Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me find the right phone!

• 20-05-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I'm starting in journalism, a reporters job which will involve alot of phone interviews - is there any phone available from an Irish network that allows you to record coversations for later playback, or to be loaded to a computer? Obviously I'd like one that can take an SD card to expand memory. A good spec camera would also be a plus.

Finally what network would give the most free minutes or best rates? I've only ever used an old pre-paid phone till now so know little about bill pay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Most higher end Nokia phones will handle this fine, at least in my experience. Please note that for legal reasons, it is necessary to inform people that you will be recording them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭kirving

some phones also beep every 5 or 10 seconds when they are recording a call, to let the person on the other end know your recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Cheers, and yes I know the legality involved, thanks for the advice! Is there any Nokia in particular people would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I've used both a nokia 6280 and 6233 for recording phone conversations, although the intermitant beep can be somewhat irritating, the quality is superb. The beep, btw is not recorded. Now both of these are regular phones, not smart phones, so no fancy features. They have decent enough cameras and can have the memory expanded through MiniSD for the 6280 and MicroSD for the 6233.

Advertisement