Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

its a diesel as far as I can remeber, auto box, was actually a nice jeep before it was crashed, and the damage is light enough as you can see, doubt its for sale though and I imagine its rusty underneath by now so would need a good bit of work to put it back on the road, I'll ask next time I see the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I realise that a find without a pic is like looking at a blank page.
    However i was wandering along a wee road and saw a Capri looking out at me. On investigation there were loads of old tractors, and the cars of interest were 1970 mark 1 capri , uk reg, rough enough but restorable.
    I think i read on here over the last year that Mark 1 s were scarce.
    the fellow said he had it advertised some years ago at 1,000 euro. It was driving .Did not ask him the price now.

He has a largely stripped Mark two for parts, 2,8 engine and perhaps no gearbox.

Also there is a Wolseley Six, good condition or sorts at first glance, but quite a bit of rot below. he did not have this car running.

I am welcome to return and take pics but will not be there for two weeks.

On my way home i called to a fellow who has some of the cleanest cars and motorbikes in Ireland.

His everyday driver is an S320 merc, 96 reg. you could eat your dinner off it. this is not a car that has been cleaned up, its a car that never was dirty or never wanted for attention, he values it at 7,500 euro.

Regards, Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Love to know more like diesel or petrol and is it for sale

Landy

Actually now that I enquired, its actually fitted with a 6 cylinder diesel engine from a Nissan Patrol, its a manual gearbox and its supposed to be fitted with some sort of body kit, a Brooklands maybe, it seems to be a discreet one anyway, but that front bumper does look a little more than standard.

Its not for sale though under any circumstances though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Rush, Co Dublin.

VW71WD4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

S Had to balnk the reg for privicy reason
    1977 Dublin plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

rugbyman wrote: »
    I realise that a find without a pic is like looking at a blank page.
    However i was wandering along a wee road and saw a Capri looking out at me. On investigation there were loads of old tractors, and the cars of interest were 1970 mark 1 capri , uk reg, rough enough but restorable.
    I think i read on here over the last year that Mark 1 s were scarce.
    the fellow said he had it advertised some years ago at 1,000 euro. It was driving .Did not ask him the price now.

He has a largely stripped Mark two for parts, 2,8 engine and perhaps no gearbox.

Also there is a Wolseley Six, good condition or sorts at first glance, but quite a bit of rot below. he did not have this car running.

I am welcome to return and take pics but will not be there for two weeks.

On my way home i called to a fellow who has some of the cleanest cars and motorbikes in Ireland.

His everyday driver is an S320 merc, 96 reg. you could eat your dinner off it. this is not a car that has been cleaned up, its a car that never was dirty or never wanted for attention, he values it at 7,500 euro.

Regards, Rugbyman

Rugbyman,
    I'd be interested in the Mark I Capri and possibly the Mark II if you could get pictures and prices that'd be great.
    Thanks.

Rugbyman,
    I'd be interested in the Mark I Capri and possibly the Mark II if you could get pictures and prices that'd be great.
    Thanks.

Will do. T' will be two weeks till i am back there. They are in
    Co Monaghan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭jimbobjones40

Will do. T' will be two weeks till i am back there. They are in
    Co Monaghan

Thanks that's great.
    Anyway I'm not really asking for myself. It's for a friend who's mad into classic Fords and would travel to the 'end of the earth' :pac: for the right car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

while your'e there could you try to find out if he has any mark one capri front wings in good shape

kev1.3s wrote: »
    while your'e there could you try to find out if he has any mark one capri front wings in good shape

the mark 1 that he has has been there for years, needs total restoration, was driving. he had worked in a Ford dealers when Mark 1 s were new.
    unlikely to have wings, but then .. who knows? he is actually a panel beater, will enquire.
    Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No idea what this is, I saw it on the way to work the other day in Limerick

12022010031.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Its a Citroen DS,looking quite haggard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

where was the ds?

i wouldnt mind finding out about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

oflynno wrote: »
    where was the ds?

Looks like O'Callaghan Strand, across the river from the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

where was the ds?

i wouldnt mind finding out about it

Its in a 2hour parking spot.
    Ya better be quick

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Justjens wrote: »
    where was the ds?

Looks like O'Callaghan Strand, across the river from the city centre.

Yep. Saw it there on friday morning. Stopped the car for a sec to take a picture as the car was quite unusual looking.

Mark, you took a pic of one of the all time Classics. That car was futuristic in shape over 50 years ago. Fortunately there were many of them made and a good proportion survive.

regards, Rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

its a diesel as far as I can remeber, auto box, was actually a nice jeep before it was crashed, and the damage is light enough as you can see, doubt its for sale though and I imagine its rusty underneath by now so would need a good bit of work to put it back on the road, I'll ask next time I see the guy

Thats a real shame to see an icon rust in piece, especially since she "COULD" be saved aor used as a donor.

Landy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Love to know more like diesel or petrol and is it for sale

Landy

...........I expect the reason its not for sale "at any cost" may be due to the fact that its got a 77 reg on a much later body..........and the paperwork may not match the actual numbers.Its far easier to swop number plates than chassis. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

MercMad wrote: »
    ...........I expect the reason its not for sale "at any cost" may be due to the fact that its got a 77 reg on a much later body..........and the paperwork may not match the actual numbers.Its far easier to swop number plates than chassis. :P

Yeah, more than likely, but still a good source for parts.

Landy

• Advertisement

Mark, you took a pic of one of the all time Classics. That car was futuristic in shape over 50 years ago. Fortunately there were many of them made and a good proportion survive.

regards, Rugbyman
    Can you see the abandoned one here?I wonder how the driver didnt lose his head?:eek::confused:
    CitroenDSbanger.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Its a Citroen DS,looking quite haggard.

not as bad as this one

http://cgi.ebay.ie/citroen-ds-23-pallas_W0QQitemZ160404608262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2558dc1506

(sorry if posted in wrong thread but I dont know if its a classic bargain, and someone seemed interested in one on this thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can you see the abandoned one here?I wonder how the driver didnt lose his head?:eek::confused:
    CitroenDSbanger.jpg

Good to see the Ford come out 'top'! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

1977 Dublin plate.

Body transplant then - no four door model in '77.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Good to see the Ford come out 'top'! ;)

I thought it was a Peugeot 505?

It is France after all,flag, barrier, crushed DS,non?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

hi5 wrote: »

It's either a 505 or a Mk4/5 Cortina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Was the Cortina not a 4 stud wheel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Door handles are wrong for a 505.

It has a Granada Mk2 front wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

MercMad wrote: »
    Door handles are wrong for a 505.

It has a Granada Mk2 front wheel.

I think the door handles are gone off that.
    But yeah,505 was a four stud wheel.

• Advertisement

hi5 wrote: »

As far as i know its in Warneton Raceway in belgium,and its a MK2 Granada.

Advertisement