Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning old sofas?

Options
  • 20-05-2007 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Not sure I'm posting in the right forum, so if I'm in the wrong one please point me in the right direction :)

I'm moving into a rented house which has some old armchairs and sofas. Those are dusty and release a bad odour. I'd like to clean them - but the cleaners want BIG money (I won't spend several hundred on cleaning rented furniture).

Tried a carpet cleaner (spay shampoo + vacuum). On carpets it works gread, but the sofas remain too wet, which might be bad for them.

What can I do to get them clean and not too wet, without spending *too* much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Dry-clean them.

Cartoon_Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Borrow or rent a 'wet and dry' vac. They work really well. I was amazed at the dirt it lifted.You can odourise the water you use with whatever fragrance you fancy. The more powerful cleaners will leave the sofa fairly dry. You just need to leave it overnight and it should be dry enough to sit on the next day.

Advertisement