Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Thanks Granadamad..though i cringe when i see them like this...:eek:
    Image000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

well it was either that or spend about a grand getting them back one at a time or on a large transporter

needs must

granadamad wrote: »
    well it was either that or spend about a grand getting them back one at a time or on a large transporter

needs must
    Indeed..you forget how big they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

are you going to restore them granadamad?

they are for breaking or open to offers, mark 1 is already sold complete

just to add.. mark 2 isn't worth doing, interior is a complete mess and underneath it aint in great shape

zodiac would be an interesting project possibly for someone..not me though id sooner break it for parts and €€€

• Advertisement

what are you lookin for the zodiac?

they are for breaking or open to offers, mark 1 is already sold complete
    Glad to hear that..wonder if it will be broken too eventually though...

oh yea it will, lad got it for panels for his saloons, was shame the bonnet was rotten on the mark 1 as he really needed one

i know the one chief and it aint identaical ;)

was very mint a few months ago, got rough sitting where it is still now though :(

so i presume you think its going banger racing too...went by it slowly today and its all lined up beside some serious bashed stock cars:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

Found a 1982 Jag XJ6 3.4l today. Very restorable

• Advertisement

so i presume you think its going banger racing too...went by it slowly today and its all lined up beside some serious bashed stock cars:(
    Well see what turns up at the Shamwreck in june....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 panelb/sprayer

first of all i love the pic you got of all those cars buddy, shame they are not restored you have a good eye finding all of them . that car with all the green moss on it what cars is that is it a rover?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Not so much abandoned as completely dead! Found this mini buried nose down in a field the other day!! mental. This was the only visible bit of it, sticking up out of the ground!!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/Crushanator/Spotted%20in%20Leixlip/Image012.jpg

superboy wrote: »
    Not so much abandoned as completely dead! Found this mini buried nose down in a field the other day!! mental. This was the only visible bit of it, sticking up out of the ground!!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee203/Crushanator/Spotted%20in%20Leixlip/Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    Reg says around March 1969.Was that all that was left?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

By coincidence I was reading earlier about the remains of another Mini which seems to be in similar shape with a HZI *** reg. I was guessing 1966?

DaveCol wrote: »
    By coincidence I was reading earlier about the remains of another Mini which seems to be in similar shape with a HZI *** reg. I was guessing 1966?
    Later half of 65..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Wish I knew what happened to AIC 28.

'66? Morris Mini Minor, as bought new by my Mum.

Money NO object for this one!

Wish I knew what happened to AIC 28.

'66? Morris Mini Minor, as bought new by my Mum.

Money NO object for this one!
    It was a 64..i wouldnt hold my breath as to it surviving though,any scannable pics?

Y'know, I haven't got a clue how to do pics on this.

It's embarassing, but I'm 40, so, needless to say, old 'n useless.

Can you/somebody just give me a step by step guide on how to do this?

Just PM me the details.

'64 though... that's intresting.

There are some photos available.

Most will be in B/W though.

Old Whosbetter? never thought that new fangled colour film would catch on....

Thanks in advance!

Register on www.photobucket.com ,then upload your pics from your computer,scanned presumably,then when they are on photobucket copy the IMG code (fourth down the list)over to your reply on boards,then when you post it will show the pic..

• Advertisement

Image012.jpg
    Reg says around March 1969.Was that all that was left?

Thats all that was above ground!! rest was well buried. Looks to have been buried and filled up with bent panels rubbish etc. Supposedly the guy who owned the field previously was a big banger/stock car racer.

I spotted the blue colour in the grass and went over to pick it up. it came away alright. the ground around it was treacherous and actually crunched under foot. Theres that many bits and pieces of cars buried there! just under the topsoil. the EPA wouldn't like to find this place i'd say!!!

Did you take the plate?:)

I never even thought of taking the plate. It'd be a nice garage wall addition. Of course if it was my car, i wouldn't have buried it in the first place!!!!!

superboy wrote: »
    I never even thought of taking the plate.quote]
    Not good enough lad..im dissapointed with you....lol:p;)

Register on www.photobucket.com ,then upload your pics from your computer,scanned presumably,then when they are on photobucket copy the IMG code (fourth down the list)over to your reply on boards,then when you post it will show the pic..

Nice one!
    I'll get to that as soon as I can.
    Cheers

Nice one!
    I'll get to that as soon as I can.
    Cheers
    Do..we await your pics.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

Wolseley something-or-other inside an apparently disused garage in Piltown, Co. Kilkenny last weekend...

a42295b9.jpg

054f7c6c.jpg

Tis a Wolseley 1500,my uncle is restoring one that is very similar to that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

2 jags looking a bit tired in County Galway! Red one seems to have some work started on its body but stopped a long time ago. Car list has it as a 4.0 Soverign Auto. Blue one has a "show" reg XJ12 904. Pics make them look better than the are but you never know, they may be saved.

Advertisement