Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water level

Options
  • 20-05-2007 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

realistically how often should I be topping up my reservoir with water cause i don't like the speed at which it seems to be evaporating, actually should it be decreasing at all? I have a 1/2 inch setup cooling both a 6600 and 8800gts. The 8800gts is running at 37 degrees idle and from what i understand this is a pretty significant decrease, could that be causing it?
    And there are no leaks! in case someone suggests that losing 150ml of water in two months is a leak:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well i've no experience of it yet but i'd like to know cos i've gat a full WC setup sitting here staring at me. But i would suggest that water tight isn't vapour tight. Maybe your res or fill port need to be checked because leaks above the water level wouldnt be obviuos but could let out vapour. Also probably couldn't hurt to whip round to all your fitting and give em a quick tighten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

My setups been running for about a month now and i have noticed a slight drop in the water level, maybe half a mm, if i look at the top of my res there are water droplets meaning there is some kind of evaporation taking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

150ml loss in a closed system in two months sounds like a hell of a lot.

My previous WC system would need about 10ml per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

to be honest i don't really know i much it dropped it probably only dropped that much (around 20ml)cause theres condensation i'm just wondering how much i should be expecting to refill a it cause all my other systems haven't required that much refilling mainly cause they have been cpu specific. actually on the topic where can i get deionised water? does B&Q have it cause i've been working off this massive container i got around three years ago and i'm looking to get some fresh stuff soon

Any decent gas station has deionised water, its used for car battery's i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

some art stores have it too. Gamesworkshop in blanch has some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Any chemist will have it.

SpellChecz brought to you by anti

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Here's Specialtech's de-ionised water. I go with Specialtech for all my watercooling needs, the guys are fantastic. Not to mention that they actually have stock, unlike OCUK & Komplett, and their prices are more than decent, compared to the über-expensive HiTide.

Chosen wrote:
    Here's Specialtech's de-ionised water. I go with Specialtech for all my watercooling needs, the guys are fantastic. Not to mention that they actually have stock, unlike OCUK & Komplett, and their prices are more than decent, compared to the über-expensive HiTide.

4 pounds, thats crazy plus postage, get the exact same bottle in any mace for less that 2euro

When did mace start selling de-ionised water?

• Advertisement

Since i started shopping there i guess...
    De-ionised water is used in car batterys, it figures that a gas station would sell it. I boubht some from BP a few weeks ago when setting my system up.

Handy to know. Thanks :)

Advertisement