Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Spotted this today in a shed that i have passed every day for years, never knew it was there, though theres not much salvageble really...:eek:
    Asking locally it seems its been there for 20 years or more, good time for it to be well vandalised..

IMG_2891.jpg

And off on its final journey today....I wouldnt like to be driving behind it!
    IMG_3416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

http://www.flickr.com/photos/petes_pics/sets/72157624889699747/

moate house and lands, a treasure trove of cars apparently anyone know where it is, meath is it ?? have to go there haha

Looks very much like a banger racers stockpile, and if its in Meath id bet it is.;)

Only thing i would ask if he is reading this is that he let me know if he is racing the C230 Laurel seen there, i really could do with trim parts from it, i would really appriciate it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Look what i found today!
    Abandoned in a shed of an empty rundown house in the middle of nowhere
    Will take more Pictures tomorrow.:)

What is it btw??, i think it's a Ford Angila:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

yep, along those lines alright. (could be a Popular possibly)

• Advertisement

The briars like this one...
    IMG_3426.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

some sort of fiat ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Scirocco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    Scirocco?

Yea looks like Scirocco mk2 dashboard which I love;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Was my first car, black 1.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

for sure have to agree MK 2 Scirocco, could wrong but the gauge temp speedo shape of the dash all indicates towards it unless some other maker in the far east used the same dash.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

japcars wrote: »
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/petes_pics/sets/72157624889699747/

moate house and lands, a treasure trove of cars apparently anyone know where it is, meath is it ?? have to go there haha

Tags say Roscommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

akura wrote: »
    Look what i found today!
    Abandoned in a shed of an empty rundown house in the middle of nowhere

DSCI0003.jpg

Now that is a nice find, knowing them cars the body is probably extremely rotten, but its cool to think how many years that car has been sitting there :D

Its either an (E494A) Anglia or a (103E) Popular.

If it has a flat steel panel for a dash board its a Popular, if it has a more ornate bakelite dash with clocks in the centre then its an Anglia

davycc wrote: »
    Yea looks like Scirocco mk2 dashboard which I love;)

Yep, it is/was one of those alright.

Now that is a nice find, knowing them cars the body is probably extremely rotten, but its cool to think how many years that car has been sitting there :D

Its either an (E494A) Anglia or a (103E) Popular.

If it has a flat steel panel for a dash board its a Popular, if it has a more ornate bakelite dash with clocks in the centre then its an Anglia

Ill take a wee trip up to it later and take a few pictures and will report back.
    yeah i wonder how long its been sitting? it's in the middle of the country down a narrow overgrown road near where my mum's from so ill ask her later if she knows anything about who lived there.

So i went back and took a few closer picks i think its an Anglia because of the dashboard :D

its completely rotten and has no floor at all you can see through from side to side:eek:

i also found an old engine cover its not made from steel instead it's like a fabric with a hard resin on top if you know what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

afaik the floor would have been wooden so might not be as bad as you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

IF the Lotto came up for me - Brabus W124 6.5 (157MILES on it ! ):eek:
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/03/brabus-selling-65-sports-sedan-based-on.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Capri wrote: »
    IF the Lotto came up for me - Brabus W124 6.5 (157MILES on it ! ):eek:
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/03/brabus-selling-65-sports-sedan-based-on.html

You've posted this in the wrong thread but by God is it gorgeous! Love them Mercs and that is just awsome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

7015436481_f84fb11c2f_b.jpg

^AE86/Levin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 classichunter

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

@classichunter nice pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Deson

theres a guy just up the road from me who has a trans-am and a mustang just parked up in a garage, awful shame. he takes them out once in a blue moon. ill try and get a few pics

Crispy 1979 Cork city registered Datsun 100A FII. This was a 1 owner car from new until 1999, the fear of the impending NCT test put paid to it. Well, that and 12 years of irish weather untill i roughed it up like this last week.:pac:
    IMG_3520.jpg
    Its amazing how the steel on this rusted, it just crumbles away like a biscuit.
    Mmm...biscuit..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 classichunter

ianofitz wrote: »
    @classichunter nice pics
    thanks i have more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ulick-magee

Seriously guys - apologies if this is the wrong forum but this guy on ebay has a plethora of classics for sale - greta pics

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Citroen-2CV-no-reserve-/120885939130?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c255d0bba#ht_500wt_1346

this is not my ad on ebay in case anybody thinks i'm spamming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

gdILk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Crispy 1979 Cork city registered Datsun 100A FII. This was a 1 owner car from new until 1999, the fear of the impending NCT test put paid to it. Well, that and 12 years of irish weather untill i roughed it up like this last week.:pac:
    IMG_3520.jpg
    Its amazing how the steel on this rusted, it just crumbles away like a biscuit.
    Mmm...biscuit..:)
    Sure it's NCT exempt, a quick dab of Rust Remedy here and there, and drive as is. Should see another 12 years with a little care.:D

Advertisement