Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Good to see that there's still interesting stuff being found in sheds even nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Good to see that there's still interesting stuff being found in sheds even nowadays.

And will be into the future :rolleyes: Not much selling out there, no scrap value so just park it and forget it AFIC.

I've gone down the 'want to swop ?' route , that'd keep stuff moving around until someone managed to sell something but everybody 'just wants cash' - don't we all :rolleyes:

There are worse cases out there - Field of..(shattered dreams?)
    http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4275563862.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

But some times people just want unrealistic prices for cars, just because there old doesn't mean they're worth there weight in gold!
    I remember about 22 or 3 years ago the auld fella wanted to buy a beetle project and there was a fella down near blackwater in Wexford iirc that had a field full of old beetles and busses ( bear in mind I was about 10 so memory is hazey). So anyway went down one glorious day armed with some old vw mags an uncle gave him to buy one but you couldn't deal with him.
    Went down several years later to find them and even tho from memory I think I found the house all the v-dubs were gone, I'd say to the scrapyard unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭hometruths

Anyone spotted any Land Rovers recently? I am on a hunt for a restoration project. Searched the thread but they are all a few years old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

schmittel wrote: »
    Anyone spotted any Land Rovers recently? I am on a hunt for a restoration project. Searched the thread but they are all a few years old!

Where are you based. Croziers in moate tend to cone across them now n again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

schmittel wrote: »

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭hometruths

mondymike wrote: »

I'm in Wicklow, but happy to travel.
    Thanks for tip, I'll give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭B2AUDI80

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Yes. You are correct. Spoke with the owner there who located the tax book. It C Type was first registered in October 1974 and was on the road up to 1984. The B Type was "retired" in 1977.

There is also a 2 door D Type Kadett in the same garage. Its a 1983 model on it's original local reg.

Interesting to see the 3 successive Kadett models under the one roof.

great find!!!! :eek::D

whats happening with them now , or are they gonna b parked for a long time yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

The B Type estate and the C Type could be for sale I reckon.
    Not so sure about the D Type. The owner seems attached to it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 allana13

allana13 wrote: »
    Any pics of Fiat Millecentos ?

Any info guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

allana13 wrote: »
    Any info guys

There is one on the Fiat stand at the Classic Car Show at the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

this afternoon (Little Island, Cork)

there is also another one in the corner as you can see.

20140307_163553.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Today. Newcastle

IMG_3736_zps165aa807.jpg

Double post. Sorry

Cycling through Rochestown in Cork today my "classic car radar" started beeping and then I saw something out of the corner of my eye while passing one house. I stopped, went back and discovered this:

IMG_7944.jpg

^ on an Irish plate and all, has to be saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Lotus eclat ?

yes, I think the running gear is Toyota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Id be surprised at that, when that car was built toyota were hardly heard of this side of the world, but... I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭John Larkin

Lotus Elite I think. Vauxhall engine with Lotus cylinder head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Reliant Scimitar?

It's Elite actually, John Larkin is right. And the running gear isn't Toyota (that's Lotus Excel).

edit:

two nice examples for sale in UK:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C444874

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C318234#

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

Greg81 wrote: »
    Today. Newcastle

IMG_3736_zps165aa807.jpg

Hi Greg81, where is this G Wagen located thanks.

type85 wrote: »
    Hi Greg81, where is this G Wagen located thanks.

College Road, Greenogue Business Park. Between Grants Road and Grats Rise.

I've been passing these for a couple of years now, the DS has been there a long time the VW bus more recent and there is a GS around the other side I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

Greg81 wrote: »
    College Road, Greenogue Business Park. Between Grants Road and Grats Rise.

Can it be seen from the road or do you know who's yard it is in? Thanks

type85 wrote: »
    Can it be seen from the road or do you know who's yard it is in? Thanks

Yes it can. it is own by a company. But I can't tell you the name. I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Roy Race of Melchester Rovers ("Roy of the Rovers")used to drive a Lotus Elite back in the day. A red one IIRC. :)

I remember going to look at a project one a couple of years ago at the pub in kilpedder he told me that it was driving well except he had hit a bump a little hard and the driveshaft had separated from the gear box so I decided to walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Spotted this 900 recently on the way home from work in a garage repair shop (strangely enough :P).I'd say the 4 door/5 door versions are rare to see anywhere.Personally I have a liking for these cars, but I think the 2 door/3 door versions look nicer and suits the vehicle better IMO.

Advertisement