Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

jimmyw wrote: »
    Jeez, what a beaut

Engine looks like a 1.5

Well spotted, it is a 1.5, there is a 1.5 emblem on the boot lid, interior from what I saw did not look too bad.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

clogher71 wrote: »
    Well spotted, it is a 1.5, there is a 1.5 emblem on the boot lid, interior from what I saw did not look too bad.....

I have two more of them among others in my sig pics,the sad o that I am..........LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Possibly Dublin assembled as well. :)

Plus Dublin rust... The 1500 in them was a gutless yoke. They were sluggish enough with the 1725 engine but the 1500 was just torture.

I have two more of them among others in my sig pics,the sad o that I am..........LOL!

It's a little ironic, but there is a 1.7 on donedeal in Roscommon also ....can't be many of either about now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jca wrote: »
    Plus Dublin rust... The 1500 in them was a gutless yoke. They were sluggish enough with the 1725 engine but the 1500 was just torture.

Years back a fella sold me a pair of DCOE's for a 2-litre Fiat I had - He said they came off a hillman hunter. I was skeptical at the time, but aparently they did a version with twin webers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Years back a fella sold me a pair of DCOE's for a 2-litre Fiat I had - He said they came off a hillman hunter. I was skeptical at the time, but aparently they did a version with twin webers.

They did indeed, mainly in the top end models, GT, GLS,Humber Sceptre etc. There was a Holbay Hunter too which was a nice car. I've never seen one in the flesh I'd doubt if many were ever sold here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭tc20

interior from what I saw did not look too bad.....

the seats look barely worn, musty for sure, but plenty of life in them ;)

tc20 wrote: »
    the seats look barely worn, musty for sure, but plenty of life in them ;)

I know, I never thought to look at the speedo to see what mileage is on it, it might be low'ish, 70's seats wore away easily....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Spotted a chrome bumper MGB behind a garage outside Westport last week. Looked like it had a hard top on it too, which isn't too common. Didn't get a pic unfortunately. Looked pretty rusty from a distance.

Its amazing where you see abandoned cars in totally unexpected places, I spotted this today but I was a bit stressed out as I was stuck in a car park and i couldn't find a pay-point to get out...........:P.

I dont know what is under the cover, but I may be able to find out sometime.

Sorry the pic is rubbish

Citreon DS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

A Quad headlight Hunter I came accross today....Dublin reg...

I've passed that about 20 times and always meant to stop and photograph it for this thread.

Cheers for saving me the bother. :) Used to be loads of Hunters around Roscommon back in the day, they all rusted away in ditches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Red Kev wrote: »
    I've passed that about 20 times and always meant to stop and photograph it for this thread.

Cheers for saving me the bother. :)Used to be loads of Hunters around Roscommon back in the day, they all rusted away in ditches.
    All thanks to Westward Garages in Strokestown.

Red Kev wrote: »

Cheers for saving me the bother. :) Used to be loads of Hunters around Roscommon back in the day, they all rusted away in ditches.

Yes It is easily spotted from one direction. I passed a couple of weeks ago, but could not stop, I was passing again near it so I decided to detour to investigate.....there is a few for pics around there, I spotted an 80's Mits Colt the first day, but could not find it the second day, there is a mk1 Jetta and a micra outside a house for years and a small old time scrap yard that could have anything in it I would say .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jca wrote: »

The 1725 with twin Weber's and the Overdrive gear box was great fun to drive. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I didn't take these photos but thought a few here would enjoy the 'car graveyard' http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2016/08/20/urbex-car-graveyard-france-september-2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I didn't take these photos but thought a few here would enjoy the 'car graveyard' http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2016/08/20/urbex-car-graveyard-france-september-2015/

Very beautiful, but also very sad.

CarGraveyard-21-768x512.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Its amazing where you see abandoned cars in totally unexpected places, I spotted this today but I was a bit stressed out as I was stuck in a car park and i couldn't find a pay-point to get out...........:P.

Looks like it might possibly be a Lancia Fulvia.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

alastair wrote: »
    Looks like it might possibly be a Lancia Fulvia.
    I'm thinking Beta!

jimmyw - you've got to look under there for us.

Sorry the pic is rubbish

Citreon DS

Some of you may remember last week I posted a pic of a Citreon DS,,and another under a cover, above, but I was unable to find out what was under the cover.

Well, I managed to look under its skirt today and......................................

......got arrested!

I will post a pic of it later,but a clue to what it is?............its a British classic.

I am surprised these are stored there as they are at risk of being stolen or vandalised??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Odelay

Some of you may remember last week I posted a pic of a Citreon DS,,and another under a cover, above, but I was unable to find out what was under the cover.

Well, I managed to look under its skirt today and......................................

......got arrested!

I will post a pic of it later,but a clue to what it is?............its a British classic.

I am surprised these are stored there as they are at risk of being stolen or vandalised??

:eek:How? For what???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

MGB?

Well, here we go...........................................................................................................................................................

A TR 6

Odelay wrote: »
    :eek:How? For what???

No, only kidding:D

Isn't it amazing how obvious it was in hindsight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Well, here we go...........................................................................................................................................................

A TR 6
    I still think it's a Lancia Beta. Maybe with a TR6 body kit.

:p

Dades wrote: »
    I still think it's a Lancia Beta. Maybe with a TR6 body kit.

:p

I think Lancia got tickford to try to sell off the remaining stock after the rust scandal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭tc20

not abandoned as such, but its a long time since this old Merc moved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I love that rear reflector panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭w124man

I love that rear reflector panel

I hate that rear reflector panel

Advertisement