Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

MercMad wrote: »
    Where is the Roller located, would it be for sale ?

There a chap up in Tallaght had 4 or 5 of them in the garden about 2 yrs ago - used to be a RR mech but was thinking of offing them at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

MercMad wrote: »
    Where is the Roller located, would it be for sale ?

There a chap up in Tallaght had 4 or 5 of them in the garden about 2 yrs ago - used to be a RR mech but was thinking of offing them at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

DSCF6106.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Carazy wrote: »
    DSCF6106.jpg

Thats a great photo.
    I love Webasto roofs but that one wont do that 420G any favours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

This Is a tough one

some form of 80's toyota I suspect - Carina perhaps.
    Photo2065.jpg
    Photo2064.jpg
    Photo2063.jpg
    Photo2062.jpg
    Photo2061.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

A Starlet i'd say, going by the original colour anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

More likely a Corolla KE30 with that colour and that style wheel

Maybe but I never saw a Corolla K30 in that green, the Starlets had the very same wheels though. The headlamp looks like it came out of a face lift Corolla DX though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Carina Dude

Probably a Carina TA60 or Corolla DX judging by wheel type and rusted headlamp

Probably a Carina TA60 or Corolla DX judging by wheel type and rusted headlamp

I never saw a Corolla K30 or Carina in that colour and I used to paint them!

• Advertisement

The headlamp looks like it came out of a face lift Corolla DX though.

One of these?
    DSC08470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

JoeySully wrote: »
    This Is a tough one

some form of 80's toyota I suspect - Carina perhaps.
    Photo2061.jpg

Tis a Corolla KE70 DX alright .
    '81/'82 facelift model like above in Blue850's pic .
    Colours are odd in the scrap picture alright .
    Both colours wouldnt be usual for a ke70 .
    They look more like the orangey/red and the pea green found on the ke30.
    But the scrap pic is definately a ke70 Corolla with the blue interior .
    Front seat and headrest are definate blue ke70 interior .
    Was probably a silver or light blue ke70 that got a full thorough respray in the green .
    Green outside with blue interior ?? Mad .
    Also pictured is the inner wheel house and rear shock and spring setup are that of a ke70 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

...........Hi could you guys PM me the details of the Carlow & Tallaght Rollers please ?

Ta,
    Ben
    kwalshe wrote: »
    It's in a place called Glynns Coaches on the N80 near the Fighting Cocks Pub in Carlow, I can PM you a number if you wish who may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

Hey there if you folk on this board are interested I have uploaded around 540 or so photos of my visit to a scrapyard in Co.Kildare, unfortunatley I am not sure if all these cars are still there; but maybe its worth a try I have the number of the guy who owns the place, he is sound now and wont rip you off doors are around 40 quid, but I am sure you could bargain with him !!! plenty of jap crap in this place !!!! only got to see 3/4 of it, the older stuff is long gone or hidden somewhere else, these pictures were taken in January 2011 and June 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55720630@N06/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

japcars wrote: »
    Hey there if you folk on this board are interested I have uploaded around 540 or so photos of my visit to a scrapyard in Co.Kildare, unfortunatley I am not sure if all these cars are still there; but maybe its worth a try I have the number of the guy who owns the place, he is sound now and wont rip you off doors are around 40 quid, but I am sure you could bargain with him !!! plenty of jap crap in this place !!!! only got to see 3/4 of it, the older stuff is long gone or hidden somewhere else, these pictures were taken in January 2011 and June 2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55720630@N06/[/QUOTE]

Good job! Many thanks for sharing, I could look at old cars till the cows come home. I have owned many of the cars shown, down the years, sorry I ever sold them!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭WDB123

where in kildare ????

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55720630@N06/[/QUOTE]

Good job! Many thanks for sharing, I could look at old cars till the cows come home. I have owned many of the cars shown, down the years, sorry I ever sold them![/QUOTE]

Aw ain't hind sight a wonderful thing!! I agreed great photos, good job 'n all that butttt..........where is this magic land ??? I need to see it for myself , there is so much I want there I'm going to bring an 11car transporter with me ,aw hi what about that RTE Transit??? am havin that!, the sierras that r18 even the talbot horizon and solara ......f##k it I'll buy the lot!!:D:D
    Would you PM me his number I wanta put in an offer for a load of that old stuff as soon as ,
    Cheers:)

Yes I could spend all day there now as well photographing, some old yokes in there I would love to have if they were servicable, was getting parts of a 1991 sunny shame it wasnt one of those rare alfa romeos or fiats !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Dealer sticker on a terminally rusty old IU reg beetle today...
    IMG_2809.jpg

near the curragh camp in a place called suncroft a small village, its about a mile or so outside suncroft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

japcars wrote: »

My fingers are sore from flicking through all the pages;).You were kept busy taking and editing them, well done.Any more Saab's apart from the 9000?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rodneys

so good, that link wont open??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

rodneys wrote: »
    so good, that link wont open??

me too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

anyone got a phone number for the place??? is it still open as the EPA were clamping down on all scrapyards...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

This should work
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/55720630@N06/

This scrapyard has been discussed many times on here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055741861

You used to be able contact him through his flicker account
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrawb/sets/72157624866278872/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

just been on the phone to him and nearly everything has been crushed by the council....he is very disheartened over the whole thing with the EPA which is very understandable as his lively hood has been taken away from him...the council are crushing cars by the day.....so the pics that are on the web will soon be a distant memory :mad: :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

I called down to this guy on spec last autumn. No sign of life at all ... rang him and he basically told me he wasn't about, but that the next week would be fine. I thought well, that's grand, what can you expect arriving on spec. etc etc. I'd already dealt with him a couple of times and found him grand.

He then proceeded to avoid my phonecalls, got through once and he was ringing me back the same day ... never happened. I think that actually happened two or three times. I even put it to him that maybe I should cool the enthusiasm for a while (meaning if you're in the doo-doo's with the EPA etc. I can lie low for a while) but no, wouldn't hear a word of that!

I gave up on him a long time ago. I can understand everything but yanking people about when you don't have to doesn't fall under umbrella of understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HMTurbo

Blue850 wrote: »
    One of these?
    DSC08470.jpg

what show was that at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

HMTurbo wrote: »
    what show was that at?

Has a look of Durrow about it...?

• Advertisement

Has a look of Durrow about it...?