Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Here's a pic I took earlier today of that Carina (along with the Ritmo) just off the Greenhills Road in Tallaght:

Untitled-16.jpg

It's not the best picture I know, but suffice to say both cars are beyond restoration!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭crushproof

Long time viewer first time poster...heres a couple I took over the weekend while out and about. I'll keep the located a secret for the time being :rolleyes: The green Opel (???) and the house beside just look as if they were deserted one morning...pretty eerie place

dscn4694.jpg

33245426.jpg

Also spooted this Austin 1800 in East Wall last summer...can't imagine it's still there!

dscn3854c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

crushproof wrote: »
    The green Opel (???)
    dscn4694.jpg
    Thats a late 70s Mazda 323,very rare nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i thought mazda aswell ,it looks very solid for a 323 ,i remember there was a special edition 323 (celebration or birthday) that were black with a narrow multi colour stripe two neighbours that worked the mazda garage in mullingar bought one each ,both front wings on each car had to be replaced under warranty because the rust came through them ,and i mean holes

kasper wrote: »
    i thought mazda aswell ,it looks very solid for a 323 ,i remember there was a special edition 323 (celebration or birthday) that were black with a narrow multi colour stripe two neighbours that worked the mazda garage in mullingar bought one each ,both front wings on each car had to be replaced under warranty because the rust came through them ,and i mean holes
    Oh yes they were,there was one local to me and it was rotten on an epic scale,the owner used to patch it up with fibreglass,it was in an apalling state at the end.
    I havnt seen one for ages,any at all left on the road here?

• Advertisement

id say the one in the picture is the only one in ireland , i was towing one 20 years ago that the clutch burnt out of ,came around the first bent and the half shaft and wheel departed the mazda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I remember seeing one of those 323's in very poor state in the scrapyard in Killashandra in Cavan about 6 or 7 years ago. I think the yard has since gone.

The one above looks in surprisingly ok order considering its outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭1948Wolseley

The've got to be rarer than hen's teeth with gold fillings these days, I'd have that one in a shot if I had anywhere to put it!

Heres a minter in the same colour
    MHV_Mazda_323_01.jpg

• Advertisement

very nice it must have been indoors all its life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cheers for the replys guys...haha didn't realise I stumbled upon a rarity!
    If anyone wants to know where it is you cam pm i guess, it's neatly nestled away in a lost part of south Dublin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Those 323's are bringing back memories... IIRC they were assembled in Dublin from CKD kits, rumour at the time was that they sealed the windscreen with silicon hence the metal rotting around the 'screens shortly after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

saw these grand cars today while passing through north Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

can't believe this this was my brother's car, was stolen one night and crashed into another car at a roundabout, the cops impounded the car and and when they were finished with it the fool told them to bale it!! did someone here say they had a number for this yard?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrawb/tags/155/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I spotted this Beetle in Inchicore a while back...

DSC00483_Medium.jpg

This Humber is in Longford...

Picture_227_Medium.jpg

...as are these two...

Picture_228_Medium.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Hermy wrote: »
    ...as are these two...

Picture_228_Medium.jpg

:eek: Nice Carina II there looks to be a GL model (note the window frames painted black, they're painted the same colour on the XL models)

*gets anorak*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

As the title says, where might you find a car like this?

4506249544_1f232631af_o.jpg

No prizes, just the glory of knowing that you've spend too much time prowling the back roads of Ireland.

^haha..if the first owner could see that now!!

I rather though Carcheologist might have come across these at some point; - seems not.

I say 'these' because there are several others of different vintages in the same field and also what appears to be a '65 or '66 Lincoln Continetal with the stacked lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 tommurphy73

I Was VB wrote: »
    :eek: Nice Carina II there looks to be a GL model (note the window frames painted black, they're painted the same colour on the XL models)

Picture_228_Medium.jpg
    *gets anorak*

What is the cream car?. At first I thought it was a hillman avenger but the lights are wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

its a 2 door viva i dont think its a viva coupe tho :confused: coz there is a viva coupe on donedeal and its different maybe im wrong

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1250679

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/1190705

there ya go;)

nmacc wrote: »
    I rather though Carcheologist might have come across these at some point; - seems not.
    'fraid not,id remember a scrapper Shadow if i saw one...:D

'fraid not,id remember a scrapper Shadow if i saw one...:D

Or two, or more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

nmacc wrote: »

I say 'these' because there are several others of different vintages in the same field and also what appears to be a '65 or '66 Lincoln Continetal with the stacked lights.

The stacked headlight car is a '68 Cadillac Sedan Deville 400BZO, sadly written off in a monumental road accident.

Myself and a pal bought the above Shadow years ago at a Merlin car auction, it had an excellent interior but the body was rotten, we got it running but it went on fire minutes later!!

I knew someone would have the answer!

Can you tell us more about the other cars in the field Kevin?

Was the Shadow Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

No it wasnt. It was 75 TS reg'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

This Mini which I posted here about a year ago and was very salvagable has been scrapped in the last few weeks. I think the owner may have died and car dumped as house is now vacant.

Image0161.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Lauder wrote: »
    This Mini which I posted here about a year ago and was very salvagable has been scrapped in the last few weeks. I think the owner may have died and car dumped as house is now vacant.
    That's a real shame.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement