Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scap yards in or around Dublin

Options
  • 20-05-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a headlamp body (Glass side on Drivers side) for a 1998-1999 Mazda 626 saloon, (not the 00 facelift model). Can anyone pls let me know if there are any good scrappers around Dublin I could look into for this part? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The one I always go to is the one across from the Red Cow, just off the M50. He's fairly cheap too.

Their is another one on the Greenhills Road in Tallaght. They usually have more modern cars in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Joe Boland on the swords roadafter the airport and before the texaco- have no number sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Thanks guys for the locations anyways, will look further into it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are loads in the golden pages also (not trying to sound smart).
    I went looking on Thursday and was surprised at the amount of smaller places scattered around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The one at the Red Cow that Max_Damage mentioned is called Kinsella's. There is another one beside Bikeworld on the Long Miler called Duffy's. There are a few on the Greenhills Road too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

If yer feeling a bit Arthur Daly, Dunskink scrapyards, haggle 'em down to 40 and give him 25:D :D, Ah pikeys my old friends!!!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

A bit more out of your way, but will mention anyways....
    Dun Laoghaire West Pier, ( not the main one ) has a scrapyard hidden behind the yacht club. You drive along the single lane road beside the dart line, and follow the road.
    Got a Mazda 323f fuel cap, and opel corsa wing mirror there before.

regards,
    Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Max_Damage wrote:
    The one I always go to is the one across from the Red Cow, just off the M50. He's fairly cheap too.

Is that one still there? I think they have just brought the new slip road from the M50 to Naas road right through were he used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

OMcGovern wrote:
    A bit more out of your way, but will mention anyways....
    Dun Laoghaire West Pier, ( not the main one ) has a scrapyard hidden behind the yacht club. You drive along the single lane road beside the dart line, and follow the road.
    Got a Mazda 323f fuel cap, and opel corsa wing mirror there before.

regards,
    Owen

01-2804177 Speak with Earl if possible (he's the helpful one), and be nice.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

Many thanks for this - Joe Boland's number is (just looked up) 8401907

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Is that one still there? I think they have just brought the new slip road from the M50 to Naas road right through were he used to be.
    I think you might be right, passed it yesterday and I thought it looked like the slip road is going to go straight through it. Pity, I thought I might get a yellow Honda foglight there, I'm looking for one at the moment.

Advertisement