Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Texas Hold'em

• 19-05-2007 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!I've been thinking of learning how to play Texas Hold'em for ages because frankly ot looks great!I kknow that to play it would be to learn,but I looked up rules etc online but almost each site gives me something different which is annoying!Any help as to where I might find the standard, accepted rules for the game?Its just so as I don't go into my first game with friends knowing nothing.Any help will be much appreciated!Thanks in advance to all who help.:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

go to www.pokerschoolonline.com great site. if you join the school i think its $13 a month people treat it like real money and are only to glad to help you.
    you can play for free but the school is well worth the money and you will make lots of friends while you are at it. highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

ambman wrote:
    go to www.pokerschoolonline.com great site. if you join the school i think its $13 a month people treat it like real money and are only to glad to help you.
    you can play for free but the school is well worth the money and you will make lots of friends while you are at it. highly recommended
    Cheers ambman appreciate that!

I didn't realise that there was a poker section............if anybody with the power to move this thread there should happen to read this could they please do the honours?Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Best way to learn is by playing.

Play the online tounaments. Start off at the cheapest and play till you get a grasp of the game.

Best way to learn is by playing.

Play the online tounaments. Start off at the cheapest and play till you get a grasp of the game.
    Thanks.Its just I don't want to go in knowing nothing, you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

I have a book called
    The theory of poker By David Sklansky.

Good book.

I'll sell it to you if you want for €15 + P&P.

Hoops1888 wrote:
    I have a book called
    The theory of poker By David Sklansky.

Good book.

I'll sell it to you if you want for €15 + P&P.
    Thanks for the offer!I think I'll stick with the basic rules on sites and learn how to play by doing it for the moment though.When I get into it and understand it more then maybe I'll start looking at books but I don't want to just dive into one yet, you know?Thanks again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

lemansky wrote:
    Thanks for the offer!I think I'll stick with the basic rules on sites and learn how to play by doing it for the moment though.When I get into it and understand it more then maybe I'll start looking at books but I don't want to just dive into one yet, you know?Thanks again:D

Up to yourself but I would say your better off reading books. Not just playing the game learning pot odds etc etc.

Goodluck anyways.

Hoops1888 wrote:
    Up to yourself but I would say your better off reading books. Not just playing the game learning pot odds etc etc.

Goodluck anyways.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

found this on the paddypower site

http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/getting-started/poker-tutorial.php

I am only new to poker myself, but after watching on late night tv over the last while I had a fair Idea.

there are some other tools on the PP site too but I just jumped in the deep end because I won a bet on football & PP cant refund money straight to a mastercard so I transfered some money into a poker account & started playing 12cent games, a tenner has lasted me a week.

be warned though it is auful addictive.

found this on the paddypower site

http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/getting-started/poker-tutorial.php

I am only new to poker myself, but after watching on late night tv over the last while I had a fair Idea.

there are some other tools on the PP site too but I just jumped in the deep end because I won a bet on football & PP cant refund money straight to a mastercard so I transfered some money into a poker account & started playing 12cent games, a tenner has lasted me a week.

be warned though it is auful addictive.
    Perfect!You legend:D Seriously thanks loads!Between this and the old late night tv stuff I should be sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

go to the play moey sections on the many poker sites!

go to the play moey sections on the many poker sites!
    I think I will!

Advertisement