Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 who knows

Hi, just stumbled across this forum now. just said id put up picts of a tractor my uncles built more than 20 years ago. the chassis was off a bray loading shovel with a truck engine powering it. It also had a fifth wheel for pulling truck trailers. it was capable of around 25 miles per hour i think. shame to see it now though.

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

they called it the bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

70-C-6 doesn't come up on Cartell for some reason.

it has been parked up for some time as you can see from the tree growing out of it. another machine parked near it is a volvo lm621 or 622 not too sure which

153.jpg

158.jpg

157.jpg

if you know of any for parts please let me know, uncle is looking for a few bits for his working one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Max_Damage wrote: »
    70-C-6 doesn't come up on Cartell for some reason.
    The other reg does (Limerick) 6253 IU - Volvo , Diesel.

who knows wrote: »
    if you know of any for parts please let me know, uncle is looking for a few bits for his working one.

There is a scrapyard near Killeshandra in Cavan that has a large range of plant machinery. I can't remember the name of it or its exact location (last time I was there was about 5 years ago), but I'm sure directory enquiries will bring up something.

• Advertisement

think the volvo was working up to a few years ago, he stripped it for parts for his other one.

thanks for the heads up on the parts, ill check it out thanks. Anymore possibly nearer to cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

On its final journey today?, photo was taken last night,
    MOUNTBELLEW2008073.jpg

^ A sad sight. Looks to be in a restorable condition, although the Charade on the roof probably didn't do it any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

What's the blue thing on top? Kadett maybe:confused:

• Advertisement

Blue car is a MK2 Fiesta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

a Rekord! wow...i once borrowed a Rekord Coupe...first car I ever did 100mph in :-) (oxford ring Road in case the Gards are watching...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

That rekord looks in ok shape alright,cant make out the reg.There aint many of them left lying around these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

cant make out the reg...

155 FIE RED OPEL REKORD 2.0D.

155 FIE RED OPEL REKORD 2.0D.
    :D;)

I passed that truck again yesterday and it was empty:(, same truck had the Mk1 Jetta on it I posted about a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I saw a similar looking truck heading to a huge breakers yard in Mountmellick yesterday.

Also saw a blue 850 Sport 70LS XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

Any idea what model the champagne gold Merc is or what age ?

Its a crime to see all these cars going to be crushed all because the price of scrap has gone up ! ! :( My dad had a couple of those Opel Record diesels back in the late 70's and early 80's.. Its a sad sight to see..

I salvaged 3 x Mk1 Jetta's a few months back. I hope to make at least one if not 2 out of the 3 ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

W124, pre 88 ( old plates ) abandoned in a flats complex on Mt Prospect Ave in Clontarf. Has 99(?) trade plate in the window so don't know the story.
    Maybe dealer shut up shop, or was more unfortunate ?

Capri wrote: »
    W124, pre 88 ( old plates ) abandoned in a flats complex on Mt Prospect Ave in Clontarf. Has 99(?) trade plate in the window so don't know the story.
    Maybe dealer shut up shop, or was more unfortunate ?

Any pictures?

What date is on the tax/insurance disc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dirty1

Pagoda113 wrote: »
    I salvaged 3 x Mk1 Jetta's a few months back. I hope to make at least one if not 2 out of the 3 ! !

Two of my mates run Mk1 Jettas!

Mosney010.jpg

2540646014a7781864724l.jpg

Cant get over that Record, no way a retro bus like that should go to the scrappers! Cut the springs and she'd make a great 'Staff car' for me and the boys!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

MY gold 88 w124 200 is for sale as going concern or parts, was driving last year on small back roads only. Anyone willing to give it a home as it has to be removed sooner rather than later. I love to be able to drive it to North africa where they are still everywhere + they would probably get another 100,000 miles out of it. Meanwhile saw loads of pix of 1950's pontons in Libya. They are all over the place still. sdm

MODEDIT:
    one post flogging your Merc is enough, two others deleted.
    If you're serious about selling put it up on adverts

Jeebus,the exact same colour as me dads old 1981 diesel one,didnt think they could look so good!!What are the wheels off?
    Mosney010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

they're banded steel wheels.
    basically, a set of steel wheels cut in half and welded back together with an extra strip of steel to widen them.

3inches i think in this case.

they're banded steel wheels.
    basically, a set of steel wheels cut in half and welded back together with an extra strip of steel to widen them.

3inches i think in this case.
    Ah,i see!The uncle used to do this to his hot rod wheels,cut the rims,and weld in the metal from a calor gas bottle sectioned!!worked perfectly:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

thats it exactly.

that jetta looks class up close. i couldnt get over how low it sits. its like a big go-kart.

just savage

sdm wrote: »
    sad one this.

pic is copyright of owner
    :eek::eek::eek:What happened to that!!!

:eek::eek::eek:What happened to that!!!

If I was to guess, it probably rear ended a truck-trailer.

Not much chance of surviving that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dirty1

Wheels done by http://www.wide-wheels.co.uk/

theyre later model VW wheels!

Car belongs to Draycottgirls who was posting hereabout an old landsruiser!!

He got it in the UK, the cars called Wrong Burgundy and is and ex PVW staff car, (Performance VW magazine!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

That Jetta looks well alright. Its a pity the bumpers are gone off it.. I have a petrol and a diesel one in that colour..

Also have 2 diesel's in Mars Red.

Advertisement