Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That Land Cruiser was featured here a couple of years ago. Body had not collapsed at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Very sad, I'd buy it just for the wheels to have a spare set.

Buy it, I need a front bumper!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

417036.jpg

417037.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Any of you guys come across an abandoned 88 to 92 carina, let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

This ad for vintage tractors has several classic cars in the background. May be useful for somebody here looking for spares..

I spot the following in the pics..Liteace (Hiace?), Morris Minor, Fiat 127 (Mk1?) (Cortina? gold-coloured car)
    ...we wont mention the Punto..too 'new' :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/4-vintage-tractors/14884642

Silvera wrote: »
    This ad for vintage tractors has several classic cars in the background. May be useful for somebody here looking for spares..

I spot the following in the pics..Liteace (Hiace?), Morris Minor, Fiat 127 (Mk1?) (Cortina? gold-coloured car)
    ...we wont mention the Punto..too 'new' :D

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/4-vintage-tractors/14884642

Oooh I could use the arms on that 35!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was showing my father the pictures on this thread and he insisted I put up a picture of his abandoned classic.

20170513_152638.jpg

20170513_152645.jpg

He bought it about 20 years ago to restore it but it's been sitting in same spot ever since :):)

He won't get a puncture anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Probably still waiting on the lads to call over to push start it :)

• Advertisement

Probably still waiting on the lads to call over to push start it :)

Believe it or not it was actually starting when he bought it. It's a marshal road roller and has a Perkins diesel engine that's well locked up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Any idea how old it is jayo?

Any idea how old it is jayo?

Nearly sure it's 50s he had the log book for it but so long since I seen it. It started out life with Kilkenny county council and then a tarmacadam company who he bought it from.

He has the controls and cab for it too stored in garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭w124man

Deadweight !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

I have a pair with a good bucket and a bad fork that you're welcome to...been falling over them for years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

That 35 is a Nuffield/Leyland !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

jayo26 wrote: »
    Was showing my father the pictures on this thread and he insisted I put up a picture of his abandoned classic.

He bought it about 20 years ago to restore it but it's been sitting in same spot ever since :):)
    I reckon you could get a Range Rover body on that no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Any of you guys come across an abandoned 88 to 92 carina, let me know.

How abandoned is abandoned? If it's in someone's yard / field etc . Is it parts you are after ? I think I know where there are one or two....

clogher71 wrote: »
    How abandoned is abandoned? If it's in someone's yard / field etc . Is it parts you are after ? I think I know where there are one or two....

Yup, looking for a few parts. I'd be grateful for any leads to one being broken, especially one with a beige interior.

Yup, looking for a few parts. I'd be grateful for any leads to one being broken, especially one with a beige interior.

So I take it you're not really interested in the 35 loader arms after all? Even an acknowledgement of the offer would have been appreciated....

• Advertisement

There is a grey one in an old farm yard, looks like a 'liftback' from a distance, I drove by to see if it is still there, I would say you would have to go get the parts yourself if the owner would play ball. I doubt a famer would have one with a beige interior though....

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    So I take it you're not really interested in the 35 loader arms after all? Even an acknowledgement of the offer would have been appreciated....

Well my apologies, I didn't even see your reply until now, or the one where I got the make/ model wrong. That's very generous of you, whereabouts are you? Have you the hydraulics?
    Thanks.

There is a grey one in an old farm yard, looks like a 'liftback' from a distance, I drove by to see if it is still there, I would say you would have to go get the parts yourself if the owner would play ball. I doubt a famer would have one with a beige interior though....

Thanks for that, is it ok to pm you?

Well my apologies, I didn't even see your reply until now, or the one where I got the make/ model wrong. That's very generous of you, whereabouts are you? Have you the hydraulics?
    Thanks.

No problem, I'm afraid it's only the loader itself with the bucket and fork and the support that doubles as a rad guard when on the tractor.
    The tractor was foolishly sold with the mounting and Rams still on it, I will never use the loader and would be happy to see it being of some use to someone else.
    I'm north Wicklow, near Greystones.

Thanks for that, is it ok to pm you?

You got a PM....

@Zoom4m8, thanks so much for the offer, but I'd need the hydraulics too. I've had an offer of a full set in North Kerry only 50k from me. It'll cost a good bit more than free, but it'll be much easier to get it collected! Stick those arms up on DD or adverts, you should get a few bob for them no bother. 👍

You got a PM....

Answered you there Michael, very good of you.

@Zoom4m8, thanks so much for the offer, but I'd need the hydraulics too. I've had an offer of a full set in North Kerry only 50k from me. It'll cost a good bit more than free, but it'll be much easier to get it collected! Stick those arms up on DD or adverts, you should get a few bob for them no bother. 👍

Grand, glad you're sorted, just sorry I didn't take the rams and mounting off the tractor when I had the chance but I was up to my eyes at the time, and the chap who bought the tractor didn't want them either! Unfortunately he lives in Donegal so it would have been a bit of a trek to go get them back..
    I must put them up on DD, they won't improve outside all the time..

Yup, think of them as little bundles of cash sitting out in the rain. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭tc20

grey/blue interior rather than beige, and not exactly scratch free doors, but as they say, i saw this and thought of you ;)

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-ii/15564588

parts for an '88, in Galway

Advertisement