Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

RWD wrote: »
    At the back of a cars sales today :(

Is that still sitting there do you know??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

This breaks my heart every time I see it.
    It hasn't moved in the two years since I've come across it, I dare say it hadn't budged for five years before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

This breaks my heart every time I see it.
    It hasn't moved in the two years since I've come across it, I dare say it hadn't budged for five years before that.

What does?
    No pic showing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

red sean wrote: »
    What does?
    No pic showing for me.

1987 Mercedes 260E, sitting years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,448 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Breaks my heart every time I pass it. Not a lot of these left as far as I know.

Untitled.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

Breaks my heart every time I pass it. Not a lot of these left as far as I know.

Untitled.jpg

That's been out in the elements for at least the last 10 years, possibly longer. I believe it to be connected with the manager of a certain transport "museum" who needs no mention...

That's been out in the elements for at least the last 10 years, possibly longer. I believe it to be connected with the manager of a certain transport "museum" who needs no mention...

Yes, aware there was some sort of a squabble back years ago, yet a piece of Irish transport history rots into the ground. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

Spotted this in Brooklyn a few weeks back sitting outside a garage under the Brooklyn bridge. They had a few other oldies up on racks inside the garage that looked like doer uppers

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,061 ✭✭✭✭neris

2 Old Volvo 740s my father in law bought few years back as scrap cars. Managed to strip parts of 1 and and get the other one up and running. For some reason he took the engine out last year a nd hasn't bothers puting it back in so car is now rotting away under the trees while the engine suits close by under plastic sheeting

20171226_162540.jpg

20171226_162613.jpg

20171226_163128.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Hillman Imp abandoned in a back garden in Lusk, snapped it this morning while walking by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Beara peninsula today. Poor old thing is at an abandoned house, will probably still be there in 20 years time.

20180325_194344.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Military bumpers, capstan winch, safari roof, galvanised rack, its amazing no one has either rescued or "liberated" that one.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭w124man

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Military bumpers, capstan winch, safari roof, galvanised rack, its amazing no one has either rescued or "liberated" that one.....

As you can see, it is securely tied down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Thought this belonged here :D:D:D

29542647_937204086439007_1264735768365373789_n.jpg?oh=10f45660bb9fe04139ab2b2ccb52dd61&oe=5B7422EF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Stiletto Imp, in Castledermot, sitting there 25 years at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

hello tabby, do you know any thing about it? have all enquirers been chased away, second question, is it irish reg ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

rugbyman wrote: »
    hello tabby, do you know any thing about it? have all enquirers been chased away, second question, is it irish reg ?

Yes, to both questions, lads have been chasing it for years, but it's still there.

Sorry if this turns out crap, but there's a first for everything...

Spotted an abandoned G Wagen near Dunboyne. Looks to be sitting a long time!

OqETEJb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Impossible to see with the sun darkening the camera's exposure, but I did manage to cross-reference this corner on Google streetview, and if it's actually a white vehicle, then it's a Mercedes Sprinter or similar (assuming that things are the same since 2009, when the google car last passed the area).

Type 17 wrote: »
    Impossible to see with the sun darkening the camera's exposure, but I did manage to cross-reference this corner on Google streetview, and if it's actually a white vehicle, then it's a Mercedes Sprinter or similar (assuming that things are the same since 2009, when the google car last passed the area).

I see the Sprinter but the yellow G Wagen isn't on streetview... Pity it turned out crap!

I'll try get a better snap next time I'm there, non dashcam

Edit: found a site that offered a higher resolution conversion

5rk5SR1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

448858.jpg

448859.jpg

448860.jpg

448861.jpg

448862.jpg

Austin A95, what a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Considering the ZV system came in in 1992, that Austin must have been ropey enough when imported.

They're both in the same place. As far as I know there was a dispute over a will and the Merc was put at the gate to stop a brother from getting in. There's a fine house there but it's in the same state as the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Considering the ZV system came in in 1992, that Austin must have been ropey enough when imported.

Fairly sure I know where that is and it's almost on the wild atlantic way shore!

Might have featured before. Abandoned on the road into Ballymun nct centre, beside some caravan dwellers. Pity to see an original irish reg rotting away.

20180426_193330.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭tc20

Technically not abandoned, more a project that's gathering moss. It's been parked up in the same spot for a long time..

sligojoek wrote: »
    They're both in the same place. As far as I know there was a dispute over a will and the Merc was put at the gate to stop a brother from getting in. There's a fine house there but it's in the same state as the cars.

Typical Ireland... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

tc20 wrote: »
    Technically not abandoned, more a project that's gathering moss. It's been parked up in the same spot for a long time..

Any idea if it’s for sale being looking for one ?

Advertisement