Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband Slow Download Speeds

Options
  • 20-05-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Iv recently signed up with irish broadband 1mb service. Webpage browsing speeds are ok but download speeds are terrible,as low as 3-5kbps.Iv tried it on vista and xp with the same results. Surely this isn't right?
    Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chaostik

It may or may not have anything to do with the problem you're having, but could you check out this other thread I started about IBB packet loss?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055095017

In your case, since the broadband install is new you could just have something simple like reception/signal strength problems, but there's a chance the issue I'm seeing is affecting you too.

Have you tried ringing IBB support? They can tell you what the signal strength is looking like and rule that out at least. But yes, you should get more than 5kBps (I'm getting more than that even with the packet loss issues, which are more to do with interactive apps like voice comms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thetater

Thanks for your help.ive mailed ibb support and am waiting to hear back from them.according to the navini diagnostics software supplied with the modem the signal strength is almost at its maximum between -96 and -98dbm.this doesnt say much to be as im not very technically minded when it comes to nets&comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

the closer signal and quality strength is to 100 dmb the better. also check the signal to noise ratio should ideally be above 18 to guarantee a descent service but anything below this is going to mean you wont have a great service.

Advertisement