Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Bridgetown Co. Wexford (never mind an abandoned car, there's a whole abandoned village)
    IMG_3753_zps8a67ff1a.jpg
    This, I would love to get my hands on. Do you know if its for sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think my poor old lancia has appeared here before but it's a little worse for ware now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭B2AUDI80

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I think my poor old lancia has appeared here before but it's a little worse for ware now.

That a ke20 corolla laying too??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Not quite abandoned but at least its living on somehow..
    Minor1_zpse4b281e7.jpg

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

B2AUDI80 wrote: »
    That a ke20 corolla laying too??!!

Yeah a poor old ke20 slowly returning to the soil, not mine tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Sierra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

classics of a different kind abandonded..

about to be blasted to the after life :eek:

IMG_20140406_162034_zps20c4f6e9.jpg

IMG_20140406_162205_zps38d7e010.jpg

IMG_20140406_162855_zps48d7a5a4.jpg

IMG_20140406_162840_zps1b896fde.jpg

thought these would be saved or maybe given to the museum ??

IMG_20140406_162008_zpsccd953f9.jpg

IMG_20140406_162021_zps7bbe2afb.jpg

IMG_20140406_162104_zps6da64e90.jpg

IMG_20140406_162135_zpsa1ab11b9.jpg

this I don't know if abandoned or not ,but haven't seen it out ..

IMG_20140512_185439_zpsc8d7b40f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Spotted this the other weekend between Bantry and Killarney, didn't have time to stop examine and take a snap...there's another 'advertising' vehicle along the road at a tea room, looked like a Fordson E83W that looked a bit more cared for.

are-we-there-yet.jpg

There was yet another a few years ago, forget what make, around Moll's Gap. Someone set fire to it.

EDIT here it is, though imho leaving a classic at the side of the road is just asking for trouble.
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/vandals-burn-out-67-volvo-at-molls-gap-27406597.html

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Saw this this morning, my old fella used to have one, similar colour as well

eeZ3e9f.jpg

• Advertisement

:eek:

would love that estate ,, pm sent :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mate of mine had one in college - we used to go everywhere in it!

We called it the Chicken Coup as on the road the shocks sounded like a brood of chickens clucking away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

These Kadett's were great, is this one for sale??

nope not for sale ever !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Spotted this the other weekend between Bantry and Killarney, didn't have time to stop examine and take a snap...there's another 'advertising' vehicle along the road at a tea room, looked like a Fordson E83W that looked a bit more cared for.

That one looks like an old Vauxhall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

14350273051_2830fe6437_z.jpg
    Collecting a Triumph Dolomite a few weeks back, saw these two parked at the end of the same garden. Blue one has been there since 2002, and the green one longer. Just used as storage sheds now.

14350273051_2830fe6437_z.jpg
    Collecting a Triumph Dolomite a few weeks back, saw these two parked at the end of the same garden. Blue one has been there since 2002, and the green one longer. Just used as storage sheds now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

DSC04310.jpg
    DSC04313.jpg
    DSC04314.jpg
    DSC04315.jpg
    DSC04311.jpg
    DSC04308.jpg
    DSC04305.jpg
    DSC04306.jpg
    DSC04307.jpg
    DSC04303.jpg

Around Galway city today

Irish reg on that Landcrab?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

*** ZIM, an import in 1984/5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

Its all over for that landcrab im afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

The Mercs look very save able , I assume questionable paperwork and VRT issues though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Its all over for that landcrab im afraid!

