Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

unkel wrote: »
    Are you sure about that / did you check that against the NCT testing guide in the charter?

Not my car. Just a lad I was talking to. He said it went down as a visual defect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,008 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

380 SL appears to be abandoned on Beach Road, Sandymount (Dublin).

MercedesBenzSLC38081D2085.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ That's been there for at least 2 years now, it hasn't moved an inch as far as I've seen. That's the Merc that has the diesel badge on the back of it or something (SLD or something similar).

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ That's been there for at least 2 years now
    :eek: (I don't grace Dublin 4 with my presence much so it all new to me!)
    Max_Damage wrote:
    That's the Merc that has the diesel badge on the back of it or something (SLD or something similar).
    SLC? (Coupe?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Jeez,pity that seems abandoned,im sure theres lads out there that would love one of them?

• Advertisement

It's on Cartell - does that mean it's 'taxed'?

It's on Cartell - does that mean it's 'taxed'?
    No,just that its on the system.

SLC? (Coupe?)

I'm nearly sure it's 'D', not 'C'. I'll have to double check the next time I pass it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

SLC aren't worth much tbh, even if it was an SL in this condition it would only be worth a couple of grand tops.

junkyard wrote: »
    SLC aren't worth much tbh, even if it was an SL in this condition it would only be worth a couple of grand tops.
    Ah,ok,i dont know much about mercs,except that the coupes seem to carry a premium and mechanically old mercs seem to be very similar across the board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Are they wheels off a modern E class.... Anyone passing again soon??:P

Are they wheels off a modern E class.... Anyone passing again soon??:P

They look like it alright.

They look like it alright.

So that means if definitly not there since pre 02, lol, we're getting some where.

Somebody might just have changed the wheels.:)

Somebody might just have changed the wheels.:)

LOl, i've heard of people robbing wheels, but robbing them and putting on new one's, well, that's a sign of the time's lol!

I'll have to double check the next time I pass it.
    Anyone passing again soon??:P

Now I regret that I didn't spend more time ther! I took a quick pic and hurried on my way up Sean Moore Road.

.......and it's unlikely that I'll be in the area anytime soon! It's up to you Max Damage! :)

.......and it's unlikely that I'll be in the area anytime soon! It's up to you Max Damage! :)

Will do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

I saw that red SLC at a show in Celbridge a few years, it was pretty rough and had been fitted with a diesel engine, from a 300D I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Blue850 wrote: »
    I saw that red SLC at a show in Celbridge a few years, it was pretty rough and had been fitted with a diesel engine, from a 300D I think.

..........yeah I remember seeing it at a show too, but I used to pass there regularly and I recall it being used. It had the original wheels on it then.

It hasn't moved in more like 3-4 years.

The badge does say SLD, it was originally a 380SLC, one of the early ones, which suffered from timing chain failure, probably why it got a diesel fitted.

The SLC's are probably the worst Mercedes when it comes to holding their value, and that one has been a rust bucket for many years now.

Will do. :)

Wheel each so? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Not sure about it being a classic... I never liked these when they were on the road... Tin-worm seems to have got the better of this one..

peugeotaq4.th.jpgthpix.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

380 SL appears to be abandoned on Beach Road, Sandymount (Dublin).

MercedesBenzSLC38081D2085.jpg

i know the fella who owns that wreak... another one bites the dust...

S.I.R wrote: »

Is it he giving it away:D

Edit: Lads forget about the wheels:D

bbam wrote: »
    Not sure about it being a classic... I never liked these when they were on the road... Tin-worm seems to have got the better of this one..

peugeotaq4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Haven't seen a Peugeot 305 on the roads in years! Weatmeath reg. if I'm not mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JohnH1099

S.I.R wrote: »
    That's been there quite a while, has it grown roots yet? :D

Haven't seen a Peugeot 305 on the roads in years! Weatmeath reg. if I'm not mistaken?
    8287LI,Yep,your dead right,around 1982 or so.The old 305 is a rare bus these days,the van version used to be very common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Was up around Sligo at the weekend and saw this, a shame really, nice 2 door Morris Minor, briars growing up inside it aswell. Perhaps carchaeologist can throw a year on it, Mayo reg, mid to late 60's maybe?

Moggie1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭VWPowered

great pics keep em coming :D

DannyBuoy wrote: »
    Was up around Sligo at the weekend and saw this, a shame really, nice 2 door Morris Minor, briars growing up inside it aswell. Perhaps carchaeologist can throw a year on it, Mayo reg, mid to late 60's maybe?
    Yep.mayo indeed, though a bit earlier than you think,its late 1954 or early 1955.Is it an early minor 1000,when did they discontinue the splitscreen ones thought they were made untill the later 50s?Looks like its been there for awhile,nice shot!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Yep.mayo indeed, though a bit earlier than you think,its late 1954 or early 1955.Is it an early minor 1000,when did they discontinue the splitscreen ones thought they were made untill the later 50s?Looks like its been there for awhile,nice shot!!:)

1956 according to Wiki, was the end of the split screen so maybe this one is the first of the next series, it also said the semiphore indicators were discontinued in '61 and replaced with the flasher side lights, which this has, so dont know where that leaves us. Regardless I did sigh a little when I saw it, a real pity. Always had a soft spot for the Moggies.

Advertisement