Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

1960_porsche_356_b_s_90_coupe_09_m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

how the feck did it end up in a river i wonder?

how the feck did it end up in a river i wonder?

Too much of this lol
    guinnessbeer-main_Full.jpg

:D:Dfar far too much of that i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

This Guy is lookin to move these on thought might be handy for parts ,the Zodiac is pretty much complete and had been stored for over 20 years,the 77 granada is a 3.0 and chrome work is very good,the 82 granada is a 2.8i same as capri,ghia wit orginal radio and elec windows etc,all are located in the one yard in Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

peltor wrote: »
    This Guy is lookin to move these on thought might be handy for parts ,the Zodiac is pretty much complete and had been stored for over 20 years,the 77 granada is a 3.0 and chrome work is very good,the 82 granada is a 2.8i same as capri,ghia wit orginal radio and elec windows etc,all are located in the one yard in Kerry

Excellent 1st post, welcome to Boards

Thanks,must be someone into restorin or runnin these big old boys about and would be a waste to see these crushed when so much stuff off them is useful,

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Excellent 1st post, welcome to Boards

+1

Welcome along!

I'm sure there are a few on here that would be interested in those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

ive agreed a price with peltor for the 3 hearses, anyone interested in transporting them from kerry to meath for me please pm me with a price

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

That zodiac is unusual,only ever seen another one.

• Advertisement

And whats more unusual is had the wheels off the back of the zodiac and guess what disc brakes on the rear !!! must have been some car in its day

The MK1 Granada hearse is actually a late 1974 car and the Zodiac a 69.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

That zodiac is unusual,only ever seen another one.

I had one just like it a few years ago, sold it for parts with a mint Zodiac car I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Went out to lunch today and say this R5 in a front garden.
    No Engine or bonnet.

in meath too..that zodiac would have interested me i have to say..looks sweet

Ready For the last Ride

All ready for you granadamad to head to meath tomorrow,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Doesn't the MK1 Granada look so much bigger, good looking, and imposing than the others !

The R5 is a fab spot, 1979 Dublin reg.

MercMad wrote: »
    Doesn't the MK1 Granada look so much bigger, good looking, and imposing than the others !
    Yep..i like that version.i might have made off with it myself if granadamad hadnt taken them.:p

thats the job, speak to you tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

Please tell me your going to restore them granadamad and not banger race them?

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote: »
    I had thought this too..though surely not.I have a feeling they will be stipped for parts and engine transplants..it would be a sin to scrap the MK1 and the Zodiac.
    What can you do though..cant save them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Hey granadamad, ever have a Granada Perana ? - ( Ford Granada Perana saloon,76 P reg,5.0 litre winsor 302,4 speed manual,very rare sought after vehicle as was only made in South Africa, Superb original condition,even has air conditioning,low mileage came from private collection,must be seen and driven to appreciate £7995 )

There's a 'mate' of yours on the Rock Rd in Blackrock - has a Red Mk ll 2.8i 410 IZC, and i've seen a Mk ll Estate and Scorpio 24v outside as well. Owned a brown 'Chausser' estate myself and a Falcon LTD WZY 649.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ulick-magee

Jag on a car transporter in Tramore Road Cork today. looms bashed hence in this thread

junkyard wrote: »

just passed what i think is one of those hearses in meath and bad news people its a yard that always had the remains of stock cars in it BUT i think the new owner is a car lover judging by whats next door but i wont reveal the location

just passed what i think is one of those hearses in meath and bad news people its a yard that always had the remains of stock cars in it BUT i think the new owner is a car lover judging by whats next door but i wont reveal the location

you havent passed one of my hearses since they are still in longford on the truck we brought them from kerry on!

they will be in meath tomorrow for unloading, see if you can find them! :)

granadamad wrote: »
    you havent passed one of my hearses since they are still in longford on the truck we brought them from kerry on!

they will be in meath tomorrow for unloading, see if you can find them! :)
    did you get the three on the truck?Any pic?:)

thats great news granadamad:) :):)well then theres a granada identical to your new one in meath too but still suspicious it might be heading for the banger races:(

yea, have only got one pic on my phone, if you can upload from your phone il send it on to you if you can post it on here?

it was some sight when the 3 of them were loaded up ready for home

i know the one chief and it aint identaical ;)

was very mint a few months ago, got rough sitting where it is still now though :(

• Advertisement

granadamad wrote: »
    yea, have only got one pic on my phone, if you can upload from your phone il send it on to you if you can post it on here?

it was some sight when the 3 of them were loaded up ready for home
    Ill bet! PM sent

Advertisement