Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer K.I.A HELP!!!

Options
  • 19-05-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

righto, im not sure if this is the right thread for my problem, plz move if neccesary

right, i was upgrading the bios on my msi p965 neo f motherboard, and half way through, (i think it was clearing cmos or sumthin) it froze... now windows wont boot up at all! i cant run in safe mode, run from last known good settings, or start normally ( i am given the option). also if i load fail safe options in bios (which is still there) it does no good, same problem. so tried reinstalling windows...no good....blue screen of death.

someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

did you take out that cmos battery thats in it for a minute?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ill try that, gimme a sec

edit: no good, blue screened again...although, it did go as far as the windows loading bar this time, but thats it. when i go run in safe mode, it goes thru all the drivers, but keeps gettin stuck at the same one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Try doing a windows repair, using the XP disk you have. U have to hit a key at the disk loads. Its done through text commands, so 'chkdsk help' to find all the extensions and use them all. It hopefully will repair windows and may take a while doing it with little or no sign of progress, I think it gives a percentage but it goes through it a few times. Just be patient. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Did u update the BIOS from within windows?

Offalycool wrote:
    Try doing a windows repair, using the XP disk you have. U have to hit a key at the disk loads. Its done through text commands, so 'chkdsk help' to find all the extensions and use them all. It hopefully will repair windows and may take a while doing it with little or no sign of progress, I think it gives a percentage but it goes through it a few times. Just be patient. Hope this helps.

...blue screen..:(

• Advertisement

I think you may need to get your hands on a boot disk for dos, and update the BIOS via diskett. Its the safeist way anyway and you may get lucky. But if it works I think you will be very lucky

Edit: have you tried moving the jumper beside the battery?

ya i did the bios update in windows.

where do i get my hands on a diskette?....and i dont have a floppy drive..can i put it on cd?....urg, this sucks. if i format the hdd on sumone elses pc and then try reinstal, will thta be anygood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

16airassualt your going to get banned if you continue to troll any further, consider yourself warned.

I have cleaned up the thread so it can get back on topic.

Hard to say but I think this is a BIOS issue, not a hard disk one. U may be able to use a USB flash stick. I really dont know much for sure.

Worst comes to the worst, U might have to replace the motherboard which could be worse.

ill try playin with the jumper leads with a bit more planning. how exactly do i do a hard reset with the jumper leads?..like where are they (i have a feeling i didnt do it right at all), do i power it up on the changed around jumpers or wat?

theres pics of my board on http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=2994&Itemid=40&limit=1&limitstart=1 maybe if you see it, u can tell me wat to do with the jumpers

• Advertisement

On the off chance, it may be worth checking that all the cables in you PC are securely plugged in.

Edit: There is a jumper on pins beside the battery. You have to move it the jumper to different pins; it should point this out in your manual. I believe you remove the battery move the jumper, then power on. Turn off pc and leave for up to 15 min, then replace battery, and move back jumper to default.

im havin no luck at all with this, tried doin a proper hard reset, jus didnt work....ill see if one of my friends can fix it, but im havin doubts. i rely cant afford to go spentin another hundred n sumthineuro on a new mobo, think i can rma it from komplett?? (ive it bout a month n a half now)

Did u clear the Cmos? Using the procedure in the manual? If the information saved on the Cmos using the battery is different to the new setting in the Cmos you’ve updated it will crash, never update a BIOS on an overclocked machine. I think BIOS updates are at the user’s risk. If u can boot some of the way into xp, there may be hope for you. U should borrow a floppy drive and give the Dos boot disk a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

ya i did the bios update in windows.

where do i get my hands on a diskette?....and i dont have a floppy drive..can i put it on cd?....urg, this sucks. if i format the hdd on sumone elses pc and then try reinstal, will thta be anygood?

If you're still after a boot disk try bootdisk.com. They have a forum as well where you might get some help.

yey!!!....formated the hard-drive and put vista back on...IT WORKED! so wat exactly does this mean now?...if i wanna go back to xp, am i going to have problems again?...or did vista jus kick my motherboards ass into submission?...i love vista again!:D :D:D

Great stuff. Dont know about reinstalling XP but I guess its ok.

just ta let ye know, put xp back on, system is running sweetly! (xp better for games, prefer it to vista). so all ill say is that was really annoyng and weird, and thanks a mil for the help!:D

Advertisement