Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 Days Left - You anywhere near finished your studies?

Options
  • 20-05-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Well?

I am absolutely nowhere near complete my studies and with 16 days to go i still don't have the "oh ****e i better go do something" attitude. I have about 1/3 of my courses complete.

How are the rest of ya all going? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

*Runs and hides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I had an off day doing maths yesterday, which has scared me a bit, but ultimately I think I'm on top of things though.
    I've about 9/10 of the core material studied in Chemistry and Physics, but I need to learn the experiments in both.
    In Irish I'm fairly sorted for Scothscealta(Prós Ainmnithe) and for the Prós Dualgais. Need to revise filíocht though.
    I should be grand for applied maths.
    Which leaves History... :eek:
    I meant to study a good bit of Partition and the Pursuit of Sovereignty over the weekend, but left my damn book in school. I know hardly anything about that section....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This week it's all starting - honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I had to go to Dublin for the whole weekend for my little sister's Communion. I tried to study on the train, but couldn't do much. So that was a bit of a weekend lost.
    I'll do crap in Maths, scrape a pass, methinks but so long's I pass, I don't care about that. English and French should be okay.... Irish - hmmm.... Got to do some more essays, practise exam questions. Latin should also be okay, we've had the course done for ages. History and Biology are my two worst - the courses are just so long. I've only studied eight out of thirty-odd chapters for Bio. In History, I've finished one Irish section - the pursuit of sovereignty one - still have to read over the document questions, and do the other *gulp* two European sections.
    Sigh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I made the decision to make a timetable for myself for the last 8 weeks, 6 weeks ago..... So far, my timetable has been on my shelf collecting dust. :rolleyes: All i have been doing is learning the stuff as we revise in class. So maybe im ok...i hope :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Can I just say well done to you guys this year! You've actually made good use of these boards!When I was on it last year we formed random and stupid threads but you guys are doing it the right way! Best of luck keep up the studying there no point giving up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I haven't opened a book since Thursday evening. We completed the courses in class, all it needs is a bit of revision really. I don't think I'll study today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Ive started studying since Wednesday, not really that well though. The more I look through my books the more I realise I don't know. Basically I'm screwed and I'll b on this yoke for the next while looking for peoples predictions so I can narrow down my study. Anyone up for breaking into that examinations place in Athlone? ;)

/me gets the balaclavas. I'll meet you at the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ive started studying since Wednesday, not really that well though. The more I look through my books the more I realise I don't know. Basically I'm screwed and I'll b on this yoke for the next while looking for peoples predictions so I can narrow down my study. Anyone up for breaking into that examinations place in Athlone? ;)

But the we'll all get a dodgy back up paper which will be even worse! :D

I just can't study Geography and French at the moment.... I kind of find my study of geography pointless because i don't know a number of sections but with the massive choice on the paper i probably actually don't need too. I hate the those crazy batholith things, soooo boring.

As for French, i'm just going to learn a good number of sayings and hope for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I should be studying for my 5th Year Summer tests and as I've done absolutely nothing all year, I'm actually nervous about them.

I can't imagine how ye must be feeling.

Anyone want to encourage me and tell me that my tests don't matter and how none of ye did anything in 5th year either etc?

Christmas tests eh? Y'mean its the mocks that are coming?

I did nothing in 5th year, and now I'm paying for it.

Christmas?

I clearly said Summer, and you knows it.

Learn to read please :)

:p

Ahah-ahah-ah-HAH.

Last edited, reason? Summer > Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Timans wrote:
    I should be studying for my 5th Year Summer tests and as I've done absolutely nothing all year, I'm actually nervous about them.

I can't imagine how ye must be feeling.

Anyone want to encourage me and tell me that my tests don't matter and how none of ye did anything in 5th year either etc?

You don't need to study, 1 month of dedicated study will get ya through the LC, but you wouldn't understand just how impossible that is! Well for me anyway:rolleyes:

And you'd be surprised by the lack of nerves i am feeling now even though i'm screwed.

