Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

the Kadett was indeed for sale, i saw it advertised too.

it used live near Knockbridge in Co Louth . the above pics were taken 18 months ago .it took that long for my son to put them up for me.

by chance i was back in the yard today where the rover and the toyota were photographed. they are still there , the toyota is ozv reg.

When i get time to get a day out with the camera I will supply four times as many pics, to repay ye all for all the ones I have enjoyed on here.

regards, rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭japcars

Where is that place I like the corolla, whats the 4th picture down is that a talbot horizon behind the gate ? actually it is u can see talbot on the mud flap. good images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

i will take the international tractor,the hillman hunter and the mini estate

where are they?

all in Co Louth

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭acier

The Hillman hunter doesn't look too bad, is it for sale?
    Might make a good sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

Gimi the mini

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

I remember that P6 when it was on the road, but I'm talking 15 years ago.

acier wrote: »
    The Hillman hunter doesn't look too bad, is it for sale?
    Might make a good sleeper.

The Hunter belonged to the late sister of a man i got to know.
    It was in driving order some years ago. I always liked Hunters,they were the Carina of the sixties. It has considerable rust as I recall. You could buy a good one from the UK for less than the cost of doing this one up. But then again the local origins of the car count for a lot with me.

Dont know what you mean by sleeper. Yes it can be bought,I think.

Rugbyman

oflynno wrote: »
    Gimi the mini

Nice poetry.

The Mini owners forum are aware of its existence. The member I spoke to thinks it is not for sale.

the same fellow told me that only the Bonnet of the MGB( same yard) is reuseable.(and of course the Tax Book, but that may start another debate)

Regards,Rugbyman

DarenO wrote: »
    I remember that P6 when it was on the road, but I'm talking 15 years ago.

Thats interesting. One of the things i like about local cars is that there is often someone who remembers and may even have pics.

Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Going back a bit but worth a look all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Thats a lot of rare cars...especially the A30 van and the Daimler...Are they still surviving????:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

I doubt it, they were taken in the 80's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

rugbyman wrote: »
    It was in driving order some years ago. I always liked Hunters,they were the Carina of the sixties. It has considerable rust as I recall. You could buy a good one from the UK for less than the cost of doing this one up. But then again the local origins of the car count for a lot with me.

Rugbyman

I wish I had that hunter near me.Always had a soft spot for these.:(

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/255/pc280073.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2198/pc280066.jpg

This one is relatively near me, but there is a pile of stones on the bonnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

spotted a talbot solara, anglia, ERF lorry, Peugeot 104....is that all the pre 76 cars there, was this the same yard that there were pictures taken last year...so all the old pre 70s cars are gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

not sure G , spotted the link on irish rigs , it says that the pics were taken in january of this year !!! they may be the same as before which is good because these cars were supposed to be balled ages ago !!! id love to get in there rooting with a socket set for a few hours .:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Christ there is a Fiat Croma in there. Not seen one in years.

Can any of those cars be saved? Spotted a few I'd like to have a further look at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Can any of those cars be saved? Spotted a few I'd like to have a further look at

That's what I'm thinking. Surely there are a few that are do-able as restoration projects?

VolvoMan wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking. Surely there are a few that are do-able as restoration projects?

That little Fiat 126 (?) looks very clean as does the Rover 45 Conni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Renault 18 america in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

johnos1984 wrote: »
    That little Fiat 126 (?) looks very clean as does the Rover 45 Conni

I'd say that Rover 45 can be summed up in three letters - HGF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭salamander27

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this Mk2 Transit RTE OB unit! Sliding side doors and all!

5405413417_b135700cfa.jpg
    A fresh look around the scrapyard...Jan, 2011 by Scrawb, on Flickr

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just opened the garage today and got depressed - must work less & tinker more...

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=8879:o:o

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I'd say that Rover 45 can be summed up in three letters - HGF.
    Without a shadow of a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just opened the garage today and got depressed - must work less & tinker more...

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=8879:o:o

ATB,

John Mc

series 3 fulvia! what condition is it in?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kev1.3s wrote: »
    series 3 fulvia! what condition is it in?

Close - but it's a real Lancia! - 1.3s Series 2,1974, original Irish car - I have owned it for 30 years and under all the dust it just needs the carbs sorted and a bit of fettling and I'll be gadding around this summer ( another year another promise to myself!)

Been following your own Fulvia - looks great!

Atvb,
    John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Yeah lots to do there! hopefully I'll be getting the paint finished before the summer although that's a sensitive issue at the moment, it would be nice to see her back on the road for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭acier

rugbyman wrote: »

Rugbyman

I'd be interested in the Hunter, I'm a welder and rust doesn't scare me too much, do you have any contact details? A sleeper would be tidying it up a bit and sticking a Rover v8 in it.

• Advertisement

am away until next week, will go and see the guy and revert

rugbyman

Advertisement