Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

some people would say it looks better for not having bumpers on it.

they could be got for very little anyway if somebody where to buy that car

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yet another two flogging posts from sdm removed. You were lucky to just get a warning yesterday, this time it is a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

unkel wrote: »
    Yet another two flogging posts from sdm removed. You were lucky to just get a warning yesterday, this time it is a ban.
    Flogging posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Flogging posts?

Selling cars

Onkle wrote: »
    Selling cars
    Ah,understood!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

I've thrown on a few more cars onto the end of this thread.....enjoy.
    http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=12559&page=8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Capri
    W124, pre 88 ( old plates ) abandoned in a flats complex on Mt Prospect Ave in Clontarf. Has 99(?) trade plate in the window so don't know the story.
    Maybe dealer shut up shop, or was more unfortunate ?

Any pictures?

What date is on the tax/insurance disc? '

No pics. I presume the 99 trade plate means thats when it last moved. As I say, it's parked in that flat complex for some time. Old 'ACE' plates on it as well. Only guessing an SI reg.

Pagoda113 wrote: »
    That Jetta looks well alright. Its a pity the bumpers are gone off it.. I have a petrol and a diesel one in that colour..

Also have 2 diesel's in Mars Red.
    There isnt many jettas about these days,are yours roadworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pagoda113

One of the Jetta's is road worthy. Its a 1.5 petrol. I am only the second owner. 65 K miles and in lovely order.

I have two diesel Jetta's which with a bit of time and TLC could be put back on the road but they are way down my list of priorities. I will get around to one of them at some stage. I have a Hillman Imp Van, Merc, 2 Beemers which are ahead of the Jetta's in the Queue..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭otis

Spotted in Bansha, Co Tipp a few weeks ago - looked in OK condition

• Advertisement

otis wrote: »
    Nice the reg makes it a mid 1970 dublin car,looks in ok order except for the broken windows....interior will be fair mouldy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

otis wrote: »

He has 3 scrapyards around the place . The world of old rare stuff and you'd be suprised what you'd spot in the place .But you couldnt deal with the man . Ignorant as f**k :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Redrover1999

Does anybody know where there are some scrapyards with older models?

I mean eighties and seventies cars.

Scrapyards where you can walk around them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ This place sometimes have older cars:

Kinsella's Car Dismantlers
    Red Cow, Naas Rd, Dublin
    Tel: (01)4640726

In the past year or so, I've seen them have a Mercedes W116, Vauxhall Viva, Ford Cortina Mk1, and a Ford Fiesta Mk2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Our friend with the truck with the Rekord and MK1 Jetta had E30 BMW 316 and a Peugeot 205 on it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Redrover1999

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ This place sometimes have older cars:

Kinsella's Car Dismantlers
    Red Cow, Naas Rd, Dublin
    Tel: (01)4640726

In the past year or so, I've seen them have a Mercedes W116, Vauxhall Viva, Ford Cortina Mk1, and a Ford Fiesta Mk2.

How long do they tend to keep old cars like this before destroying them?

Do they let you walk around yourself? Can you see the cars from the road or are you a regular visitor?

How long do they tend to keep old cars like this before destroying them?

Do they let you walk around yourself? Can you see the cars from the road or are you a regular visitor?

Hard to tell really. Most cars there can last anywhere between a week to a few months, depending on the condition of them and how much parts are striped off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

This bug has been sitting (abandoned, no taxor anything) in a Ballybough lane since 2002. Looks good underneath. Emilio might know about it as his details are on rear reg.

Image077.jpg

Image078.jpg

Thats a 72 bug all the way from donegal originally,it really is a pity to see them out in the weather like that.

I saw a sky blue Beetle today in Knocklyon, it was on pre-'87 plates, however it seemed to be a German import (going by the 'D' sticker on the back of it and it being LHD).

No picture unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Blue850 wrote: »
    On its final journey today?, photo was taken last night,
    MOUNTBELLEW2008073.jpg

I saw a field beside a house during the week with 2 of those Charade's - both red - and still looking good, parked beside one another......

If anyone's interested, PM and I'll approach the owner.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I was up passing Traynors scrapyard in Moy yesterday ( they had 2 Ferrari 550 maranellos being scrapped) anyway I spoted a Merc 190E shell sitting on what appeared to be an abandoined low loader only 2 miles from there. Also a W123 Merc sitting in a field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

That reminds me of something.
    What do you think of this lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

and more

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

:eek::eek::eek:Eh wtf???!!!! Where is this. Come on, SPILL!!!

my fave is there - a brown 6.9!!! Seriously, if i had money in the morning, i would go straight out and get one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

That will be Ned Kellys,near Castlecomer Co,Kilkenny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Would he accept one soul as payment for that 6.9??????:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

What is going on with all the Stuttgart metal there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah he has plenty of parts cars there and does service work as well on all Mercs !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Selfish f*cker. Ned, leave some Mercs for the rest of us.....

Advertisement