Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

ohh ,,,, again get permission, before you go in to any of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 turbogasm

glynns garage or something? thats great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I saw this in a scrapyard recently,Its a water pump driven by an aircooled vw engine,seems to be complete but needs restoring.
    As far as I know its for sale,the owner wasnt around so I didnt get a price.

VWpumptinytermprices008.jpg
    VWpumptinytermprices010.jpg
    VWpumptinytermprices013.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

turbogasm wrote: »
    hi,
    i am try to collect a portfolio of photographs of rusting and rotting cars for college. im am living in wicklow. could anybody tell me where i might find some?? the older the car the better
    pms would be grat
    thank you

Try around the Glen of Imaal, its full of old wrecks (sorry no pics)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

ianobrien wrote: »
    Take the Kenmare Road out of Kilgarvan. After passing the Church, look over the ditch on the left. I'm not too sure if it's the second or third field after passing the church. It's down in the bottom right corner of the field, under some trees.

I'd say you won't spot it from a car. I was in a Jeep when I spotted it (a passanger in some Korean thing)

If ya get down to it, there is a gold chain in the windscreen air vent :). My sister dropped it in there years ago - or so my dad told me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Karmann Ghia in Tallaght. Not sure it's exactly abandoned, but it hasn't moved in a couple of years.

in tallaght :eek: how did it survive that long without getting torched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Neglected Donegal registered Beetle on Clonmore Road, Dublin.

VWBeetleSIH891.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

G Luxel wrote: »
    its not everyday you see one of these abandoned..and clamped.:mad:
    Originally spotted in September 09.
    91664.JPG
    The car was still there yesterday, this time the tyres were pumped up and it still had its clamp. The story regarding this car is that the owner is in a pychiatric hospital and therefore the airport cannot move the car to a more secure location. Many people have expressed interest in the car but the management can't sell or move it without the owners consent...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

turbogasm wrote: »
    also i have heard there is a bus graveyard somewhere in carlow. would anybody know if this is true? and where it is
    thanks
    I've been to that place a few times looking to pull some rare coaches out to restore. Although the owner is a difficult guy to deal with - thinks scrap is worth a fortune.

Unfortunatly, the council have been onto him so most stuff has been cut up - some really rare buses in there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 oldskooler

And this is parked up in Dublin Airport, don't think it has moved in a while
    1239imageDSCF2004-1.jpg

thats actually an "a series" the beefier version of the tranny, very rare vehicle in this country.

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭coupequattro

Grey Integrale outside the Cherry Orchard service station in Ballyfermot, Dublin, looks like it has some problems, as there is a tarpaulin over half of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Grey Integrale outside the Cherry Orchard service station in Ballyfermot, Dublin, looks like it has some problems, as there is a tarpaulin over half of it

Got a pic of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

hi Junkyard, curious! whats the little one with the 'CFI' reg? ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

nightster,
    you have asked the question of Junkyard about the car reg cfi.
    i will answer that one ,it is an NSU prinz 2 or 3, i am not sure which .

Regards,Rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That car is there a long time, outside Cherry Orchard Tyres?

Fishtits wrote: »
    Try around the Glen of Imaal, its full of old wrecks (sorry no pics)

do u mean just driving around that part of wicklow?? or is there a yard or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Onkle wrote: »
    That car is there a long time, outside Cherry Orchard Tyres?

Must have a look next time I'm near there. Never noticed it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blarneyone

G Luxel wrote: »
    Originally spotted in September 09.
    91664.JPG
    The car was still there yesterday, this time the tyres were pumped up and it still had its clamp. The story regarding this car is that the owner is in a pychiatric hospital and therefore the airport cannot move the car to a more secure location. Many people have expressed interest in the car but the management can't sell or move it without the owners consent...:(

I have walked over to this on a number of occasions. It is there at least 2 years or more. Is in a sorry state now

macroman wrote: »
    I've been to that place a few times looking to pull some rare coaches out to restore. Although the owner is a difficult guy to deal with - thinks scrap is worth a fortune.

Unfortunatly, the council have been onto him so most stuff has been cut up - some really rare buses in there :eek:

hey is it a garagre or something macroman?? cant find as number for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

19443267357896162588046.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

^ Mk 3 Cortina?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

junkyard wrote: »
    ^ Mk 3 Cortina?

Not a clue! Just snapped it for you guys, its up to ye from here on in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

^ Mk 3 Cortina?

please,noooooo!!!!!!

i need one of these to be complete......ly mad

is it in bad nick?not messing,i want a shell,where is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

oflynno wrote: »
    please,noooooo!!!!!!

i need one of these to be complete......ly mad

is it in bad nick?not messing,i want a shell,where is it?

I wouldn't waste my time with that one, it's well rotten, I remember looking at a very good shell stripped down around Mallow a few years ago, i'll P.M. you his number if I can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

FearDark wrote: »
    19443267357896162588046.jpg
    That is automobile art.

I wouldn't waste my time with that one, it's well rotten, I remember looking at a very good shell stripped down around Mallow a few years ago, i'll P.M. you his number if I can find it.

ah it all makes sense now,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Snapped this Landcrusier today at the local builder providers, been sitting around a good few years now, ever since the place opened,

DSCF2422.jpg

Not strictly abandoned as such I suppose, but still.....

Snapped this Landcrusier today at the local builder providers, been sitting around a good few years now, ever since the place opened,

DSCF2422.jpg

can you find out is it for sale?
    me first?:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

oflynno wrote: »
    can you find out is it for sale?
    me first?:D:D:D

Forgot to say that its not for sale, I asked a while back as I have an interest in it myself, might say it to him again, but its gonna sit there for another few years, believe me! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

DSCF2422.jpg

It's such a pity that they will leave it there to rot. I love these Toyotas, basic yet practical. Had the please of driving one a few years back. Class

Landy

Advertisement