Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Ah nice one tc, really appreciate it. Wonder has he got the parts I'm after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-ii-1-6-parts/15305381

MzM2NTI0M2JkOWIzNmY2ZTdmYTlmODNmNWRlNzM0NTJpWEsqTwVvILeHC-kd0u-1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjY4MzcwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not the beige interior you want Martin (in fact I can't recall seeing another with beige interior bar yours! At least it has been a long time since I have) - but if you're looking for other bits, this is a bit closer to home

Saw that, thanks Duke. I spoke to him a while ago but he didn't seem to think the gutter rails were in good nick. I should really go and see it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Posted this 2 years ago.
    Back at the farm today, and she's still there.
    1zAhTg8.jpg

oOuTMv4.jpg

83UYNnW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

At the back of a cars sales today :(

• Advertisement

RWD wrote: »

Thats a real shame. Looks nice and original..and no chrome arches!!

Thats a real shame. Looks nice and original..and no chrome arches!!

and the aerial still intact!

A bit of digging shows its a 1 owner 260e with no NCT since 2002. Must have went through one test in its whole life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Where is that car located?
    Do you know if its for sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Odelay

A bit of digging shows its a 1 owner 260e with no NCT since 2002. Must have went through one test in its whole life

She's as long off the road as she was on it.

• Advertisement

I must enquire about the merc,It's vintage this year too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,280 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Spotted these in an Industrial estate in Tuam.
    The Minor looks roadworthy. The Celica is hardly a classic but still it's a shame! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Off nagor road,Dublin, maybe not abandoned, but have not moved in a while....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

clogher71 wrote: »
    Off nagor road,Dublin, maybe not abandoned, but have not moved in a while....

Toyota Cressida pre-1980 model.

Perhaps a recent (in last 10 years) japanese import ...with those gaudy wing mirrors attached.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-ii-1-6-parts/15305381

MzM2NTI0M2JkOWIzNmY2ZTdmYTlmODNmNWRlNzM0NTJpWEsqTwVvILeHC-kd0u-1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjY4MzcwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not the beige interior you want Martin (in fact I can't recall seeing another with beige interior bar yours! At least it has been a long time since I have) - but if you're looking for other bits, this is a bit closer to home

Cheers Duke, got the replacement seat belt off this yesterday. Different colour but it'll get through the nct. Unfortunately the roof gutters are shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

L1011 wrote: »
    Thats what I was told by the people in the other garage, anyway! Got yer mans reg, so if the Guards get in contact with me (my van is heavily branded) I can just ask them to get the other garage's CCTV to see him literally driving after me (on foot!) around the village.

And a thread, 8 years ago!

I regularly drive by here under the cover of darkness however as I was off yesterday I got a quick pic. Cars seem to be disappearing (longtimers gone green with age are gone) maybe being made clear up by the council?

35422263576_43478034f7_k.jpg

In the village also are a maroon 1993 Astra saloon (looks like it hasn't moved in a while) and a silver W210 shoved into a gateway (beside the petrol station playing hide and seek). On the Carrick road is a black 1979 Cortina Mk5 I've been meaning to get pics of for ages as it's half stripped this 3 years outside someones house

323i e21 in a sorry state.... :(

Nice Cork reg and everything. Shame

323i e21 in a sorry state.... :(

On the way in to Cobh, by any chance?

On the way in to Cobh, by any chance?

It's in Ballycotton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

I had an E21 a few years back. Lovely cars and going up in value too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Volvo 300 series

A few from Sunny Dungarvan. Beetle is a '68 registered sometime in the 70s (76?)

35881547665_e0668ba703_c.jpg

35072369203_d0335b74a5_c.jpg

35881544865_ea59ec3f0e_c.jpg

We went to the Dromod Railway museum recently, and I was amazed at the diverse amount of old rail and road haulage vehicles there. Its well worth a visit for any diesel heads, or indeed aero heads. Even has a 1 man submarine.....

But anyway, here are three older vehicles, if not exactly abandoned, haven't got much love recently!

V4uIooL.jpg

CoCiaGl.jpg

eRTYoZd.jpg

The golf is for sale, with the proceeds going towards boiler work on a steam train.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭type85

A few from Sunny Dungarvan. Beetle is a '68 registered sometime in the 70s (76?)

35881547665_e0668ba703_c.jpg

35072369203_d0335b74a5_c.jpg

35881544865_ea59ec3f0e_c.jpg

Hi Duke O Smiley, Are any of the above available for sale do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭tc20

^^ @ Neckarsulm - I hope the passengers in the hearses haven't been abandoned :D

tc20 wrote: »
    ^^ @ Neckarsulm - I hope the passengers in the hearses haven't been abandoned :D

They used to run a Halloween Ghost Train, and as the train went chugging past a certain bit of track, the hearse was positioned with a "corpse" who would sit up and then chase the train...... :D

type85 wrote: »

The Beetle isn't, the Golf isn't...I didn't really go asking after that and didn't want to be too pushy. I did buy an old Transporter though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

type85 wrote: »

That Golf isn't real...................

its only CGI
    :D:D:D

I'll get ma coat ..............

• Advertisement

Skibbereen today.

Advertisement