Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dynamics processing

• 20-05-2007 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

No matter how good the tune im creating is my dynamics processing always lets me down(ie equalization,compression etc).I find it really difficult to get all the elements sitting comfortably in the mix.im creating and trying to produce with ableton within the confines of a laptop and i have pretty much all the tools i need.im well aware dynamics processing is an art in itself but any pointers on the topic would be very helpfull.Anybody else feel my frustration?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

thetater wrote:
    No matter how good the tune im creating is my dynamics processing always lets me down(ie equalization,compression etc).I find it really difficult to get all the elements sitting comfortably in the mix.im creating and trying to produce with ableton within the confines of a laptop and i have pretty much all the tools i need.im well aware dynamics processing is an art in itself but any pointers on the topic would be very helpfull.Anybody else feel my frustration?

I'm with you there man. I'm experimenting myself with the compression and EQ'ing VSTs in ableton, but I can't seem to get a good mix down. My highs freqs are grand but my low-end is very muddy or something... Here's a clip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9E69JOOR

Another thing is, on laptop speakers you can barely make out anything bar the kick and the bass riff, but on headphones you can hear all the texturing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You should post a clip of something you've done thetater so people can see where you might be going wrong. It's hard to master your own stuff anyway because you get used to the sounds. I find the best thing is to sleep on it and try and master the next day or week even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thetater

ok heres a clip of something ive been working on.constructive critisism welcom

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QMQ7QV8U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Nice tune. It seems fairly well balanced throughout to me, but I am by no means an expert. Its heavily compressed but thats by no means a bad thing for dance music, it gives it that great rhythmic pumping effect. Its always harder to judge these things when it comes to electronic music as opposed to recorded acoustic music. I'll be interested to hear the opinions of others.

Feel free to post this over in the Recording/Mixing/Pro Audio forum, we're always happy to listen to electronic music too ;)

Advertisement