Soon enough though the fear of English Paper 1 and 2 will hit home, and then Maths paper 1 and then and then and then :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

we finished all the courses ages ago, so in school we're just going back over it all. Any "homework" we get, is just study. In my mind, I'm finished studting history(apart from Ireland Topic 3, but dont want to do history anymore). Everything else mainly just requires lots of practice at questions, which I've gone over so many times. Need to do quite a lot on English though, thats mainly it

Rozabeez wrote:
    Ahah-ahah-ah-HAH.

Last edited, reason? Summer > Xmas.
    Quiet YoU! :p

And, WeatherCheck, I love you. :)

He's lying. Your entire future is RUINED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

You can never be finished study. NEVARRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Today, 3 - 9. Need to do English, German, Physics, Bio, Maths and App Maths... hmmm :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Just need to go over Irish and french. Besides that its going over the stuff again and do more of those papers. But the study isnt over til after the exam is over anyways tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Just wanted to say goodluck to you all. Always remember if you don't get the points you need, see if there are other ways of getting in to your chosen career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

You know theres a good luck thread. ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Cramming has set in, for me. Got my flashcards- awesomeness. Doing loads of exam questions. A lot of history cramming to do, not much geography, not much biology, not much french ehh...a good bit of irish, and macbeth and poetry...

Ah I'll be fine..o_0

Yeah, but we all hate each other so much that nobody will post. /me shakes fist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

. Anyone up for breaking into that examinations place in Athlone? ;)

I live 10 mins from it........so up for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well lets see.

Business: I have 6 and a half units of the business course done, still have to cover second half of unit 6 and unit 7 (although 7 should be fine because pretty much all of it is covered in the economics course).

Maths: Have only covered 2 exam questions from Maths (arithmetic and sequences and series).I know its only pass but I still need a C3 and i've never actually done any real work for maths.....Oh well.I got 53% in the mocks so I guess it should be ok.

History: I've covered the 3 case studies from movements for political and social reform, in the pursuit of sovereigty i've covered from the introduction of the 3rd home rule bill up until the end of the civil war, in dictatorship and democracy i've covered pretty much everything bout Mussolini......and thats it.I still have loads to do.Haven't even touched Division and realignment yet.It sucks though because I would love if a question on the oil problems of the 70s came up, but that came up last year so I doubt that'll happen.

Economics: Haven't done anything for this yet.....but i'll be grand.Will just cram before the exam.It'll be grand.

German: All i've done for this is past exam questions, but sure what else can you really do?

English: Haven't done anything for this yet either......Hmm.Will just cram personal responses to 4 poets, an essay on cultural context and a general essay bout Macbeth on the day before.Should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Took my longest break since Christmas (I think) of Thursday till today, off, because of the grad night and the surrounding tiredness....

Now that I'm back, I'm BORED as f**k.... These 2 weeks are gonna be long, me thinks. Too long. Just want to do it NOW so I can embrace alcoholism for the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I did nothing for 5th year, and when I say nothing i mean like no notes on anything, not one bit. got 280 in the mocks and i need 350. ive been studying since febuary(properly) I probably would never be ready im one of those people who just kind of takes things as they are. Like I will never ever be conciously finished anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Let's see:

ENGLISH- FINISHED, just a matter of revising poetry.
    IRISH- GOD ONLY KNOWS,I';m useless at paper 2, our teacher is revising it but I cant remember any of it.
    MATHS- FINISHED, as english, just need to revise bits here and there
    FRENCH- FINISHED, I'm settled on this for ages now.
    BUSINESS- FINISHED
    HOME EC- NOT FINISHED. I agree with the teacher, this course is wayyyyy too big. I'm doing hons and I should get it.
    AG SCIENCE-FINISHED. I loathe this subject, but I'm doing pass in it so I couldn't care less.

Advertisement