Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Ultra 120 extreme fit the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

Options
  • 19-05-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey, just thought I'd ask in case someone knows if the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme would fit on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 motherboard due to the massive heat sink hotel already on the board?

Since it's such a focused question - I doubt I'll get a conclusive answer, but one can only hope.

Anyway, thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I can't imagine why it wouldnt, perhaps google for compatability with the ultra-120, as the clearance for each should be the same.

From silentpcreview:

"Despite its size, motherboard compatibility should be fairly good, as the fins are high enough above the base to avoid most of the components on the motherboard."

I'm looking to get one too, should be a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

it will fit most 965 boards are same layouts and there is nothing obsutucting it and all mounting holes are standerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pgleeson

Ok, thanks guys. I'll keep looking for a definitive answer but I've already bought the ultra 120 extreme and will be buying the rest of the components within a month - so I'll let ye know whether it does or not then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

oh **** i tought you were talking about the ds3.

amm the heatsinks are mena be very big in the p35 so beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

pgleeson wrote:
    Ok, thanks guys. I'll keep looking for a definitive answer but I've already bought the ultra 120 extreme and will be buying the rest of the components within a month - so I'll let ye know whether it does or not then :-)

This is no help...but if it doesn't fit I'll take the Ultra 120 off you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

According to the thread HERE the Ultra 120 fits this board.

Advertisement