it looks even more like it was you and not your brother (maybe it was, maybe it wasnt. I wont debate that).

gandalf is a mod. He is to look after the forum assigned to, in his own time. Completely voluntary work. He saw a post, recognised it breached guidelines, and took action. Competely fair. Cant argue with it. So lets leave it at that.

However, I didnt understand gandalf's post about the extension.. so I cant say if it was justified or not. Probably be a good idea if we knew why it was extended. So, ill leave ya of on that issue :P

Cheers man, and just learn from the lesson. Dont bother trying to make comments like that (if you ever would consider it) and post mature quality posts where appropriate. :) Good luck!

Snowbie wrote:
    That thread in politics was started the 11th but you posted when apparently you where away and continued posting up to the 26th in there.The thread on the weather forum was created the 25th when your meant to be away.Therfore you could have pm me and told me your bro started that and not you.
    It has all the relevance this thread to me as you stated to both gandalf and myself using the same excuse.

Sorry you must be living on an alternate planet or something - Can you count? A week - which I mean 5 days not 7............even if it was 7 you still have your wires crossed. Why am I posting to you? Why are you here? Why do you think I have to explain my holidays ffs to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

darkman2 wrote:
    Sorry you must be living on an alternate planet or something - Can you count? A week - which I mean 5 days not 7............even if it was 7 you still have your wires crossed. Why am I posting to you? Why are you here? Why do you think I have to explain my holidays ffs to you?
    Why are you whining and ranting that others are replying in a public forum? You could have used Help Desk. Since this is as close to Judge Cloudie as we get, Snowbie's acting as a character witness for the prosecution.

Sully wrote:
    Hey darkman2,

I dont normaly respond to feedback threads. I read, but rarley reply. Sometimes its hard to make a call, but after reading this thread and seeing the evidence presented.. your quailty of posts in that forum were poor. Which, is against the charter. So... you actually did break a rule, and as a result got banned for it.

Fair enough if your brother took advantage - but it cant be proven that he did, and gandalf took action based on account, not person. He banned you for ignoring the charter. That is 100% fair. No doubt it my mind you breached the charter, and clearly others agree!

You never mentioned in your PMs about your bro (until to late). Thus, it looks even more like it was you and not your brother (maybe it was, maybe it wasnt. I wont debate that).

gandalf is a mod. He is to look after the forum assigned to, in his own time. Completely voluntary work. He saw a post, recognised it breached guidelines, and took action. Competely fair. Cant argue with it. So lets leave it at that.

However, I didnt understand gandalf's post about the extension.. so I cant say if it was justified or not. Probably be a good idea if we knew why it was extended. So, ill leave ya of on that issue :P

Cheers man, and just learn from the lesson. Dont bother trying to make comments like that (if you ever would consider it) and post mature quality posts where appropriate. :) Good luck!

Thank you for the first logical post:) Ive said I will take the ban but not the extension. Gandalf undermined himself with that because he has not provided a reason. I am entitled to take ths to feedback and obviously dont appreciate having a ban extended when I do.

darkman2 wrote:
    Thank you for the first logical post:)
    Well then the extension was worth it as you started a thread ranting about an unacceptable ban...it's now acceptable. Jolly good. Maybe there is no extension. Maybe it's a plot by Miss Gandalf.

Karoma wrote:
    Why are you whining and ranting in a public forum?

Sorry to burst your bubble but thats what feedback is for:)

• Advertisement

Karoma wrote:
    Well then the extension was worth it as you started a thread ranting about an unacceptable ban...it's now acceptable. Jolly good. Maybe there is no extension. Maybe it's a plot by Miss Gandalf.

The extension will be lifted because he put it on for no reason. That says more about him then it does about me.

darkman2 wrote:
    The extension will be lifted because he put it on for no reason. That says more about him then it does about me.
    Oh, I'm sure there was a reason. There's always a reason.
    You're pretty sure...so...OK.

"Here you can discuss our existing features, or make your suggestions for new ones!"
    *shrug* If you say Feedback is for ranting and whining about your bans, then so be it. I thought that was just how it was (mis)used to an annoying extent... OK. Don't misquote.

Karoma wrote:
    Oh, I'm sure there was a reason. There's always a reason.

Hold on - your a mod - tell me how that was justified.......

With your permission darkman can i post here too.
    Karoma wrote:
    Maybe it's a plot by Miss Gandalf
    Mrs isint,didn she get married recently

darkman2 wrote:

Not remember Karoma is a Mod,he banned you before too or was that your brother playin account swappers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

darkman2 wrote:
    You see the problem here is that mods don't actually have a collective consciousness. So we don't know what the reason is, nor if one exists (but I doubt gandalf would simply ban you for no reason.) There is no great conspiracy. One mod was demodded just last week for example.

You're going to have to wait until he comes back.

Snowbie wrote:
    darkman2 wrote:
    Not remember Karoma is a Mod,he banned you before too or was that your brother playin account swappers again.

I tell you what - you dont reply to my posts - I wont reply to yours - your able to cope with that are'nt you?

Was I too subtle?

Well, I didn't say that I agreed with it (Although, if you want to misquote that, go ahead.)

A ban removes one's ability to post and create threads in a particular forum. A ban is used to prevent disruptive elements for any number of reasons, that are often forum-specific. This is to allow others to continue discussion, and to help the banned learn. In Politics and related sub-fora, the reason can be that of 'lowering the tone' - which disrupts anything approaching real discussion and always ends up with silly name-calling and abuse. You were banned along these lines(If this is too subtle: YOU POSTED CRAP). i.e. Your ability to create a new thread or post was temporarily, and for a very short time at that, removed. Clearly, you have not learned and clearly evident from your contributions to most other fora, you will continue to post crap and be disruptive. A ban extension makes sense, but I dunno if I agree with it. I've found it tempting to do it.

Ibid wrote:
    You see the problem here is that mods don't actually have a collective consciousness. So we don't know what the reason is, nor if one exists (but I doubt gandalf would simply ban you for no reason.) There is no great conspiracy. One mod was demodded just last week for example.

You're going to have to wait until he comes back.

I dont think I have to wait till he comes back. Look at the posts prior to the extension. I did not PM him at all during this thread. There is no reason for the extension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

fianna fail/pd's are reffered to as wasters or tossers all the time and nothing is said. i dont see the difference between this and calling the greens imbeciles? do i sense a political motivation behind this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement