Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gandalf - Politics mod

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

oscarBravo wrote:
    Keep fighting that powah, tallaght01. Everyone needs something to validate themselves.

On topic: the ban was warranted. The extension was warranted, if only because (IMO) the extended length was warranted in the first place.

darkman2, you have a history of pointless and disruptive posting in the Politics boards. Our role as moderators is to try to keep the discussion constructive and interesting. Removing your access has contributed to that.

The ban stands.

Oh yeah, and Gandie is a hot chick. Phwoar.

Fair point about me. I will keep aspiring to make as valuable a contribution to society as you do. Prayer and the goodwill of strangers will keep me going ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You deserved to be banned, it was an insulting troll thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Maybe it was actually Gandalf's brother who issued the extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

tbh ...

tirelessrebutter.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

You know what I could not be bothered arguing any more. This thread is irrelavant now anyway. When the mods are blatantly wrong you can do f**k all about it. Whats the point of the 'feedback' thread - why actually make it look as though mature people moderate on boards? I know now thats not the case. So there is no point continuing this thread is there? If I talked to a brick wall id get more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

darkman2 wrote:
    When the mods are blatantly wrong you can do f**k all about it.

Any imbecile can see that you're the one in the wrong, and all you're doing is just making excuses, pointing fingers and accusing mods of every imaginary crime you can come up with in the hopes of getting unbanned.

Your above statement should read "When you act the tit, deal with the consequences, because no amount of bull****tery is going to bail you out."

Any imbecile can see that you're the one in the wrong, and all you're doing is just making excuses, pointing fingers and accusing mods of every imaginary crime you can come up with in the hopes of getting unbanned.

Your above statement should read "When you act the tit, deal with the consequences, because no amount of bull****tery is going to bail you out."

Whatever.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

darkman2 wrote:
    If I talked to a brick wall id get more sense.
    That's because it might respond on something akin to your level.

blah, blah, blah, blah....another one decides to speak

BTW I dont know why this thread is still open - ive made my point - im happy with that.

I dont know why this thread is still open - ive made my point - im happy with that.
    Feel perfectly free to stop responding to it any time then.

• Advertisement

No - I think I will keep replying to be honest as long as its open......Not one thing ive asked for has been done on this thread. Not even closing it......says it all really.

darkman2 wrote:
    Not one thing ive asked for has been done on this thread. Not even closing it......says it all really.

Why on earth do you expect anyone to jump and do what you ask in the first place? Says it all about you, it seems.

Not one thing ive asked for has been done on this thread.
    Only child, by any chance?
    Not even closing it......says it all really.
    Doesn't say much more than the admins haven't been around to do so. Shocking, given that its the weekend, when people are more likely to be enjoying their lives...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

darkman2 wrote:
    No - I think I will keep replying to be honest as long as its open......Not one thing ive asked for has been done on this thread. Not even closing it......says it all really.

Why on earth would it be closed? We haven't even gotten to the owls and cats yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Only child, by any chance?

No he has a brother remember, the naughty brother posted a thread that looked remarkably similar to most of his other politics threads, and then the innocent darkman got banned for a week.

Why on earth do you expect anyone to jump and do what you ask in the first place? Says it all about you, it seems.

Your a mod. Im asking for this thread to be closed. I dont see an issue with closing it unless your trying to make an issue of it.

Unless you cannot close it of course........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

darkman2 wrote:
    Your a mod. Im asking for this thread to be closed. I dont see an issue with closing it unless your trying to make an issue of it.

Maybe if you paid more attention to what goes on here, you'd understand why its still open.

Just quit whinging, sit down, and be quiet. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

darkman2 wrote:
    Moderators don't close Feedback threads,etc. They come here to have their say as much as any other user. They flame and get flamed like any other. There is no conspiracy. This is not for you and you alone. You're looking Cloud's genie butt (Give it a rub - get a wish granted. Go on! Try it!)

Try reading and engaging your braincells before posting.

ex: "...if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument you'll find us reasonable people."

darkman2 wrote:

Unless you cannot close it of course........
    Read me.

Karoma wrote:
    if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument you'll find us reasonable people."

I think, if you read this thread, the unreasonable people have been the mods. End of story. Its there in black and white that I got a ban extension for taking this complaint here. Pitty you mods are not so vocal against something that was unreasonable and then come and criticise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Dev wrote:
    if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument
    Im still waiting for darkman to point out his reasonable argument tbh.Leave the thread open i'd say.

Mods are this mods are that,thats all i've read.

darkman2 wrote:
    I think, if you read this thread, the unreasonable people have been the mods.

Unreasonable in the sense that nobody is willing to do whatever you ask the second you snap your fingers.

Snowbie wrote:
    Im still waiting for darkman to point out his reasonable argument tbh.Leave the thread open i'd say.

Mods are this mods are that,thats all i've read.

Im done replyng to you tbh.

Thats irrelevant.

The issue here is the ban extension. Thats it. I could not care anymore about the origional ban.

Unreasonable in the sense that nobody is willing to do whatever you ask the second you snap your fingers.

Stop trying to twist things. Its the ban extension I want to know about. Read the 4 posts prior to that and then come back to me and tell me why I was given an extension.

darkman2 wrote:
    Im done replyng to you tbh.
    Didn't you say that several pages back?

Thats irrelevant.
    What is? That we pointed out that any sort of unreasonable arguement is coming from your direction after you accused everyone else of everything under the sun when they disagree with you?

darkman2 wrote:
    Stop trying to twist things. Its the ban extension I want to know about. Read the 4 posts prior to that and then come back to me and tell me why I was given an extension.
    This was answered here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53277759&postcount=118

If you don't accept it, then I'd suggest that you shut up and hope that an Admin. is willing to wade through this tripe to actually consider it.

Karoma wrote:
    Didn't you say that several pages back?

What is? That we pointed out that any sort of unreasonable arguement is coming from your direction after you accused everyone else of everything under the sun when they disagree with you?

What are you talking about? I want to know about this ban exstension - which actually one of you at least actually pointed out did not have a reason nor was I given one by Gandalf.

stfunoob.jpg
    stfu_noob.jpg
    stfu_noob.jpg
    4.jpg
    normal_stfu-noob.jpg

33748543_9516a232a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you have a problem take it to #care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

darkman2 wrote:
    Right i can help you out with that
    gandalf wrote:
    God that was a good nights sleep.

I believe you lied that you did indeed start the thread and based on your attitude in pm's to me and your general input on this thread you will indeed continue on in the vein you have established in the GE forum. You also have a history of causing problems and have been banned from other forums.

Based on this your ban has been extended because to be honest the politics mods can do without you posting in the forum and creating work for us until after the election.

I mean how guilable do you think we are? Lets look at your excuses.

"Other called FF and the PD's Nazi's" - No reported posts from you about these eventhough you say you are an experience user here, therefore you should know how things work, which you obviously don't.

"My Brother nicked my account" - Only mentioned to me after your 3rd response to my original ban notice

"I asked a unknown mod to delete the thread" - If you asked one of the politics mods to delete the thread it would have been done, where did you ask them, how did you ask them.

This is my last input in this thread.

Eh i think gandalf explains your extension in there.Did you miss that one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement