Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

junkyard wrote: »
    Thanks overdriver, I thought so too! Here are a few more I came across to get the ball rolling.

In all fairness, I'd preserve the Rover (P5-6?) and the Zepher, the rest can return to the soil(including the fire tender).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neverweaken

201010029.jpg

I too would love to know where all these cars are

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

Image0321.jpg

gonna fire this in the commercials thread aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

NSU RO80 on the extreme left?
    It sure is,well spotted ! Ive got a few PMs looking for the location of this scrapyard,well its a company called W.J Furber Ltd,and there address is Prees Ind.Est,Prees,Nr Whitchurch,Shropshire,SY13 2DJ.They have a website but not really a whole lot on it.
    It was one of the most interesting yards I have walked around maybe cos I like the old stuff.
    If you look at the location on Google Earth,it will give you an idea on the size of yard and as far as I know,everything is for sale !

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

NSU RO80 on the extreme left?
    i think there's still an RO80 in enniscorthy,as far as i remember he put a V4/V6 FORD in it,but haven't seen it for a few years,i worked on a couple of them but mainly the Mazda RX2/3 in the 70s,easy enough to sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

salysol wrote: »
    i think there's still an RO80 in enniscorthy,as far as i remember he put a V4/V6 FORD in it,but haven't seen it for a few years,i worked on a couple of them but mainly the Mazda RX2/3 in the 70s,easy enough to sort.

NEARLY SURE ITS STILL IN ENNISCORTHY,RED IM NEARLY SURE,HAVENT
    SEEN IT OUT AND ABOUT IN A WHILE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ah why would you ruin a nice RO80 by putting a non-rotory engine in it :(

Because rotary engines are shíte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

salysol wrote: »
    Theres a good few around the country,even some original Irish ones hidden away in places. Great looking and advanced cars for their era,and even now look relitavely modern. Huge room inside also and very comfortable seating.
    nsu_ro80_3_67.jpg

1972-nsu-ro-80-sedan-interior.jpg
    Because rotary engines are shíte?
    No,Rotary engines were sh1te. Modern ones far exeed what NSU had originally. Many,if not all of the ones originally in the cars have been rebuilt with modern rotor tips and are much more reliable because of this. To put a V4 in one ruins the car imo,taking away from its character.
    257605903_cfee92435c.jpg?v=0

nsu_ro80.jpg

Theres a couple of guys in the country that are big enthusiasts of these machines. There was a lovely one in Charleville this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I remember Joe Dolan having one back in the day! :)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭rotorhead

Have'nt posted in a while but cant resist anymore

pictures say it all .Red one is featured in link below when top gear was worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TMgo7DfT9o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭rotorhead

Doh None of above are abandoned just followed thread about Ro80's

maybe Mods could move to I saw a classic thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

68deville wrote: »
    NEARLY SURE ITS STILL IN ENNISCORTHY,RED IM NEARLY SURE,HAVENT
    SEEN IT OUT AND ABOUT IN A WHILE.
    i haven't seen it in at least 10 years,used to see it fairly often around the duffrey.as far as i remember it belonged to a lad around the stil.
    the v6 was a common conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭james1410

bijapos wrote: »
    Its a 280 unless the motor was changed after 1985, and its an S or SE not a SEC. A manual gearbox is indeed rare enough though.

yeah it has a straight 6 in it a fine lump of an engine! dohc the engine wasent siezed in her either!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 triumphs

Max Damage,

I have just come accross your post and I just had to look at the Flickr photos from the scrapyard. However, I saw a shell of a car that I would like to buy and I just wanted to know if any of the car wreks are for sale. Is this guy contactable, or is it a matter of just dropping in.

Either way thanks for your help,
    Triumphs.

triumphs wrote: »
    Max Damage,

I have just come accross your post and I just had to look at the Flickr photos from the scrapyard. However, I saw a shell of a car that I would like to buy and I just wanted to know if any of the car wreks are for sale. Is this guy contactable, or is it a matter of just dropping in.

Either way thanks for your help,
    Triumphs.

You have to contact him through Flickr.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 triumphs

Thanks for that. I will set up a Yahoo account and contact him that way.

5181691037_153bb2050d_b.jpg

It hasn't moved an inch since 1996. The sills and floor is completely rotten. And no, the owner is not going to sell it, or strip it for parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭junkyarddog

^^^ Nice number,
    shame it's being left to rot,even if it is a Peugeot:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

Pity, and I'm looking for a 504 or 404 estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Pity, and I'm looking for a 504 or 404 estate.

There was a 504 estate on ebay last night when I was looking.

• Advertisement

This rally spec one was in the NEC at the weekend. Tough as old boots those 504s.
    PB121112.jpg?t=1289940173

Sure they made the 504 in Nigeria and Kenya until 2004!

They, along with the 505, are popular in West Africa as taxi's.

Modern Peugeot's are muck compared to these. It all went down hill for Peugeot after the 206. :(

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Modern Peugeot's are muck compared to these. It all went down hill for Peugeot after the 206. :(
    While i would be inclined to agree, on reflection my Partner( probably the ponciest name for a van ever:rolleyes:) is thrashed mercilessly every day and rarely complains. I know its a Citroen crossover, but it still does exactly what it says on the tin 5 years down the line. It has the 2.0 HDi engine so it actually moves along, whereas the old 1.9 was pretty woefull. Also the 407 is a big comfy old bus, i have to say i would consider one if i was in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Daxklynsmith

Ali Babba wrote: »
    There was a 504 estate on ebay last night when I was looking.
    Yeah, I'm watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

Hi Folks,

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

Hi Folks,

I know of this Golf in a field in Co. Wicklow thats quiet near me, I dont own it but know the owner who is a reasonable man who seems to have shoved it to the end of a field and forgotten about it, its been there for nearly 9 yrs now, its beyond a resto id say, you can judge for yourselves based on pics above, havent asked him about it, say I may be able to get bits off it if anyone wants them, cant give out location as its on private land, owner wouldnt be to keen on strangers snooping about. Im not guarenteeing anything just yet as I dont own it, will be able to enquire possibly in January as im out of the country at the moment, I maybe able to get bits and send/deliver them, could arrange something but not promising anything just yet as I dont want to dissapoint anyone. Just thought id post it up, shame to see it detoriate, would be nice to see someone get some freebie parts off it at least ;);) if it works out.

This guy used to have a fiat regatta, ascona, sunny, fiesta van, 2 citroen bx"s, kadett 1990, 80s 3 series bmw lying about and there was an old 82/83 carina there as well but they are long gone and buried :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

In an abandoned garden in South Dublin.

5204955659_8ac8113955.jpg
    Mazda 013 by nmacc, on Flickr

5204955985_a6e27fa44c.jpg
    Mazda 018 by nmacc, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

No rust on that Mazda at all.

Its a bit rough but not impossible to put right. Mind you that dint in the roof could be an issue

Unusual how rust free it actually is, they are totally extinct now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

johnos1984 wrote: »
    No rust on that Mazda at all.

Its a bit rough but not impossible to put right. Mind you that dint in the roof could be an issue

That is the statement of a brave man!

Advertisement