Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bangerboy

if i knew how to report you i would, i dont come on here name calling so why do you feel you need too, and as i said it isnt even my car

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

...Red triangle left hand side of the post.

Emotive subject, don't let it get personal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

its not everyday you see one of these abandoned..and clamped.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

G Luxel wrote: »
    its not everyday you see one of these abandoned..and clamped.:mad:
    Jeebus,wheres that?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

love those little cars,would love to save it airport in paris i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,629 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ Scumbag........:mad::mad::mad:

Just leave.

If you can't be civil, it is you who will be leaving, Max_Damage.

dutchcat wrote: »
    love those little cars,would love to save it airport in paris i'd say.

No...............its in Cork Airport....it must have been there for months. Its a 204. There was someone here who rescued a 204/304 coupe a few weeks ago so maybe he/she would like this one. I dont know the story about this car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If you can't be civil, it is you who will be leaving, Max_Damage.

Pfff, seems like I'm the only person around here who actually wants classics to be preserved.

:rolleyes:

No...............its in Cork Airport....it must have been there for months. Its a 204. There was someone here who rescued a 204/304 coupe a few weeks ago so maybe he/she would like this one. I dont know the story about this car.
    Very strange that that would be just left there like that.As rare cars go,that would definatly be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

just a guess with the '75'rego palm tree looks a bit exotic for cork booy:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,629 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Pfff, seems like I'm the only person around here who actually wants classics to be preserved.

:rolleyes:

You've got a week to think about this. When you're back please don't abuse other posters and don't discuss moderating decisions on thread.

thanks, i didnt actually report him but at least now i know how to!

lets see if can find something else interesting...

salon_granny-1.jpg

91664.JPG

I only spotted it yesterday:). It may be owned by someone working at the airport. Its in the long term carpark of the Old terminal. Years ago I spotted an XM with flat tyres in the same area, and nearly 30 years ago I spotted an Austin A40 with grass growing up through it near the same spot, although the carpark was enlarged in the mid 80s..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JZR636

dat gaz 4 sale if any1 interested.1000 me mate want 4 it. it need lot of work but drivin .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

JZR636 wrote: »
    dat gaz 4 sale if any1 interested.1000 me mate want 4 it. it need lot of work but drivin .

I think you need to be a bit more clearer

he said the gaz is for sale €1000, it needs a lot of work but it is driving
    would make a nice banger if anyones interested jzr636 and not me

see if anyone is actually willing to put their money where their mouths are..max_damage?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

If that's in Cork Airport, I used see it parked in Bandon last winter nearly every time I went through the place (can't think of the name of the street -It's the one that you have to lake if you're heading to Clon from Cork and go through the town)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I remember back in 1991 there was a blue Renault 5 Mk1 in the airport car park in Shannon. It had obviously been there quite a while, as the tarmac around it had mossed over and someone had removed one of the back wheels!

I remember back in 1991 there was a blue Renault 5 Mk1 in the airport car park in Shannon. It had obviously been there quite a while, as the tarmac around it had mossed over and someone had removed one of the back wheels!
    Around 2 years ago i saw a red Mondeo MK1 in shannon that had a tax disc 5 years out of date.The paint was so flat it was white.I wonder why it was left there so long,it wouldnt have been that old when it was left there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Around 2 years ago i saw a red Mondeo MK1 in shannon that had a tax disc 5 years out of date.The paint was so flat it was white.I wonder why it was left there so long,it wouldnt have been that old when it was left there.

I heard about that, and I was told the story. IIRC, it was somebody drove to the airport, went on hols and he came back in a box unfortunataly. I can't remember why the car was left by the family though.

ianobrien wrote: »
    I heard about that, and I was told the story. IIRC, it was somebody drove to the airport, went on hols and he came back in a box unfortunataly. I can't remember why the car was left by the family though.
    Ah..i was thinking this was the story alright.I think its gone now,i could never find it again to get a pic of it.

Ireland in the early 90s?:D
    41304ke702_48200_41304_1.jpg
    Any good for banger racing?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I remember a neighbour scrapped his immaculate beige Carina like that one for a vile Micra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

ireland in the next few years !!!!!

if this bloody goverment dosent get their act together :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Can anyone remember all the abandoned car that used be at farrenfore aerport??Kerry.. i remember seeing a few there when i was 9 or 10.. there was at least 4 or 5 rotting away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭1948Wolseley

41304ke702_48200_41304_1.jpg
    Any good for banger racing?:p

True that. I remember a green Mk 1 Cavalier driving around Cork back then with both nearside doors held on with duct tape. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

DSC01497.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

this is a big one!!!

DSC01492-1.jpg
    DSC01493-1.jpg

DSC01495-1.jpg
    DSC01497.jpg
    DSC01488.jpg
    DSC01490.jpg
    DSC01491.jpg
    DSC01492.jpg