Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yep, another injury in WWE...

• 19-05-2007 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer update today:

--Both Shawn Michaels and Perro Aguayo Jr. have blown out knees. Michaels injury is considered serious. He missed last night's show but as of last word, he said he is going to try and gut out the PPV on Sunday. Aguayo Jr., who has been one of the biggest drawing cards in wrestling for the past several years, had a right ACL tear on Los Cincos Magnificos (a show where celebrities do circus acts that is huge on national TV in Mexico and is making Aguayo Jr. a far bigger name) this week and he'll be out of action for six months.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Holy sh*t, the injuries really are piling up as of late. I wonder if they'll start pushing some decent mid-carders now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Seems to be a bit of bad luck with injuries. I just hope that by working JD that it doesn't make it worse than it already is.

Guess we will have Orton in the title picture again if HBK is gonna be out for a while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

What the **** is with all these bloody injuries this year?!
    No wonder i'm enjoying TNA a lot more these days.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What the **** is with all these bloody injuries this year?!
    No wonder i'm enjoying TNA a lot more these days.

VR!

you're joking right? tna is ****ing appalling these days,compare it to 12 months ago when it was gaining some steam,the acquisition of angle and a prime time deal were paving the way for the company as a major player and they pissed it away by hiring russo and making a mockery out of their roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

krudler wrote:
    you're joking right? tna is ****ing appalling these days,compare it to 12 months ago when it was gaining some steam,the acquisition of angle and a prime time deal were paving the way for the company as a major player and they pissed it away by hiring russo and making a mockery out of their roster

I don't know the x division is still pretty exciting......some great moves there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote:
    you're joking right? tna is ****ing appalling these days
    If you're saying Homicide, Jay Lethal, and Alex Shelly are appalling but you're waiting for Cena va Khali to thrill you, then bitch about Russo's writing then i think you might wanna check out WWE's farce when it comes to writing the John f'n Cena show. Yeah TNA has had a bad run recently, but WWE hasn't been up to it's standards either, and it went downhill from about Cyber Sunday last year. Even before that it wasn't perfect. That 2 Kanes angle was god awful, the masked one ended up looking like Psychosis on roids!

Also the aquisition of Angle wasn't THAT big of a deal as he's half the man he was this time five years ago.

VR!

Bad blow for raw both dx members out...Khali contender edge gone to SD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn....not a good last few weeks for the wwe....
    Shawn with a blown out knee....hes gotta be out for a while then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I thought Shawn was meant to be cutting down his schedule soon anyway? This injury has come at just the wrong time in that case. Hopefully they will use this as a chance to push Orton more, maybe by going over Shawn tonight. If Michaels has a blown knee though, I'd be shocked if he went ahead with he match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Double C wrote:
    I thought Shawn was meant to be cutting down his schedule soon anyway? This injury has come at just the wrong time in that case. Hopefully they will use this as a chance to push Orton more, maybe by going over Shawn tonight. If Michaels has a blown knee though, I'd be shocked if he went ahead with he match.

I wouldn't be shocked. Remember Taboo Tuesday in 2004 when he screwed his leg up the night before and still went ahead with his match with Triple H. And for a guy with one leg, it was fantastic. It made you want to root for him even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wouldn't be shocked. Remember Taboo Tuesday in 2004 when he screwed his leg up the night before and still went ahead with his match with Triple H. And for a guy with one leg, it was fantastic. It made you want to root for him even more.

Right. The guy is even tougher than the Undertaker. So, i'll be surprised if he isn't wrestling tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's unfortunate. But it's not surprising with a guy Shawn's age and the amount of work he does. If this keeps him out of Summerslam then I suppose we'll have HHH in the main event

Even more unfortunate for Aguayo! Getting injured outside of the ring is bad. The pressure will be on Mistico even more now with him carrying his own injury

Well the rumored plan (according to the torch) is for Cena versus Triple H at 'Mania. We could see that now at Summerslam which I'd prefer.

Update from the observer:

--The latest update we have on Shawn Michaels is that he will be wrestling tonight. They are going with the idea he will undergo the surgery that he's been putting off, so tonight, or tomorrow are most likely his last night for a while. How long he'll be out depends on how much damage they find when they open him up.

Double C wrote:

Please NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't push Orton he just plain annoying.....almost as much as Cena......I just don't like him his ego is much too big for someone who hasn't really achieved much recently....I'm well aware he was the youngest WWE champion.....But all he has done recently is get his ass kicked by legends.....Hogan smacked him round the place.....Undertaker did twice

When the Orton Vs. Evolution angle was being developed it looked like he had a lot of potential but at the moment its just being wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Its bad news to hear Michaels is out. This could very well finish him, or at least guarentee his schedule is cut back.

I think Orton is the only one left now that has the status as a main eventer. Although with HHH coming back soon he's only gonna be fodder for Cena until then. I think Vince135792003 has it right with a Cena HHH Summerslam match.

Chances are though Orton will throw another tantrum and blow this opportunity to redeem himself as well.

Chances are though Orton will throw another tantrum and blow this opportunity to redeem himself as well.

The way things are going with all the injuries he'll be the champion of all 3 brands by the end of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

With all the injuries, i think Nitro should get a push, along with Matt Hardy.

NItro is very good on the mic, and he is pretty good in the ring too; he has already put on some good bouts with Cena, and himself and Matt had some very entertaining matches (imo)

I really do think Nitro is one of the guys currently on the roster that has the look, the charisma and ability to do well, and with Kennedy, Taker, HHH and HBK out, this could be the chance to give him a push.

Tauren wrote:
    With all the injuries, i think Nitro should get a push, along with Matt Hardy.

NItro is very good on the mic, and he is pretty good in the ring too; he has already put on some good bouts with Cena, and himself and Matt had some very entertaining matches (imo)

I really do think Nitro is one of the guys currently on the roster that has the look, the charisma and ability to do well, and with Kennedy, Taker, HHH and HBK out, this could be the chance to give him a push.

Totally agree.

Pity he seems to be stuck on Heat at the moment teaming with Kenny. Nitro could easily be brought up to main event level if they tried, even if it were just for a short program with Cena like Khali is having. He was the IC champ not so long ago....which reminds me, how come Vince has let Santino get away with not defending the belt every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

has Masters not been jobbing to him the last couple of weeks to Santino?

• Advertisement

That's not really doing much with him though, I thought Vince would have sent Umaga in to take care of the guy who embarrassed him. Masters should be the IC champ though

Advertisement