Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Heres another from Arlington raceway in 1990,looks like a CX though this time?
    Citroenbangerarlingtonaug_90.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

hi5 wrote: »
    I thought it was a Peugeot 505?

It is France after all,flag, barrier, crushed DS,non?.

i would have put a few bob on it being a bmw with the 5 stud wheels:confused:

MarkR wrote: »
    No idea what this is, I saw it on the way to work the other day in Limerick

12022010031.jpg

if there is anyone in limerick that knows the location of this car,can you swing past and see if its still there and let me know

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It's somewhere on O'Callaghan's Strand: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.664736,-8.631788&spn=0.004828,0.009645&z=17

That's a disc parking area though, and the housing on the other side of the road has private parking so I doubt it's there on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Spotted this Opel Kadett D in south Wexford. As far as I know it been in the same family since new (Irish Car) and is not too long sitting up and can be seen from the road where I took the terrible pic.

OpelKadett.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

Here's an abandoned Peugeot 505 that I took a picture of two weeks ago,

Peugeot505.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Where is that? Might well be salvageable. 7 seater too.

Had one in 1998, paid €1200 for it, pound for pound the bast car I ever had, was a 5 seat estate. Had a W124 300TE which was a better car but cost a lot more to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

bijapos wrote: »
    Where is that? Might well be salvageable. 7 seater too.

Had one in 1998, paid €1200 for it, pound for pound the bast car I ever had, was a 5 seat estate. Had a W124 300TE which was a better car but cost a lot more to run.

It's in Meath, in a yard between Trim and Kinnegad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

lepoatnam wrote: »
    Here's an abandoned Peugeot 505 that I took a picture of two weeks ago,

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RWDmad

seanybiker wrote: »
    Alright lads. I dont knwo what kind of car it is but I do remember the old woman driving it around years back. Dont even know if its a classic either tbh but I found the pic in the waterford forum and said I'd stick it in here for ye. Sorry there is only the front of it but sure ye will know what it is anyways.

IMG_0576.jpg

just down the orad from my grandparents the bonnet was up on it latley so id say someone was in gettin a few parts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭adunis

Bedford cf anybody,its the man down the roads shed,lots of elderly tractors etc about here also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rust or Weld

looks like "the mystery machine" loved the shape of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

looks like "the mystery machine" loved the shape of these.

always fancied one myself especially the early ones with the steel grill!

adunis wrote: »
    Bedford cf anybody,its the man down the roads shed,lots of elderly tractors etc about here also.

oh craperooney

i passed a neighbours place last week with a bedford cf camper that was left there for years,he asked me did i want to take it away
    it was better than that one but had no roof

they are a huge van inside and do wonder how hard would it be to slip in a transit engine into them

now i would have brought it home but i am still serving a 12 month ban from the wife

that aside.......where are you located and what kind of tractors has he???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

adunis wrote: »

My Father worked for an Ice cream van man in Clondalkin in the 1980's and he drove the Bedford CF vans.
    I even helped to swop out a gearbox on it one evening which insured he was able to work the next day.
    Loud when driven and the Gearbox was hard to select gears sometimes, but a great little van

Ah the memories,

Landy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Not sure if it's altogether "classic" but abandoned at any rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

sogood wrote: »
    Not sure if it's altogether "classic" but abandoned at any rate!

Thought at first it was an old Irish reg but not so sure...LHD also I think.

V480 wrote: »
    Thought at first it was an old Irish reg but not so sure...LHD also I think.
    Swedish,or somewhere near there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

The guy whos property its on is from Norway, if that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Defo not a norwegian reg, it's swedish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Looks like Swedish plates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Sweden

Norwegian plates are two letters, four numbers.

The dealer still exists too: http://www.upplandsmotor.se/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Ha, hard to know wether should I post this in 'this weeks classics I'm not buying' or here,

what you see is what you get I suppose....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1192657

(couldn't get the images themselves to show up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Full?id=2597425
    Full?id=2597393
    Full?id=2597395
    Full?id=2597396

Jaysus, he has a neck on him like a jockeys bollix to put them up on done deal!

got a little excited when I heard about this, turned out to be a 1.0L still a shame to see it come to this end. The story goes if it's true that the owner was arrested some weeks ago in connection with a body being found somewhere I'ts a little far fetched I know but there doesn't seem to be an owner about to save her.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Would still be worth a save though, nice little runaround. Alloys are quite nice too.

a mate is looking into how she can legally be saved but he's against the clock it's due to be crushed next week!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    a mate is looking into how she can legally be saved but he's against the clock it's due to be crushed next week!
    Will it be crushed straight away or just taken to a scrapyard?

the lorry will arrive with the claw and make short work of it unfortunatly.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    the lorry will arrive with the claw and make short work of it unfortunatly.
    Spose theres no arguing with that is there...

not really and you cant exactly put it on a trailer and bring her with you either, it's a shame but there doesn't seem to be a lot that can be done.
    another pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Carina Dude

To superboy....hey, I know you posted this pic of the 1962 Chevy Hearse a while back, May 2007 I think. My interest is in the red Toyota Carina next to it....probably long gone now, but could you please find out where it was...

Regards,

Carina Dude

Advertisement