Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cagliari v Roma

Options
  • 20-05-2007 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I was checking the odds last night and Roma were quoted at 9/2 on PP. The match is most likely fixed but I still put a few quid on the game. Roma can't be too bad, they beat Inter 6-2 last week!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

Cagliari badly need the three points as Roma arrive at the Stadio Sant’Elia in Week 37. The Sardinians are in a dangerous position, but the lack of pressure on their opponents could be a great advantage for them.

The Giallorossi’s campaign will be over by Sunday seeing as they will have played in the Italian Cup Final and they have already secured second in the League. In last week’s tie they were defeated at home by Torino, which shows that the Giallorossi have little motivation left.

On the other hand, Cagliari are still fighting to avoid relegation. The Rossoblu are fifth from bottom with 37 points, just one ahead Reggina and Chievo. Last year’s clash between the two teams ended 0-0, but at the Olimpico, in this season’s Week 5, the Isolani were defeated 2-0.

Roma boss Luciano Spalletti will still be looking to rest some of the regulars. Gianluca Curci will take the gloves, while former Everton man Matteo Ferrari will replace Cristian Chivu in defence. Daniele De Rossi and Simone Perrotta will sit on the bench so French ace Ricardo Faty and Alberto Aquilani will start from the first minute. Rodrigo Taddei and Amantino Mancini will be two other important absences, and their place should be taken by Francesco Tavano and Christian Wilhelmsson. Mirko Vucinic will play as a trequartista behind Francesco Totti, who is chasing the Capocannoniere crown.

Swiss-born boss Marco Giampaolo is set for a 4-3-3 formation. In front of Antonio Chimenti, Under-21 ace Michele Canini should start. In midfield Leonardo Colucci is likely to be reconfirmed. Antonio Langella is suspended, which means Giampaolo won’t have many options in attack. The trident should be formed by Simone Pepe and Davide Marchini, on the flanks, with David Suazo in the centre.

Man on fire: David Suazo (Cagliari) – The Honduran hit-man has scored 13 goals so far this season. He has been linked with Inter recently, but his job at the moment is to keep Cagliari in the top flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

Roma down 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

LOL yep fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DonJose wrote:
    LOL yep fixed.

No just a poor bet on your part, where the liverpool matches against Charlton and Fulham fixed aswell then?

If it wasn't for the odds I wouldn't have put anything on it. I won a 3 bet accumulator last night on the last minute with Valencia. Its been a good week/year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DonJose wrote:
    LOL yep fixed.
    :D

Reginna are 1.28 at home to Ac Milan this weekend and Siena are 1.23 at home to Lazio.

Safe to assume this is fre money.

Reginna are 1.28 at home to Ac Milan this weekend and Siena are 1.23 at home to Lazio.
    I might lay both Reginna and Siena. I've taken a couple of high risk gambles, more than half have paid off and paid nicely. I bet a grand each way on Sunderland to win the league when they were bottom of the league, that worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

DonJose wrote:
    I might lay both Reginna and Siena.

I'd be wary. Superficially its looks an attractive bet vis a vis quality of teams, position in league etc.

However Italian football really does seem to go by the favour system. AC Milan can give Reggiana a favour this weekend, and in 4 years time when Milan need a last day win against midtable Reggiana then this will be remembered.

I recall an Italian journalist recently saying that it just wouldnt occur to an Italian team to deny the opposition a victory that they needed, that it would be consider 'ungracious and unsporting'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'd be very cautious here.

A mate of mine that works has a trader has been told LAST WEEK not to accept any bets on Reggina to beat Milan.

• Advertisement

Gonna do the double for them @ 1.68

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Reggiana won 2-0, Siena won 2-1. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Safe to assume this is fre money.

When will FIFA wake up and realise these 'Handshake games' are just another form of fixing?

Advertisement