Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

why o why do people do it eh?what's he gonna do when them vans litterally start to fall apart then he has to clear them up.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

It will get to the stage that when he finally( or his family after his passing) go to move them they will just fall apart and it will cost a small fortune to have them swept up

Some people :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

seen this a few weeks ago, also seen a super 85 rotmo in a hedge near the greenhills road in dublin earlier
    classic2.jpg

another pic
    classic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

^Great spot!Abandoned resto project for sure i reckon,wont last long out like that.

• Advertisement

There is a newish house built there on land which prob just had a barn or large shed before, I thought it looked like an abandonded project alright and it hasnt been there for too long as I have passed there regular and it wasnt there, still some good parts and orig irish reg too

should enquire about it.a shame to see it fall apart.by the way that's a cambridge isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

seen these this week ,dunno what this is ????
    ice cream van ??? :)

11052009.jpg

11052009001.jpg

and this one !! i think its a datsun ? iv past this a good few times & cant get in at it to get a good pic . i know its never moved in about 4 years !
    its in an open shed ,but the rain & weather do,sent seem to be attacking it to much .
    will see if i can get a better pic this week .
    datsun.jpg

definately an ice cream van.mr whippy would be proud of that.possibly a transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Surfer

bugsntinas wrote: »
    definately an ice cream van.mr whippy would be proud of that.possibly a transit.

saw this along the quays in Dublin on Wednesday I think. Probably just off the boat. It was a Bedford CF2 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

Surfer wrote: »
    saw this along the quays in Dublin on Wednesday I think. Probably just off the boat. It was a Bedford CF2 .

yep wendsday i snapped it on the carlow bypass, looks like john flynns truck towing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

manta mad wrote: »
    and this one !! i think its a datsun ? iv past this a good few times & cant get in at it to get a good pic . i know its never moved in about 4 years !
    its in an open shed ,but the rain & weather do,sent seem to be attacking it to much .
    will see if i can get a better pic this week .
    datsun.jpg

I'm not sure if that's a Nissan 300C (Y30 Cedric), Toyota Crown (S120?), a Mazda 929 (LA4 Luce) or some other early '80s Japanese luxobarge. At least it doesn't look like a Laurel.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Hermy wrote: »
    There was also an old ice-cream van on the back of another trailer but I didn't get to take a pic.
    I saw it first.:p
    seen these this week ,dunno what this is?:)
    11052009001.jpg
    bugsntinas wrote: »
    Surfer wrote: »

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

yep wendsday i snapped it on the carlow bypass, looks like john flynns truck towing it :)
    yep its in his yard lookin over the fence

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted this P6 out the N4 near Rathowen.
    Picture_065_Small.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

Ritmo super 85
    ritmo-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

b.c wrote: »
    Ritmo super 85

They were such a cool looking car. My Grandfather had one and it looked mint, although it was a huge ball of ****e :pac:

I had a white one back in the day, used it for grass track. Bril engine, easy to tune, crappy body work.
    But great track car

Well,

As the name say's, I'm Land rover mad.
    Here is one I got to look at over the weekend in Longford.
    1986 on SI plates damaged engine. the engine is not the original, but a 200tdi,head removed.
    Looks clean, but as usual with these, looks are not as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Bril engine, easy to tune, crappy body work.
    That quote sums up older fiats in general!:p
    That ritmo looks much cleaner,apart from the missing door, than some iv seen on the road..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Is that Ritmo sitting on top of another car?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    However they are a complete nightmare to work on, even the smallest job requires a fair amount of effort.

Well they are no tonka toy,thats for sure.
    Great thing i love is how easy you can strip one done to nothing and do a full rebuild and make the vehicle better.
    I remember a statement I heard once that 70% of all land rovers ever built are still running today.
    Bet there are not too many makes you can say that about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I remember a statement I heard once that 70% of all land rovers ever built are still running today.
    Bet there are not too many makes you can say that about.

It is only second to porshe i think, they were talking about it on top gear from memory, i brought over my 1950 80inch from OZ, just could not part with it...

Your making me drool now The Aussie.

Any chance of some photos of the old girl???

The oldest vehicle I have is a series 2 1960.

Landy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

will get onto it mate and post on here for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Saw this Skoda in behind the abandoned skoda garage in Carrigtwohill,
    definately seen better days, family of cats living in it.

skoda.jpg

skoda2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

love the wheelie bin "planter" beside it ;)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Dutchcat, I love photos like that!!!!!

• Advertisement

yeah its a bit like a glimpse of a stocking top:eek: so here is another one for ya

Advertisement