Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do political candidates not help each other?

Options
  • 20-05-2007 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Working in Dublin but my vote is Tipp North.
    Over the past while, I've been canvassed by all parties and independants.
    I'm in Dublin Central constituency btw.

Everytime I answer the door I simply state my vote is another constituency and they immediately leave.
    So far noone has replied and asked me to support their party candidate in Tipp North. They simply leave once they see I can't help them.

Do canvassers only care about their candidate and not about their other candidates down the country?

Since there are tens of thousands of people working in every city with votes in rural areas, I'm suprised the canvassers are not under instructions to ask voters to support the party no matter what constituency they are in.
    I'm especially suprised at FF since they make a big play on Bertie's team and I'm in Bertie's constituency.

Any comments?

Advertisement