Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human impact on the desert biome..

Options
  • 20-05-2007 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

does anyone have a sample answer(long shot) or at least have 3(or 4) headings with information in point form.

I need charachteristics of a biome to come up but its not going to come up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I second this plea

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Huh? Why is human interference likely and characteristics unlikely? Is it not the other way around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Assuming you are studying the north american desert biome (NADB).
    spend the first page doing a regualr biome essay- definitions, topography, flora and fauna, then he next 3/4 pages talking about

the increase in urbanisation in cities within Colorado, California, utah, phoenix etc. due to dust bowl 1930 and wall st. crash. 1,000s migrating west. leading to present day car culture

the californian logging industry- 500sq. km of woddland turn into scrub/wasteland. etc. post ww2 housing boom requiring huge amounts of wood for suburban housing

the detriment of flora/fauna due to NADB agriculture, hillside erosion due to over grazing, Algal bloom as a result of effluents running off into nearby rivers as a result of the hardpan created by calcification. california wine industry requiring large amounts of water for irrigation, but futhering the creation of hardpan-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Our teacher, who corrects as well, gave us a sheet on it with all the SRPs required to get full marks. So I just learned that off and I'm gonna bang it out in the exam.

Advertisement