Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oh lordy, my final letter to 3.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

So what's happening now with this? Any coherent cowboys rung you lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Very unprofessional i have to say !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

no news from them at all........:D

hope i didnt piss them off,lol

legs11 wrote:
    no news from them at all........:D

hope i didnt piss them off,lol

Not with you....how could you possibly have done that?

ah well, someone has to bite the bullet

they sent me another letter today, requesting i pay the bill....

seems they never got the package i sent to the 333 addy.

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    ah well, someone has to bite the bullet

they sent me another letter today, requesting i pay the bill....

seems they never got the package i sent to the 333 addy.

No kidding? How many times did I advise you not to send it back to that address or any other?

not kidding,

well that address was plastered all over every single bill.

any questions or change of address, etc.

so i said some person from 3 will have to get this....!

i might ring them again cos my cheque is in that package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

legs11 wrote:
    i might ring them again cos my cheque is in that package.

:D

Shame it's gone missing eh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Lol, what a funny thread :D, op what on earth on earth are you doing ^^.

i can get my cash back if it isnt cashed shur.

i think, its a good quality bank draft so should be safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

legs11 wrote:

Sure maybe you can put in a claim against them :p and start another saga for us all to enjoy...

I do believe that if this thread were in the feedback forum there would be cat picture by now... :D

legs11 wrote:

Do banks offer varying types of bank drafts? I always go for the yellow pack ones.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

I'm sorry I just started reading this thread today, and first thing i have to say is;

hahahahahaha...

and then on a more serious note...

Can you not see that you have been given valuable and incredibly helpful advice from the people here in the forum, and you have not taken ANY of it on board? And now it seems that you have truely shot yourself in the foot, after being told NOT to send anything to a PO Box number and yet you did anyway... and the inevitable has happened.

You should seriously work on your formal letter writing skills as has been mentioned previously, you will never be taken seriously when writing letters of such dreadful, child-like standards.

I would have believed you were a young, teenage boy reading that letter. It was worse when you said you were in your 30s! :eek: Atrocious.

Also, knowing that 3 had an issue with their My3 service should have made you more aware when downloading any content.

I would advise a more cool-headed approach, as being polite and firm has a much more effective way of getting your voice heard, and your point across.

Good luck to you! :rolleyes:

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Sure maybe you can put in a claim against them :p and start another saga for us all to enjoy...

Promises!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

funny thread-
    had a good laugh listening to culabula teaching the op letter-writing skills and showing remarkable patience tbh.

you have to admit legs that letter is an incoherent unprofessional mess (sorry, can't think of a kinder way of describing it tbh).

heed the good advice some of the lads here are giving you for future reference. i'm not sure if you are doing this at all.

you probably have a strong case (i'm not too sure of the exact circumstances) but it's just the approach that's objectionable.

good luck in any further dealings you have with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

From reading this post, im starting to side with 3 on this. I suspect our friend consistently broke the T&C's of the 3GB cap - a few episodes of the Sopranos alone will break that. I think its likely that £ waived the first instance, but wont waive repeat excessive usage in the following months. I know the complainant will refute this, but i believe there is more to this case that meets the eye.

So my advice -
    Pay your bills.
    Dont get a capped BB package if you are a heavy user.
    Go on a letter writing course.
    Bon Chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Letter looks like it was wrote by a 15 year old. If you expect anything do be done take a more formal approach and contact Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Poppers1888

Do you guys have nothing better to do all day than give this guy abuse?? He was looking for advice not lectures on how crap he is. In the end of the day it will him that is out of pocket not you guys, stop being so nasty :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Ha ha ha ha. That's brilliant. What a letter!

If I got that letter I'd probably stop reading once you start complaining about the handset. I'd reply either:
    1) Contact motorolla/nokia
    2) Please bring the phone into a shop and we'll repair it
    3) The sim was meant for use in a data card, and use in a phone is against T&C's, we can't really do much for your complaint as we never promised to support functionaliy in a handset.

I'd aslo reply, (politely) that if you don't have a pcmcia slot you shouldn't have bought a pcmcia card. It's the service that they offered, and Comreg aren't going to care whether you thought it was a bad offering or not, as you were never forced to buy it!

My favourite was the complaining about customer care being non native speakers then saying "taking the mickey"! Priceless

If I was 3 cust care I doubt i'd reply to this, as the shakey facts around usage ("it's 3G and disconnects, so how could it rack up 3GB in 1 month") would just hint that you went over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Do you guys have nothing better to do all day than give this guy abuse?? He was looking for advice not lectures on how crap he is. In the end of the day it will him that is out of pocket not you guys, stop being so nasty :mad:
    He was given plenty of help and advice and heeded none/very little of it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement