Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watching NHL hockey in Dublin

Options
  • 20-05-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi All-

Anyone know of any pub that shows NHL hockey? The Wool Shed used to, but I just checked their online schedule, and they don't have it listed.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

East Europeans are heavy into their hockey. That Czech bar shows internationals, alot of players from there play in the US so Id say its a good bet for NHL (dont actually watch it myself and Ive never been to the place, tbh i dont even know where it is, Parnell Street area I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Maybe the Dublin board might be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

^ or the Winter Sports forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

"the living room "on cathal brugha st gets a big czech/slovak crowd and I think they show a lot of hockey, whether they show NHL or not is something I can't help with but it's a starting point for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Portobello pub at Rathmines bridge show's NHL as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

If you've just moved here from the US then you will soon learn that although America is one of most admired and copied societies in the world--everybody else enthusiastically embraces your movies, music, fashion, fast food (dare I say it), business methods, freedom of speech etc--but the only two aspects that the rest of the world largely chooses to ignore are your gun laws and your sport.

They remain quintessentially and exotically American.

The average European could name ten famous baseball players with the same ease that the average American could name ten famous Belgians.

Good luck, though. In these days of satellite and digital TV, you might just find somewhere that caters for a minority audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Most pubs that show sport will have the Setanta package on SKY, so they'll have NASN. In addition, Setanta Sports Ireland shows eight hours of NASN between midnight and 8am every day. Most pubs with more than one set will be happy to switch channel if there's any interest in alternative programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PRIDGE

ESPN AMERICA show all the Stanley Cup games live and show quite a few regular season games too but don't forget the time difference!!!I did not catch much sleep last year when my beloved Chicago Blackhawks won the Cup!!!!:)
    Hockey the Fastest,the toughest,the most skillful and most exciting game in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Advertisement