It'll polish out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

macplaxton wrote: »
    It'll polish out :D

More likely it'll fall off if it's touched… :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 creme_fraiche

Type 17 wrote: »
    More likely it'll fall off if it's touched… :p

Problem solved then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Blue850 wrote: »
    DSC04310.jpg
    DSC04313.jpg
    DSC04314.jpg
    DSC04315.jpg
    DSC04311.jpg
    DSC04308.jpg
    DSC04305.jpg
    DSC04306.jpg
    DSC04307.jpg
    DSC04303.jpg

Around Galway city today

They all look like clapped out heaps of junk tbh. The usual crap, someone thinks they're sitting on money and stubbornly refuses to part with them for years until they're beyond redemption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Maybe it'd be an idea for someone to start a 'matchmaking' service - say collect all the Moggy Minors/Mercs / VW's etc. and bring to someone who needs them for spares to sell ( or get a fee for matching shells with buyers ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Capri wrote: »
    Maybe it'd be an idea for someone to start a 'matchmaking' service - say collect all the Moggy Minors/Mercs / VW's etc. and bring to someone who needs them for spares to sell ( or get a fee for matching shells with buyers ;) )

In alternative utopia type world maybe:pac:. You'll never overcome the mentality of farmers sons thinking they're sitting on money with some rust bucket '65 Morris Minor that Auntie Nellie drove to Mass once a week..... I saw decent save able cars rotting away in fields because of this mentality, shocking stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

jca wrote: »
    In alternative utopia type world maybe:pac:. You'll never overcome the mentality of farmers sons thinking they're sitting on money with some rust bucket '65 Morris Minor that Auntie Nellie drove to Mass once a week..... I saw decent save able cars rotting away in fields because of this mentality, shocking stuff!!

or the deflating one liner that you get when you ask about the pile of rust that's been sitting in the briars for eons " ah im going doing that up " !!!!

only to see it carted away in the local scrap mans lorry a few weeks later :mad:

brings to mind a recent story , we are big zetor tractor men and we have restored 5 out of the 12 that we have in the shed , anyway we got a phone call a few weeks back to say that a lad near to us was after getting a 6718 zetor for free to take away and if we approached him we might be able to buy it for parts etc , we went to look at the tractor and it dawned on us why he got it for free , the engine was seized the top was off the gearbox and it was full of water , the tyres were all perished and there was no glass or roof left in the cab , but none the less we could see some potential in the ould girl and we decided to offer him €450 for the tractor as it stood ( clear profit for him ) , he wouldnt even have to take it off the lorry just slew it onto our trailer , we got a resounding NO and we were told that he had a client for the engine and someone else for something else blah blah blah , so we left him to it and thought no more of it until we got another phone call this week to say that he had brought it to the scrap man and got just €150 for it !!!!!! now where is the logic in that will you tell me ??? but this is the mentality of people nowadays , if they think you have any interest in anything the price automatically goes through the roof and then when they realise they cant sell it they would sooner scrap it than see you getting it .:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Blue850 wrote: »
    DSC04310.jpg[/URL]
    DSC04313.jpg

Those minis bodywork look good.I dont know what the tractor is.If its a fergie, then its the wrong colour. (By the way, I cant show the other mini, or tractor and I didnt need the merc pic ?????)

brings to mind a recent story , we are big zetor tractor men and we have restored 5 out of the 12 that we have in the shed , anyway we got a phone call a few weeks back to say that a lad near to us was after getting a 6718 zetor for free to take away and if we approached him we might be able to buy it for parts etc , we went to look at the tractor and it dawned on us why he got it for free , the engine was seized the top was off the gearbox and it was full of water , the tyres were all perished and there was no glass or roof left in the cab , but none the less we could see some potential in the ould girl and we decided to offer him €450 for the tractor as it stood ( clear profit for him ) , he wouldnt even have to take it off the lorry just slew it onto our trailer , we got a resounding NO and we were told that he had a client for the engine and someone else for something else blah blah blah , so we left him to it and thought no more of it until we got another phone call this week to say that he had brought it to the scrap man and got just €150 for it !!!!!! now where is the logic in that will you tell me ??? but this is the mentality of people nowadays , if they think you have any interest in anything the price automatically goes through the roof and then when they realise they cant sell it they would sooner scrap it than see you getting it .:mad::mad:

Bloody clown, serves him right.:rolleyes:

Advertisement